Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

Retail definitely, since I don't want to use up precious space on my SD card.

You better replace that SD Card with one that isn't a dinosaur. :P

I believe you could find 16 GB SD cards on Amazon for around $10.

I got a Kingston one from there; works like a charm.

Edit: Decided to go with Physical after all. Kmart has it for $30 at launch, and I have a $25 gift card...

Edited by Cola

That feel when you go all over town trying to find the game and it's at the last place you look.... only to find out they can't sell it to you :(

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game. I'm so glad I've finished just University because I wouldn't have got any work done if this had come out beforehand!

My wife wants this on launch day, but no online retailer can do that in this country it seems, so she's having to go to the Walmart at which she works to get it. Yeah right, as if the night shift Electronics person is gonna pull that shit out. :(

Not sure if anyone has posted it buuuut

GAME UK are offering a Issabelle and Town Hall statue per-order bonus with a £5 deposit

Don't have a pic sorry as the only one in store was a crappy black and white photocopy

My wife wants this on launch day, but no online retailer can do that in this country it seems, so she's having to go to the Walmart at which she works to get it. Yeah right, as if the night shift Electronics person is gonna pull that shit out. sad.png

I'm hoping for the same thing.. I'll ask them several hours in advance thou just to make sure they actually have it and can get it for me at midnight

I wish my dads friend still worked at GAME, he used to get us promo/preorder exclusives for things we wanted (but weren't getting preordered) aswell as games a day or so early occasionally, I remember getting LEGO Starwars 2 a couple of days early for my birthday and he dropped by to give us a copy of Mario Galaxy early on the night before release

Not sure if anyone has posted it buuuut

GAME UK are offering a Issabelle and Town Hall statue per-order bonus with a £5 deposit

Don't have a pic sorry as the only one in store was a crappy black and white photocopy

This one?

gm_widget_AnimalCrossing.jpg

Yeah, I was tempted, but then the So Many Games... promotion was announced and then I decided I wanted a download copy.

Can't you get download copies via game? Maybe you could preorder one of those?

Can't you get download copies via game? Maybe you could preorder one of those?

Not with the promotion I mentioned - due to being dished out by Nintendo.

I guess if you pre-ordered in store, though, you could get a download card rather than physical copy... (Was thinking of doing that with Pokemon X/Y)

Yeah that's what I meant :P those little card things in Game, coincidentally, if anyone is preordering its £28 on Amazon last time I checked (yesterday) and with the preorder price garuntee thing that'll be the price you pay unless it goes lower.

Shame cause I always go Amazin now cause its cheSper, but GAME does the cool preorder bonuses!!

I still need to pick up this game. Just waiting for E3 just in case Nintendo announces something 3DS related. I want to download the game onto my own 3DS.

welp, the game is out.. except in my stupid clueless stores full of lazy associates who don't want to check a computer or the backroom for a copy @ midnight D:

Been hearing that across multiple sites. lllaaaazy walmart!

• Thumbs Up 1

Question. Why would you even want the game at Midnight? There's nothing to do until the morning. I seriously doubt you can set the "Night Owl" Ordinance as soon as you start, you need bells to set them, and you can't get Bells if there's nothing to do.

Super Mario, what you just said confused the hell out of me, but then I don't know much about the game. Is there some kind of restriction in the game?

Shops are closed at night, and most of your friends in town are sleeping.

Plus, in AC Wild World, you couldn't progress until you talked to everyone living in the town, so I don't know what you can even do if they sleep.

Super Mario, what you just said confused the hell out of me, but then I don't know much about the game. Is there some kind of restriction in the game?

The game runs real time, so shops open at like 8 am real time and close at about 8pm real time (unless you change the town settings). The only way to get around this is changing the time in your DS or as the gamers call it "time travel" it could be considered cheating and the game often punishes you for doing so (not letting you access special visitors ect.)

Well, huh, that Nintendo Minute honestly got me a bit excited for the possibility of upgrading to the XL maybe :o. I mean I thought about it before since the regular 3DS cramps up my hand a lot, and I don't actually really use my 3DS as a portable device really, I just use it at home for the most part, so upgrading to something that'd fit my hand better as well the bigger screens might be more awesome. And while I'm at it I've been extremely excited to get this game here in a few days as my first Animal Crossing game, since it's a thing I can see myself really getting attached to. So this boxed system with the game preloaded actually sounds like a really rad deal I might have to really consider haha.

The thing is I hope I can transfer my regular 3DS junk to an XL, ambassador program and all. I'm also kinda weary at owning a full fledged retail game in download form, since it takes a lot of space, as well as fears of actually losing the right to have the game some how in the future (like something messes up and I can't redownload it because the 3DS shop is obsolete by the future Nintendo handheld system or something crazy like that).

So IDK, if you guys were in my shoes what would you do? Seems like a super big commitment for something I already have, but at the same time I don't think I'd be disappointed.

Ah, I see. I never thought about that. I'm surprised you can't do anything though, not even explore and interact with objects that don't sleep.

Well, huh, that Nintendo Minute honestly got me a bit excited for the possibility of upgrading to the XL maybe ohmy.png. I mean I thought about it before since the regular 3DS cramps up my hand a lot, and I don't actually really use my 3DS as a portable device really, I just use it at home for the most part, so upgrading to something that'd fit my hand better as well the bigger screens might be more awesome. And while I'm at it I've been extremely excited to get this game here in a few days as my first Animal Crossing game, since it's a thing I can see myself really getting attached to. So this boxed system with the game preloaded actually sounds like a really rad deal I might have to really consider haha.

The XL is a really nice upgrade. It's a lot more comfortable, though naturally more heavy due to the bigger size. The Select/Home/Start buttons are a MASSIVE improvement in my opinion. I'd say the upgrade is somewhere analogous to the DS and DSi XL.

The thing is I hope I can transfer my regular 3DS junk to an XL, ambassador program and all. I'm also kinda weary at owning a full fledged retail game in download form, since it takes a lot of space, as well as fears of actually losing the right to have the game some how in the future (like something messes up and I can't redownload it because the 3DS shop is obsolete by the future Nintendo handheld system or something crazy like that).

So IDK, if you guys were in my shoes what would you do? Seems like a super big commitment for something I already have, but at the same time I don't think I'd be disappointed.

As far as I know, EVERYTHING transfers. I think everything you could care about does, anyway.

I understand your fears over digital ownership because I have the same concerns in general. It's really something you'll have to decide is worth it. The physical version is always an option, after all.

Edited by EuroMIX

It's really up to you, there are benefits to both, if its Download you'll ways have the game on you but you have to always have your DS, the physical copy could get lost but the DL copy could get deleted. It's really personal preference really

Personally I really think Nintendo should start to let customers either download the game onto their 3DS if they want to, a bit like an Xbox 360 if im not mistaken, or get the download version for free if they have bought the physical copy. Ova had my entire collection of DS games stolen when I was robbed in the past (I had my DS on me and a couple of games) so that would be great, maybe if you had to register them on an account or something

Ah, I see. I never thought about that. I'm surprised you can't do anything though, not even explore and interact with objects that don't sleep.

Oh you can do some things like fish, bug hunt ect, it's generally the shops aren't open. Some villagers will be outside and talk able and the museum is always open

Edited by Jolt_TH