Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

Finally, a fucking name for the U.S.

So, is the dog a rapper now?

Edited by Fix-It Freddie

Seems he's actually an avatar for the game's composer, Kazumi Totaka.

K. K. Slider is named Totakeke (とたけけ) in the Japanese version, which is blatantly similar to Totaka's name.

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems he's actually an avatar for the game's composer, Kazumi Totaka.

K. K. Slider is named Totakeke (とたけけ) in the Japanese version, which is blatantly similar to Totaka's name.

There's a fair bit of cool trivia that goes along with this throughout a lot Totaka's games, for those not in the know.

http://www.nindb.net/feature/totakas-song.html

Whoops, time to update alot of info and the Topic title.

Mr. Resetti gets his own building to scold you in Animal Crossing 3DS

Lots of New info in the spoiler

Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.

- Return of Don Resetti.

- Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.

- Can drink coffee outside.

- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.

- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.

- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.

- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.

- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.

- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.

- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.

- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.

- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)

- New flowers.

- Return of cherry blossoms.

- Can eat ice-cream cones.

- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.

- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.

- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.

- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26

New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th

New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th

Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.

Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather's little sister.

Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.

Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.

Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.

Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.

Start the game off in a tent.

Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

More Info

- some characters might set up a tent and camp outside

- visit the recycle shop for various materials

- help out your in-game friends with purchasing decisions

- use your office (as mayor) to make decisions on putting things in town

- you pick a location for construction to begin on the items you plan on adding

- megaphone is a new item which lets you gather people

- shoe store offers up boots/shoes for sale

- museum store allows you to make custom-made signs

- Tom Nook can help you make design changes to your house

- capture and sell your own critters

- Dr. Shrunk returns at the club

- you can now have many more emotions, all of them will be saved

- design/sell your own items, which can eventually change during the process

- much larger selection of colors this time around when designing

- view the homes of people you StreetPass

- trade items with StreetPass as well

- take picture via photobooth, bottom screen displays the picture you'll take

- visit a massage parlor that helps to relax you and put you into a dream stage

- ability to explore the town of someone else

- early morning music is calm, dawn the music is more upbeat, afternoon is more pleasant-sounding music, nighttime the music has more base, late night music gets mysterious

- KK Slider takes on the role of a DJ at the club, as well as his regular guitar gig

- expect a much greater number of KK songs this time around

- explore a town alongside other people

- travel via boat to an island and enjoy a song at the same time

- grab items from the bottom of the sea

- collect rare bugs as well

- mini-games and various stores when you visit the island by boat

- Tortimer is the host of mini-games and wears a tropical shirt

- one mini-game has you trying to navigate a maze to collect a certain item

7 Minute Trailer (Japanese)

How Streepass works and other info

It seems community work is the way forward as it will help you build a second floor in the museum which lets you open the museum shop and an original exhibition room where you can hold your own exhibitions.

Community work will also result in the Fortune Teller hut opening. Once open, you can follow your fortune and if you keep a lucky item with you, something good might happen.

You need to work hard for your rewards in Animal Crossing: Jump Out. For example, you can work part time at the cafe for which you will be rewarded with unique furniture.

Moving on to the residents of Your Town. Animals from other villages will visit and you can play rock, paper, scissors with them. You can also play hide and seek with the villagers you're good friends with and will be rewarded with items if you manage to find them all.

There's another bonus for becoming good friends with one of the villager as they might send you a special letter and a photo that you can place in your house.

In other news, we have learned that you can now look up at the sky to see rainbows, aurora on cold nights, cumulonimbus clouds in the summer, shooting stars and balloons flying in the sky.

Also, fruit produced in your village can have special appearances and flavours.

You can visit other towns and even a Nintendo themed Town in dreams

image_thumb151.png

Your character can visit other towns in their dreams. After counting sheep you might wake up in a Nintendo Town, which has iconic characters from various Nintendo games and cutouts that let you pretend to be Satoru Iwata and other executives. Wendell, the starving walrus artist, also lives in Nintendo Town and he will give you patterns if he sees you.

No paid DLC for Animal Crossing

Iwata sated clearly, “That sort of element [paid DLC] is absolutely not being added,” before stating that such monetisation would have an impact on gameplay, even going as far as to call it calling it “unwholesome.”

Release date is November 8th for Japan, Early 2013 for North America and Europe

Edited by Nintendoga

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nintendo Directs for US and Europe have just finished. 

European title is the same as the US one: Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

European release date: June 14th 2013.

US release date: June 9th 2013.

My wife is pretty happy that the game is coming out just 4 days after her Birthday. 

Nintendo Directs for US and Europe have just finished. 

European title is the same as the US one: Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

European release date: June 14th 2013.

US release date: June 9th 2013.

My wife is pretty happy that the game is coming out just 4 days after her Birthday. 

Woo! Finally a release date :D I've never wanted June to arrive so quickly, haha. 

I'm sure this game's gonna eat up my life for the next year, if the previous Animal Crossings are anything to come by~

So happy to finally have a release date. I rented City Folk and honestly liked it but it was so similar to Wild World that I didn't bother again. New Leaf though...yeeeesssssss.

Here's the video from Nintendo Direct for Europe. It shows some English footage of your duties as mayor, more customization options, and even some new stuff for multiplayer.

Another video for the North American version. Shows the new main street shopping area and some more online features.

Edited by NGw00d

It's going to be June 14th in the UK, according to Amazon anyway, which isn't so terrible.

Yay! I've been avoiding too many spoilers for months because I wanted to wait for a proper showing, like the Nintendo Direct video, so that it was more rounded. I was concerned that they'd push it back seeing as they last said first quarter of 2013, which is nearly over. Second quarter isn't bad though.

I love WW but once I for CF I didn't play it again for ages because CF was just, bigger and shinier. But then my favourite neighbour moved and I haven't touched it again in months =C

It's going to be June 14th in the UK, according to Amazon anyway, which isn't so terrible.

Yay! I've been avoiding too many spoilers for months because I wanted to wait for a proper showing, like the Nintendo Direct video, so that it was more rounded. I was concerned that they'd push it back seeing as they last said first quarter of 2013, which is nearly over. Second quarter isn't bad though.

I love WW but once I for CF I didn't play it again for ages because CF was just, bigger and shinier. But then my favourite neighbour moved and I haven't touched it again in months =C

Yeah, one or two 3DS Nintendo Direct's ago they announced it was coming Q2 in the US and Europe, and now, in the latest Nintendo Direct, they announced June 14th for Europe. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Up until a week ago, I knew absolutely zilch about Animal Crossing and never had much of an interest to try it out, but I've been looking into this game and I'm strongly considering picking it up around the time it finally launches. From what I've gathered it seems like this would be a great place for a newcomer like me to start, so I probably won't have to worry about having to play the other games. It also would be nice to have a laid-back game like this mixed in with my other games; in fact I'm even thinking about getting it before some other 3DS games I've been wanting to get such as Luigi's Mansion, since I have a feeling this would last me much longer.

This one has the potential to be the best one yet, from the change of being a common citizen to being the mayor of your town alone. And then they buffed up customization options by allowing you to stylize your house inside in out, set the town schedule to your liking and etc. Plus, great minor touches like the ability to swim. At this point, I'd say that it's definitely a great starting point for anyone willing to jump into the series. And honestly, with how the games work, once you jump into New Leaf, you'll basically learn the foundation of the preivous games along with this in a snap.

I've jumped in at Wild World. Definitely enjoy it more than I thought I would. City Folk was okay, but it's was just Wild World with a city.... that you couldn't even go to online. So this one is taking a pretty big leap forward.

I may not get it at launch, but I'll definitely get it eventually because I do have a special place in my heart for Animal Crossing. It's a great game to play when you want to pass the time or just let the shit of real world troubles just melt away by doing whatever you feel like in a care free town.

Edited by 502 YoshiUnity Gateway
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm counting the days until it launches; I'm pretty pumped.

Now, the big question is: Physical or Digital?

As much as I love boxed games, I'll be going digital with New Leaf. It's the kind of game that seems more suited to pick-up-and-play sessions, and one you'd want on yourself at all times.

Edited by Cola

Wow, that Nintendo Town thing sounds EXTREMELY awesome.  I'll be picking this up when it comes out. :3

Come on, Wario, I know you're popular enough to appear!

Edited by Ham-Sellin' Wario

The one thing with digital is that is wish you could download games you ready bought physically incade of something like loss or theft. At least the Nintenso ones if they wouldn't do third party ones. Of buy the physical copy of this, but I would download it if I was going away somewhere to save space...not if I'd have to repay of course

Retail definitely, since I don't want to use up precious space on my SD card. I also can't redownload games at my leisure, having to go to a public cafe to do so.

Besides, if I wanted to bring this game with me everywhere I go, I have 3DS game cases for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely getting a physical copy. While digital would probably be pretty convenient for this game, I just prefer having the actual box and cartridge. And to make things even better, I've got a $40 gift card to Best Buy, so I won't have to pay any cash when I pick this up.

Been waiting for this game for years, now its only a little over a week away, I'm extremely hyped.