Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

It's Greenland, not Antarctica, lol.

Well no, but I'm pretty sure there's not a large population up there even though the country itself is huge. XP

Edit: Oh wut now it's blue!

15 new exclusives. Wow, that's impressive. So, someone fill me in on why this conference was bad? I watched it... and I guess I was too dense to pick up on the bad parts.

15 exclusive titles were confirmed but we saw a grand total of two of them. Forza 5, while great, doesn't really have that broad of an appeal. Quantum Breaker seemed vaguely interesting but I still can't for the life of me make out what the fuck it is exactly.

The rest of the presentation was just various executives hammering the ALL IN ONE ENTERTAINMENT HUB point in ad nauseum. There was little to nothing shown that actual appeals to the gamer and the appeal of an all in one entertainment device that will dominate your living room is kind of lost on said demographic.

This is completely ignoring the incredibly confusing and off putting information being spread about in interviews about used game fees and the requirement of internet connections.

Well in regards to these new exclusives, we don't exactly have any info regarding them. They could be large scale releases, or simple puzzle games for XBLA.

This should answer any other questions as to why the reveal was received negatively.

Wouldn't it make sense to save the games for E3? Nintendo & Sony are going to show their big guns at E3 so I just figured that Microsoft was teasing the games.

Most of the bad parts Microsoft tried to bury in press releases and interviews after the conference.

Did we actually lose the bad parts of the conference?

Edited by lLuckySeven

Warning: read the whole thing before you comment.

Before i share what i think about the xbox one( formally the xbox 720) I have to say that of all the things to name your console, You had to name it the xbox one?  Ok now back to the matter at hand, This may have been one of the worst reveal to a console i've personally seen in years. There is literally no reason the get this thing whatsoever. Here are some reason this console and conference fail. 

You are forced to be online at least once a day just to play your games offline otherwise. You can let a friend borrow a game since you'll have to pay a fee to play it on your friends xbox one, Basically there will be no used games. No backwards compatibility whatsoever with 360 games. Little to no games were shown at the conference. The kinect is still to be a priority to microsoft despite most people don't like it.

One thing i also noticed about this console is you are required to install the games like you would a pc game, Why would you require someone to enter a key and install and game on a console. But unlike the pc, you cant install the xbox one games multiple times( once you install it, its useless unless you pay a fee). Thankfully most people can clearly see the xbox one is a ripoff and are not buying it(sony and nintendo's stocks went up after this conference, no joke).

Now i know theres going to be someone who'll disagree with what i have to say but just say it, I like to debate. I'd like to know what do you guys think about the xbox one and everything revealed about it?
Edited by segasage

15 new exclusives.

And how many of those aren't Kinect shit outside of the 3 usual franchises (Halo, Forza and Gears)?

Console wars really are pointless at this point. :lol:

Did we actually lose the bad parts of the conference?

What's the difference between the 'bad parts' and the 'whole thing'? Aren't they the same thing?

Console wars really are pointless at this point. laugh.png

Yeah, we all know that it's pointless to fight over if the Wii-U or PS4 is better.

And of course fighting if the Xbox One is better then both is even more pointless because..................we know it's just not. 

Now i know theres going to be someone who'll disagree with what i have to say but just say it, I like to debate. I'd like to know what do you guys think about the xbox one and everything revealed about it?

Honestly dude, no one is going to disagree with you :P sorry to disappoint!

Warning: read the whole thing before you comment.

Before i share what i think about the xbox one( formally the xbox 720) I have to say that of all the things to name your console, You had to name it the xbox one?  Ok now back to the matter at hand, This may have been one of the worst reveal to a console i've personally seen in years. There is literally no reason the get this thing whatsoever. Here are some reason this console and conference fail. 

You are forced to be online at least once a day just to play your games offline otherwise. You can let a friend borrow a game since you'll have to pay a fee to play it on your friends xbox one, Basically there will be no used games. No backwards compatibility whatsoever with 360 games. Little to no games were shown at the conference. The kinect is still to be a priority to microsoft despite most people don't like it.

One thing i also noticed about this console is you are required to install the games like you would a pc game, Why would you require someone to enter a key and install and game on a console. But unlike the pc, you cant install the xbox one games multiple times( once you install it, its useless unless you pay a fee). Thankfully most people can clearly see the xbox one is a ripoff and are not buying it(sony and nintendo's stocks went up after this conference, no joke).

Ohhhh... Ok I get it. Now I can see why people would be angry with it. People are angry because Microsoft didn't give answers to some of the more important topics. (Always online, used games, functionality, etc) Yeah, i'd like to know more about it too.

And how many of those aren't Kinect shit outside of the 3 usual franchises (Halo, Forza and Gears)?

Most likely not the majority!

Idea: Play an online multiplayer game... during it yell out "XBOX OFF" lol as half the lobby suddenly quits.

Hmm... online trolling in the next gen.

From a friend of mine down in Latin America...

I'm surprised no-one has kicked up a fuss about the lack of support for non-HDTVs. Not a huge problem in first world countries but here in Latin America for example that will be a big deal. There's an internet cafe close to my apartment chock full of SDTVs and 360s (maybe 50 of them), and teenagers playing them every night. My girlfriend's nephew (who's about 15) plays his PS3 on an SDTV also. 

Fuck poor people, basically. Not that Microsoft seem to give a fuck about anyone outside of the United States anyway, mind.

Microsoft appears to be making huge assumptions about what consumers will and won't swallow over the next 5-8 years, and it's probably going to backfire oh so badly. I can see Sony dominating again, with Nintendo following up in second place and Microsoft lagging further and further behind after a mediocre start.

• Thumbs Up 7

Has it been confirmed or deconfirmed that the Xbox One controller will have face recognition? I thought it was a rumor,but I don't know.... That aside, I was looking around the web at comments on this, and I'm still surprised a lot of the defenders don't actually bring up reasons for why its good, and instead just say the problems are small and can be ignored. Oh and that the haters are overexagerrating. I mean one actually used the "it's 2013 everyone should have Internet" argument. Ugh...

Idea: Play an online multiplayer game... during it yell out "XBOX OFF" lol as half the lobby suddenly quits.

OH MY GOD YES SO MUCH THIS

Also, it will make it easier for parents to discipline their misbehaving children who have spent too much time on the Xbox One (though why you'd wanna spend your time with it, I have no idea... DUDEBRO DO U EVEN LIFT?)

Just that one simple command and the Xbox turns off. No fighting to get to the power button or the plug socket, just a short, sweet, and smug command.

Which will probably also result in lots of domestic violence and angry children raging against their parents.

YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO TO FAMILIES, MICROSOFT?! WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN... AND THE ADULTS THEY'RE GOING TO REBEL AT!

• Thumbs Up 1

So more news agencies are reportin on how people watching the stream with Kinect plugged in discovered that each time they said XBOX *do something* it was crashing the stream...

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353010/kinect-trouble-xbox-one-reveal

This is too funny.

So what happens when you don't connect your Xbox to the internet after 24 hours? I'm going to assume it locks up or... you need an offline pass?

Not quite.

Blueland_zpsb5719865.png

Now it's fixed.

Sony must be a fan of imperialism.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what happens when you don't connect your Xbox to the internet after 24 hours? I'm going to assume it locks up or... you need an offline pass?
microsoft will kill you and take your wallet.

Well, at this rate, it'll shut down indefinitely and you'll be required to pay the full price of a new console in order to be given permission to use it again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fucking Zimbabwe voted for the PS4? Holy shit, I can't be the only way that sees the irony.