Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Well, at this rate, it'll shut down indefinitely and you'll be required to pay the full price of a new console in order to be given permission to use it again.

See, they aren't totally against backwards compatibility. Microsoft is just streamlining the Red Ring experience for the next generation.

I must be the only one here who's going to keep an open mind and wait for E3 to see the games, the most important thing for a gamer. The fact they said they have 15 exclusive games, with 8 of them being all new IPs, planned has me excited. The conference was boring, minus Forza and COD: Ghosts, and full of uninteresting TV and sports shit, yeah, but I'm still going to wait to see the games before I shrug this system off. 

I understand there are a few negative things going around the net right now about pre-owned games and the console requiring an internet connection, too, but personally, this stuff doesn't affect me. I do understand it affects others, though, and needs addressing. Hopefully we'll get some clarification at E3 and they won't be a problem, or at least won't be as bad as they sound right now. 

tld;dr:

I'm on the fence until we see all of the games at E3 and get full details and clarification on the negative reports. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I must be the only one here who's going to keep an open mind and wait for E3 to see the games, the most important thing for a gamer. The fact they said they have 15 exclusive games, with 8 of them being all new IPS, planned has me excited. The conference was boring, minus Forza and COD: Ghosts, and full of uninteresting TV and sports shit, yeah, but I'm still going to wait to see the games before I shrug this system off. 

I understand there are a few negative things going around the net right now about pre-owned games and the console requiring an internet connection, too, but personally, this stuff doesn't affect me. I do understand it affects others, though, and needs addressing. Hopefully we'll get some clarification at E3 and they won't be a problem, or at least as bad as they sound right now. 

tld;dr:

I'm on the fence until we see all of the games at E3 and get full details and clarification on the negative reports. 

I'm kind of in the same boat man. I really like the console as a piece of hardware, and I like the idea of the games being shown at e3 and I am eager to see them. I admit the negative reports have me kind of worried, but not really so much for my sake but for others as most of it doesn't really interfere with my experience as I'll probably be the only one using my Xbox in the first place. Like you though, I know it does affect others and I hope they get clarified and/or they change their mind so hard on some things and change it for the better. Some of the business practices do sound a little slimy, but its not enough to sway me away. Eager to see what games are coming though I know even if I don't get one right away, down the road I'm sure I'll be picking one up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys. What we all need to know is this:

If the Pizza Hut app is there, we'll all end up getting it regardless. Admit it guys.:/

042313-pizzahut1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh God...then this means that behind the scene, Wesker is the real CEO of Sony and achieved what he desired D:

Guys. What we all need to know is this:

If the Pizza Hut app is there, we'll all end up getting it regardless. Admit it guys.:/

042313-pizzahut1.jpg

Nah, I'll waiting for the Papa John's App coming soon. lol

Anybody? happy.png

Edited by CSW

Oh God...then this means that behind the scene, Wesker is the real CEO of Sony and achieved what he desired D:

w8peGUI.jpg

"Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you"

*then the game pings the servers for Online DRM

• Thumbs Up 3

Has anyone posted about this? 

http://gematsu.com/2013/05/microsoft-registers-xbox-fitness-kinect-one-domains

Well there you have your 1st exclusive of the 15.

I expect that 4 of them are Kinect exclusives.

Also one is Quantum Break and the other is Forza right?

That could very well be an app, not a game. 

Yeah but i don't see it happening personally.

Ryse is also one them i think.

Also i guess Forza and Quantum Break is two of them right?

Not really related but didn't EA said recently that they won't make any games for the Wii U? 

Well guess what...they said that they will now. lol

Isn't that Crytek game, Ryse, one of the exclusives?

Yep.

• Ryse
  • Halo 5
  • New Rare IP*
  • New Crackdown*
  • "Historic" Rare IP
  • Kinect Game(s)
  • Quantum Break
  • Forza Motorsport 5
That's at least 8 exclusives we already know of. Simply put, I'm not excited. We all knew how Nintendo bragged about showing at least 20 games on their conference last year. Look how that happened.

* = Based off of UI screencap.

Knowing Microsoft, they're very well going to consider this an exclusive "game". It's clear from the title that it's probably going to capitalize on the Wii Fit fad.

Wait, Crackdown 3 is an M$ exclusive now? Lol, lame...then again Crackdown 2 was a let down.

Would be very surprised if a next-gen Gears of War wasn't announced.

Having 3 Gears of War games in the space of three years though.. their success will continue to drop if Judgement was any indication.

EDIT: I thought Crackdown was always MS exclusive?

Edited by SuperLink

Wouldn't all of them be Kinect games by default? As the console won't even run without it plugged and working, lol

I'm expecting at least two or three third party exclusives (timed or otherwise) like the new Respawn game which is heavily rumored already.

And obviously XBLA games to launch with the system (that aren't really lesser games for being digital, mind you).

EDIT: I thought Crackdown was always MS exclusive?

Yes, they own the IP. 2 was developed by a different studio tho.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Xbox One won't be compatible with current gaming headsets.

While it's possible that either Microsoft or third-party makers could develop an adapter to offer backwards compatibility, we're told that the new port is part of a larger strategy to gain control over the accessory market. Manufacturers will not only need to develop entirely new products for the new connection standard, but use licensing and authentication protocols from Microsoft, potentially driving up costs for consumers.

...well, DAMN.

Won't be compatible with anything on the 360. Fanatec, who made the several hundred dollar racing wheels for Forza, have pulled a couple of them off the market in response so people don't buy them on the idea that they work with the Xbone.

Won't be compatible with anything on the 360. Fanatec, who made the several hundred dollar racing wheels for Forza, have pulled a couple of them off the market in response so people don't buy them on the idea that they work with the Xbone.

Wait.. so the Xbox One claims to streamline everything into one machine.

except your xbox 360 & accesories

Edited by Autosaver

Wait.. so the Xbox One claims to streamline everything into one machine.

except your xbox 360 & accesories

ibwOJ2H8vjQfOe.gif