Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Wait the original Xbox really sold better than the 360 in Japan? That's.. nuts. I thought the 360 wasn't that bad over there.

Still, most of the JRPGs released "exclusively" on 360 had enough demands to be ported to other systems, Vesperia came to PS3, Blue Dragon came to DS, etc etc.

Maybe they should try and cash in on Idolm@ster some more.

Edited by SuperLink

Blue Dragon came to DS

Actually Blue Dragon Plus and Awakened Shadow were sequels, not different versions of the 360 game.

Lost Odyssey also by Mistwalker was also a 360 exclusive.

New Need for Speed game, Need for Speed Rivals announced for PS4 and Xbox One:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/new-need-for-speed-announced-for-xbox-one-ps4

Also coming to current gen systems on November 19th (release dates for XBO and PS4 versions are just "later this year".) It's also running on Frostbite 3.

I have NO idea whether this game is coming on the Wii U.

Edited by KrazyBean

Ok, so I've been (trying at least) to keep up with the news for this console. I'm stunned at some of the decision they made for this thing. I suppose I should wait for E3 to cast my final judgement, but I can't help but feel like not bothering because as previous conferences have shown, Microsoft has gotten arrogant and don't seem to care much for the gaming scene anymore. The way the XBOX One was shown off was not as a gaming entertainment system, but an entertainment system that can also play video games. I mean some of the features are cool, but I'm not to lazy to pick up my remote to change the channel, or even walk to my tv to change the channel. Has the human race become that pathetic?

But anyway, I am skeptical about these 15 exclusive games they are bragging about. I say this because, in the past Microsoft and even Sony have marketed their arcade titles as big exclusives, and while there are some good arcade titles out there, they've never drawn me to buy a console. So to me 15 exclusives games is a pretty vague statement, and I will not get my hopes to high on that for fear that its mostly a bunch of casual exclusives with like 4 blockbuster games. The news has just been awful, and if everything I'm reading is true, the XBOX One is like the most anti consumer device ever made.

I just don't know how exactly to feel about this console, and the fact that they are being dodgy when being questioned on certain decisions does not bode well. I wasn't sure what console I was going to consider buying on launch this year, but if things go unchanged it will definitely be a PS4.

Edit: Also, I'm not a big sports fan despite being American, so that whole spew about the NFL and exclusive content for sports games and shit really does not swoop me off my feet into into the XBOX One's arms, it actually upsets me that they invest so much money into this tv shit instead of looking towards purchasing some new first party development studios but hey, they can surely survive off of Halo, and Gears of War for another gen right?

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 2

New Need for Speed game, Need for Speed Rivals announced for PS4 and Xbox One:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/new-need-for-speed-announced-for-xbox-one-ps4

Also coming to current gen systems on November 19th (release dates for XBO and PS4 versions are just "later this year".) It's also running on Frostbite 3.

I have NO idea whether this game is coming on the Wii U.

Frostbite 3. Don't count on it.

Angry Joe is Angry. Really Angry...:

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 4

Wait the original Xbox really sold better than the 360 in Japan? That's.. nuts. I thought the 360 wasn't that bad over there.

Microsoft spent a lot of time over the life of the Xbox trying to get games that had Japanese appeal on the system. They were largely ignored, but stuff like the deal with Sega to produce a Panzer Dragoon sequel (of all things) exclusively for it were borne out of that attempt.

On the 360, they thew some money to score a couple XBLA games and got Squeenix to drop the FF14 exclusivity and that's basically all that happened while they focused almost exclusively on expanding the American market.

I guess that the case DICE showed for the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 was not a placeholder:

XboxOne_BF4_F_ESRB_RGB_5.png?cb=294e4ed8

If that's the case then the PS4 case should look like this:

ps4_packart_0_2_0.png?cb=294e4ed8

Edited by KrazyBean

oPy9kRq.jpg

Xbox confirmed to be more powerful than PS4? It seems it can defy gravity, what else can this system do?

No wonder it can display 1080p 60FPS games.

• Thumbs Up 3

oPy9kRq.jpg

Xbox confirmed to be more powerful than PS4? It seems it can defy gravity, what else can this system do?

No wonder it can display 1080p 60FPS games.

All those exhaust vents and the huge fan mounted on top clearly means that it is actually a hovercraft.

• Thumbs Up 8

So today I spoke to my sister and her partner. Both own an Xbox 360, both are not hardcore/serious gamers. They mainly use their Xbox for streaming tv stuff, they have games, but don't play it regually and don't pre-order games or anything like that.

They are the typical 'casual gamers.'

They said "Oh, our Xbox is having problems streaming video, any ideas?"

I gave them a few suggestions and then said... "Have you seen the new Xbox On......" I didn't even finish the sentance before both said

"Oh yeah, we're not getting it! It looks and sounds terrible, just everything about it, but the worst thing was the used game policy. But we liked the idea of the TV stuff, doesn't your PS3 do that too?"

I said "Yeah the TV stuff won't work in Europe without some kind of adapter"

Responce was "Oh we'll just get a PS3 then for now."

Fission Mailed?

• Thumbs Up 3

Hovercraft you say? I'd rather have one of those big ones that go between Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight...

Seems its not finalized quite yet. Microsoft is backpedaling hella seeing how the reactions are. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15003-Xbox-One-s-Used-Games-Policy-Still-Being-Finalised.html

If they thought they could control the consumer, they perhaps didn't realise just how much power the consumer has.

If they truly backpedal on those lock-related aspects, I'll be laughing because I know EA will be the only ones really squirming from it :')

If they thought they could control the consumer, they perhaps didn't realise just how much power the consumer has.

If they truly backpedal on those lock-related aspects, I'll be laughing because I know EA will be the only ones really squirming from it :')

I would not be surprised if they decide to scrap the used games policy to be honest, which is indeed a good thing for just about everyone. If the always online thing stays, fuck it, I have no problem with it.

I would not be surprised if they decide to scrap the used games policy to be honest, which is indeed a good thing for just about everyone. If the always online thing stays, fuck it, I have no problem with it.

I personally wouldn't be too bothered by the always online thing as I'm online a lot, but it will dramatically impact their sales considering there are still far more parts in the world with unreliable internet compared to the few wealthy States and countries that do have it.

And they can kiss their Japanese audience goodbye if they don't ditch the online thing too, but that's up to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys.... I've just realised something.

You know what this anti second hand thing has done? Killed videogame rentals. Blockbuster, Netflicks, in fact, any other company that offers rental games be it via a store or a postal service, this will render all those useless, you won't be able to rent a game.

Think about it, say you were the first guy to rent a game, it would be locked to your system. Take it back to the store. That game is now useless. Nobody else can rent it but you!

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm sceptical that they can "backpedal" out of this that easily, if the fact that the game disc is only for installation is true. There would have to be some limitation on how many times you can install a game using a disc and/or be allowed to play that installed game. It would have to be some major overhaul to how the hardware works within the next few months if Microsoft wants to "backpedal" now in response to the consumer reaction.

I'm sceptical that they can "backpedal" out of this that easily, if the fact that the game disc is only for installation is true. There would have to be some limitation on how many times you can install a game using a disc and/or be allowed to play that installed game. It would have to be some major overhaul to how the hardware works within the next few months if Microsoft wants to "backpedal" now in response to the consumer reaction.

Well I'm not sure how feasible this is, but I did have a small possibly jokey suspicion that MS actually planned for this or had a backup for this all along.

• Thumbs Up 1

As humorous as it would be to believe that Microsoft planned this from the start, it's highly unlikely that they would do what amounts to focus groups on a massive scale when they want to launch the console less than a year from now. Although it does very likely that Microsoft did little to no focus testing given that their pushing for more TV features on a gaming console. I don't think you could bring in a bunch of gamers in for a focus group and have them all unanimously say we need more TV features.

Netflicks

People still use the DVD option of Netflix..? lol

Makes me wonder if Microsoft is getting input from third parties. If you guys remember, we always hear from Square, EA, Activision, etc about how used games are killing the publishers as they don't get money from it. Hmmm