Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

I don't think they can. One of the prime features of getting XONE is the Kinect.

But XONE is doing fine anyway, it's certainly edging close to beating Wii U already...

Microsoft doesn't really care as long XONE is healthy and it is...

If Microsoft could just announce a bloody Kinect-less Xbone at E3 they might actually sell a lot more consoles. >_>

Oh they won't. They're adamant that it's the future and that they are right, they've also said that the console is meant to be used with it. If you can buy it without it they'll look stupid.

It's basically the same thing about a GamePad less Wii U. PS4 WAS going to have the Camera included but took it out to decrease the price, but then again that was more optional.

And just like with the Wii U, they'd be smart to kill the gimmick and cut the price. We'll have a Kinect-less SKU by next Christmas. Count on it.

In other news, PS4 outsold XB1 last month. Same month as Titanfall's release. That's a big deal.

And just like with the Wii U, they'd be smart to kill the gimmick and cut the price. We'll have a Kinect-less SKU by next Christmas. Count on it.

In other news, PS4 outsold XB1 last month. Same month as Titanfall's release. That's a big deal.

They also announced 5 million shipped instead of sold through. Do we have a reference on exactly how many Ones stick around on the shelf, or is it it one of those "it will forever be a mystery" type of deals?

There's even less of a reason to remove Kinect from the Xbone than there is to remove the controller from the Wii U. The Xbone is actually selling, even if less than the PS4; and if Microsoft felt they needed to lower the price they would far more likely just eat the cost (which is undoubtedly less than $100 anyway) rather than about face on Kinect being included and make the entire venture pointless.

• Thumbs Up 2

PS4 WAS going to have the Camera included but took it out to decrease the price

According to who?

There's even less of a reason to remove Kinect from the Xbone than there is to remove the controller from the Wii U. The Xbone is actually selling, even if less than the PS4; and if Microsoft felt they needed to lower the price they would far more likely just eat the cost (which is undoubtedly less than $100 anyway) rather than about face on Kinect being included and make the entire venture pointless.

Welp, guess I'm in the minority then who couldn't care less about NEXT GEN hand waving and voice commands. It's not for me. =/

Not to mention voice commands aren't usually that good in games anyway. I watched Jesse Cox's playthrough of Ryse (one of the most boring games I've ever seen btw) and every time he shouted "Fire!" in game, the character in game says it but slightly different, something like "Fire the arrows, now!" So what's the point of adding voice commands? To me, it's just a pointless gimmick.

Assure me that the DRM crap is gone for good, and maybe I'll think about getting one. Maybe.

As it stands, I really don't trust the thing. Because it's not impossible they may bring back the DRM crap, I don't even want to touch one right now.

Yes, I'm paranoid. Maybe too much for my own good.

• Thumbs Up 3

Assure me that the DRM crap is gone for good, and maybe I'll think about getting one. Maybe.

As it stands, I really don't trust the thing. Because it's not impossible they may bring back the DRM crap, I don't even want to touch one right now.

I don't blame you. Because as I said last year, Microsoft can easily put back the DRM stuff if they want to. According to their terms and conditions they can change it anytime.

According to who?

I'm on my phone right now so I can't get a link, but I remember a Sony executive saying something along those lines last year.

Assure me that the DRM crap is gone for good, and maybe I'll think about getting one. Maybe.

They're not going to try to add that shit back now that they know how much backlash it would cause. That fiasco cost them huge market share in their two largest territories. The Xbox division is on thin ice within MS already, they can't afford that.

Honestly, I think if the XB1 gets soundly beaten by PS4 in the end, it might be the last MS console. If more and more former 360 owners switch to Playstation, the loss in revenue from game licensing and Live subscriptions could be devastating.

According to who?

SCE president Andrew Hussie confirmed it himself.

Back in June, IGN reported comments from multiple sources stating the Eye camera was left out of PlayStation 4 bundles in order to compete with the Xbox One on price. During an interview with Business Spectator (via Engadget), Sony confirmed the company tried to include the camera in the $400 bundle, but ultimately couldn't afford more loss.

"Certainly for the earlier part of the lifecycle, the vast majority of the audience that we speak to tells us that their primary wish is for the full controller interface and there's not necessarily a huge emphasis being placed on camera interaction," said Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House.

Undoubtedly, one of the biggest divisions between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is price. Microsoft decided to push the Kinect as a packed-in piece of tech in its $500 Xbox One launch, while Sony's Masayasu Ito claims $400 is the "magic price" for the PlayStation 4. Sony's next-gen console is allegedly already selling at a $60 loss per unit.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/09/sony-playstation-4-eye-camera-removed-from-bundle-over-price

That's great that the Xbone is selling that much... but I'm still not getting it. :/

I won't get it until all of the DRM shit is kaput. I'm not holding my breath for that though...

... But it is.

All logical analyses of the situation suggest that it is not something to worry about. Everything they've done in the past year has been a total backtrack from the DRM stuff. It'd make just as much to not buy a Wii U in fear of it. It's not coming back.

... But it is.

No it's not gone. Merely been disabled by an added on update, still present albeit dormant within the system, and all quite capable of returning. I don't trust that door-stopper of a box anymore than Cream without Cheese could throw it one bit.

No it's not gone. Merely been disabled by an added on update, still present albeit dormant within the system, and all quite capable of returning. I don't trust that door-stopper of a box anymore than Cream without Cheese could throw it one bit.

There is also the potential threat that when/if they make a successor, they could reactivate it and slowly shut down all games and services till everyone has to move to the next one and cant play on it at all

Want to bet on it?

Want to bet on it?

You mean like that bet where you had to change your name when the Wii U still stayed ahead of the Xbone in sales by a certain date?

You mean like that bet where you had to change your name when the Wii U still stayed ahead of the Xbone in sales by a certain date?

Yes actually, that Wii U would be last when at the end of the fiscal year, when we have official reports on each one. Still waiting on that data.

Do you really think they'll put the DRM back?