Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Well that's what happens when something is so immensely disappointing and terrible to so many people. I'm sure Sonic 06 threads were similar when it came out. 

Sure they still can be, and that's why we come in a moderate them when things get out of hand.

Regardless, this is still moving this topic further off topic so hence-force keep talking about the xbox one....even if it's just to talk about how bad you think it is, just keep it within the rules of contributing to the topic in a non-spammy way.

Edit: Whoa triple attack :U

Eh.. the negativity on the forum had a stigma that caused divides within the community. Many users were getting upset with each other and many warnings were issued out by administrators/mods. The forum even has a sticky about being hostile against each other. The negativity seen on other parts of the forum only splits apart the SSMB family.

This thread on the other hand while negative, is on the opposite spectrum. Everyone is laughing and joining in on the fun. No one is getting hurt (excuse the one or two people taking it too far). The negativity is actually bringing the forum together. I haven't seen the forum get along this well in forever. It's a nice change from the constant jabs, insults, snarky comments, and friendships torn apart.

Once again, I agree. I don't see anyone here being an asshole or douche towards anyone, (not that I know of.) and everybody here is just doing what the Xone is supposed to do. Bring us together, give us some laughs, and share some hearty jokes. In fact, I'd say this whole day is kind of an up day for ol' ssmb. No negativity, no snark, just good old fashioned MST3K style riffs towards a console that got presented badly and we can all say 'amen' on that.

I'm liking half this tomorrow morning.

Edited by Abominal Taz

I know I've mentioned this before, but the design is probably the one thing I can praise the console for. I seriously get an Xboner off of it.

xbox-one.jpg

Am I the only one who likes the bulky design? I also love the little stripe pattern it has on exactly one half of the console. Or is that an air vent? Because that would be a giant fucking air vent.

Yes this is me trying to diffuse all this tension. Am I working

Edited by Username Taken ~ U. Waffle

Ok I said back on topic, I appreciate the reasonable responses but we've spoken to get back on the Xbox one as a topic rather than the /xbox one topic/ and now I'd like that to be respected.

So what are the hardware specs on this again? We kind of lost sight of that when the news hit. How does this thing compare to the Wi U and the PS4?

• Thumbs Up 1

8GB RAM (5 Usable) is the only thing I know of.

I'll look real fast.

EDIT: Octa-core CPU

Nothing on the clock speed or GPU from what I can find.

Edited by y cant solkia crawl

I know I've mentioned this before, but the design is probably the one thing I can praise the console for. I seriously get an Xboner off of it.

xbox-one.jpg

Am I the only one who likes the bulky design? I also love the little stripe pattern it has on exactly one half of the console. Or is that an air vent? Because that would be a giant fucking air vent.

Yes this is me trying to diffuse all this tension. Am I working

I do seriously like the design. It's looks like a VCR...so? That's what they're going for. The idea is something that can fit in with anyones TV set and not look out of place. I think it looks nice, sleek and simple.

I don't know the actual dimensions of it, but I imagine it's about the same size as the first PS3 and 360, which would not be that bad.

I love the boxy design of the thing, but I like things that are boxy in general so maybe I'm not the person to ask. I have a lot of issues with the console, but design is not one of them.

Edited by SkyLlama

I do seriously like the design. It's looks like a VCR...so? That's what they're going for. The idea is something that can fit in with anyones TV set and not look out of place. I think it looks nice, sleek and simple.

I don't know the actual dimensions of it, but I imagine it's about the same size as the first PS3 and 360, which would not be that bad.

I love the boxy design of the thing, but I like things that are boxy in general so maybe I'm not the person to ask. I have a lot of issues with the console, but design is not one of them.

Pfft. It looks much bigger than that to me. Looks a bit bigger than your average 90s VCR player. I still don't get how Nintendo manages to squeeze their tech into those tiny little boxes on the first model. The Wii U doesn't even seem to be that behind graphics wise this gen.

Though I guess the Xbone's size is justifiable, I mean where else would you fit all that sports and tv? And that advanced cooling system they better fucking have. I never got a RRoD personally (with my Elite which I got early 2010), but I have known enough people that have had that problem and its pretty shitty. Doesn't the Slim also have that problem a bit?

8GB RAM (5 Usable) is the only thing I know of.

I'll look real fast.

EDIT: Octa-core CPU

Nothing on the clock speed or GPU from what I can find.

5 usable? The PS4 only had 4 iirc so that gives the new Xbox an edge.

I don't really know for sure. I hear the OS takes up 3, but don't have a source to give for that.

I too like the Xbone's design, as well as the controller's new look. Even Kinect's new look is really nice. All the hardware, and the dashboard too actually, looks lovely.

It's just a bunch of that other crap, which MS decided to bury in press releases they hoped would let them slip by unnoticed, that makes the whole shebang unpalatable.

• Thumbs Up 3

Processor

XboxOne-8-core x86 CPU

PS4-8-core x86 CPU

Wii-U-Tri-core IBM PowerPC 1.24Ghz

GPU

XboxOne-AMD powered

PS4-Next-gen AMD Radeon, runs at 1.84 Tflops

Wii-U-AMD Radeon running at 550MHz

RAM

XboxOne-8GB

PS4-8GB

Wii-U-2GB

Storage

Xbox-One500GB HDD

PS4-Unknown

Wii-U-8GB-32GB

Optical Drive

All have blue-ray

HDMI

XboxOne-In and Out

PS4-Out, In unknown

Wii-U-Out

Ports

XboxOne-USB 3.0, 802.11n, Direct Connect

PS4-USB 3.0, Ethernet, 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1

Wii-U USB 2.0x4, 802.11n

Price

XboxOne and PS4 are unknown

Wii-U$299 - $349

Backward Compatibility

XboxOne- No

PS4-No, but promised to put games on Cloud

Wii-U- Yes, with Wii

Release Date

XboxOne-Late 2013

PS4-Late 2013

Wii-U-Now

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hate the design. It honestly just looks like an oversized DVD player with the Xbox logo slapped on. Entirely unremarkable.

• Thumbs Up 2

xbox-one.jpg

The main beef I have with the console itself is the sheer size. But other than that detail I'm a sucker for shiny things and boxy things (heck the Gamecube is still one of my favorite console designs ever,) so yeah, I like those parts of the design.

>dat light shining off the glossy finish

hhhnnnnnggg

Edited by Inferno

I like the fact that it looks like it was made to lay down, something about when people used their 360's upright always made me feel uneasy

The main beef I have with the console itself is the sheer size.

It honestly doesn't look that much bigger than the original 360 laid down on its side.

So do those vents actually do something? Or do the only thing they do is collect dust like a Mega Drive?

Clearly they're gills so you can play it underwater Sokia >:U

It's hard to tell from the pic though, at the angle the side ones look like they literally could just be decorative but that'd be an odd choice

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the fact that it looks like it was made to lay down, something about when people used their 360's upright always made me feel uneasy

I can't stand standing consoles upright. My PS3 is currently upright and I hate it. WHAT IF IT FALLS?!

• Thumbs Up 2

I only stand the Wii and Wii U upright. Something about the other 2 makes me feel real uneasy, they just don't look like they're meant to do it.

Plus I've had bad experiences with my original 360 just /destroying/ my disks if it got slightly bumped, so I'm warey of upright things that look wobbly. You gotta just stack all your stuff.

0e8767ba182353a69f1ddc7c68428.jpg

8f454c0e20429a166af7ec1574623.jpg

Vents looks like they work about the same as on the Slim 360.

Really digging that proprietary hardrive that can't be changed being hooked up with regular SATA cables, too.