Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

It honestly doesn't look that much bigger than the original 360 laid down on its side.

I hope so. It just looked really big in that one conference shot where that guy was talking to the other guy, but I could be wrong.

It also looks smaller now that we see the main board and something to use as reference (in this case the guy).

More like XBOX ONE DIRECTION

...to utter and complete disaster.

Edited by AdventChild

I only stand the Wii and Wii U upright. Something about the other 2 makes me feel real uneasy, they just don't look like they're meant to do it.

To be fair, both the Wii and Wii U come with stands to make it stand vertical.

People use the Wii stand? I lost mine literally a month after I bought my Wii.

That motherboard looks like a standard PC motherboard. I'm surprised there aren't just 2 Corsair DDR3 sticks jutting out of it.

Can't say I dig the Xbone's design.  The way it does a sort of "half and half" on the front and top and the simple box shape makes it look really bulky.  The 360 Slim was sleek and... er slim with subtle curves and indents to give it a vague "X" shape; it looks really cool and runs well to boot.  The vents and shit serve a purpose to be sure, but I hope in the future we get a slim model that actually looks like something I'd want in my living room.

I do have to wonder how "VCR/DVD player design that guarantees people will stack things on it + Top mounted exhaust fan + Casual target market" will pan out.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's apparently smaller than an og ps3 and slightly bigger than a 360
is there a source for this,or is it just a guess? Just curious.

A guy worked it out from the shot of the side with a usb port. Then by comparing that side to the rest

There just desperate for positive criticism if they are actually using sarcastic tweets to market their products.

People use the Wii stand? I lost mine literally a month after I bought my Wii.

My Wii never left its stand. Now for the Wii U, it actually comes with attachable legs rather than a stand.

There just desperate for positive criticism if they are actually using sarcastic tweets to market their products.

Not really desperate, rather "complete failure to understand the concept of sarcasm." I'm sure there's plenty of tweets from biased Xbox fanboys with actual approval for the console. Which makes this misfire all the more hillarious.

Either way that Tweet they chose is fucking ridiculous. " I was to lazy to use my tv. NOW THE XBOX ONE CAN MAKE ME LAZIER!:D"

My cats leave 'em be for some reason, unless the consoles are lying down. That said, my cats would LOVE the Xbox One. Those huge vents releasing hot air? They'd never get off it. Xbox One, buy it for your cats.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 6

My Wii barely ever left its stand in all of 6-7 years.

I have cats.

If I placed any of my consoles upright, I'll fucking regret it five minutes afterwards.

My partner's cats actually never touched it despite it being placed near the edge of a short table. It's the WIRES one of them seemed addicted to. Was a nightmare getting out mics and such since he seemed to take it as playtime and he would often claw/bite the rubber ends of my whammy bar in the night. :(

We hid most peripherals in a box.

My cats leave 'em be for some reason, unless the consoles are lying down. That said, my cats would LOVE the Xbox One. Those huge vents releasing hot air? They'd never get off it. Xbox One, buy it for your cats.

catonaboxfinal.jpg

I am so sorry, I couldn't resist making this XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Optical Drive

All have blue-ray

The Wii U doesn't have a Blu-Ray drive.

It has a Blu Ray drive with movie playback disabled.

Huh. Didn't know that.

When I checked the specs on Wikipedia (lol) it said it was an optical drive. :/

Nintendo always makes one slight change that somehow makes it so they don't have to pay royalties, even though it's actually fully capable of video playback. The Wii used an "Optical Drive" too, which was just a slightly different DVD drive that had DVD movie reading shut off in firmware.

Put this in the rumor mill for now:

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-spent-400-million-on-nfl-partnership--254332.phtml

So, Microsoft could have spent up to 400 million dollars just for that NFL app. That no one outside of the US will give a shit about. Hell, there are plenty in the US who won't care about it either.