Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

It could go either way. The games end up being brilliant like the ones made by the original Rare creators/developers, orrrr it's going to be crap. I certainly hope we get our Banjo Threeie and not Banjo Kazooie Sports. >>

• Thumbs Up 3

It would be neat if Rare will revive things like Blinx, who was originally supposed to be the Xbox main mascot before Master Chief.

About time they've finally dumped the Kinect, six years of the company exclusively tinkering with the device with only three games to show for it is enough. Though judging these quotes the interviewer gave...

"The notion that there's a game that came out ten years ago and we're just going to remake the game again in HD, we won't go and throw the studio at that.

"If it's an old IP for a new idea we had that we can show on a new platform in an interesting way, then of course we go look at it.

"Rather than going, 'Hey, I loved playing GoldenEye, we should make a multiplayer shooter because that's what I love playing'. We've got to be a little more future thinking with that."

...I'm honestly not too hopeful that we'll be getting any sequels to classic IPs because he seems dead set on not revisiting them unless they can put a new spin of them--the last time Rare did something like that, we got BK:N&B, which turned them into the Microsoft Kinect Game Studios model they were for the last six years--so maybe it's for the best they work on new IPs.

Time to see if the Xbox One sells more than 20 consoles in Japan.

It's going to be a struggle, that's why they haven't bothered to release it in Japan. I doubt they've got much invested in that territory. 

Time to see if the Xbox One sells more than 20 consoles in Japan.

If there is a fighting game base there, chances are there could be some sales for Killer Instinct.

The thing i fear the most is that there could be japanese companies that will develop good titles only on the Xbox One just to boost the sales of the console (Capcom already did that with Dead Rising 3 for example, despite the whole "westernization" thing).

If there is a fighting game base there, chances are there could be some sales for Killer Instinct.

The thing i fear the most is that there could be japanese companies that will develop good titles only on the Xbox One just to boost the sales of the console (Capcom already did that with Dead Rising 3 for example, despite the whole "westernization" thing).

There is, but its mainly on Arcade cabinets and the Playstation 3.

I think that will only happen if Microsoft is involved and throws them a bone. Sales aren't going to be too favorable even if they get a few exclusive games (that are more than likely timed exclusive if history repeats itself: Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

China will grow larger!

Xbox One to launch in China.

A senior executive with Microsoft Corporation said that the company is stepping up efforts to bring in its multi-purpose Xbox game console to the Chinese market as soon as possible, domestic news portal qq.com reported Sunday.

During a two-day China (Shenzhen) IT Summit that began Saturday, Zhang Yaqin, global vice president of the US software giant, was quoted as saying that much progress in technologies and content has been achieved and the company expects to launch the Xbox in China soon.

Foreign game console makers have been eyeing China's huge gaming industry for a long time.

A January report by Beijing-based market research firm Analysys International showed that total sales in China's gaming market reached 84.2 billion yuan ($13.6 billion) in 2013, predicting the number will increase to 109.3 billion yuan in 2014.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/851724.shtml#.Uzk14_mSzHU

Megaton

2014-04-01_22-45-35.jpg

Xbox One has effectively been given access to Windows Apps. All of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I can edit my term papers on an Xbox One?

What a time to be alive.

Whoa... it can even run programs like Photoshop now?

I'm not sure whether it means just Windows apps or other apps as well. I'd assume companies like Adobe are given an option to do so if they want to.

Whoa... it can even run programs like Photoshop now?

The app must be in the Windows Store available to download. Any app from the store can be run on XONE.
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's a hell of a lot more of a push than Sony ever gave with the limp wristed Linux support on the PS3. They might sell consoles on that alone.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Uh huh. Guess the overblown hype for Titanfall didn't work out so well after all.

If Microsoft could just announce a bloody Kinect-less Xbone at E3 they might actually sell a lot more consoles. >_>