Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

An optical drive is cheap for Microsoft. How does that cut $100 off the price tag?

Prolly cause it's BluRay, which has gotten cheaper quickly but not cheap enough for Microsoft to slap everywhere (especially since it's not their tech)

Bluray drives are kind of cheap(er) though. Microsoft probably gets a sick discount for mass production of them too.

Licensing might add a couple dollars but it still doesn't add nearly enough to $100.

I would normally be all over the idea of a 399 XB1 but.......remove the fucking Kinect instead of the dammed disk drive. The Kinect's about 1000 times more expendable. 

Microsoft: Wii cannot do that! Wii have sunk too much Doh into this box of mechanical genius to ditch it. You'll just have to deal with it.

P.S. MOVE on.

Oh that is just dumb, Microsoft will do no such thing if they want any shred of reputation to survive this year. a No-Disc drive version of any console just doesn't work yet, look at the PSPGO!.

We are not there yet, were not going to be there for another 10 years. quit trying to rush things Microsoft let disc and digital live side by side for now.

But fuck if I'm not going to be heartbroken when we move to complete digital, gaming just wont be the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

An optical drive is cheap for Microsoft. How does that cut $100 off the price tag?

Forces people to buy things off their digital store and get into their online ecosystem from where they get higher profit margins.

Omfg Microsoft why you so stubborn?! The moment you actually get rid of that facking Kinect I might actually consider buying an Xbone but NOOOO.

Also, getting rid of the optical disc is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. No way in hell would Microsoft dare to do that.

So a verified insider has just decided to leak more or less every big announcement regarding Xbox One for the year.

"No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly."

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

That's gospel truth, not a big announcement. Even before MS changed Rare to RINO, the developer was tight-lipped about most projects they worked on.

The Kinect really isn't that bad, especially with the voice commands. As for the PSPGo, it failed because it cost more and launched with few games. Phones are download only, and nobody cares.

Damn that's fighting dirty.

I also can't see digital only becoming successful anytime soon. The grand majority of gamers still buy physical games. Sure digital is getting more popular but it's nowhere near popular enough to replace physical games when we still had tons of people at launch wondering why they couldn't play their Xbox One because they didn't do the day 1 update.

When such a huge amount of people still don't use a console's online features at all let alone regularly, expecting digital-only to be anywhere near as successful as physical is not smart.

(also consoles are not PCs, they have different audiences, if you have Steam at all chances are you use the internet lol, the same can't be said for every gamer who owns a console)

Are you surprised? Nearly every store around me does this. Trade in your old system  for a new next gen one for a bonus trade in credit.

Also, in America, retail PC games are dead.

Yeah no fuck you Microsoft. If I had a PS3 I wouldn't ditch it for a One. 

But it makes perfect sense. PS3 owners are accustomed to subpar multiplatform games, so they'd feel right at home on Xbone.

How on Earth does that make any sense?

Who is coming to trade in a console with a vast, diverse library of games and larger install base for a console lacking in these by comparison, and which has had a shaky reception at best? Not only that - the $100 off the Xbox One price tag only brings it down to the same price as the PS4, a console which is still more powerful and chances are that if any given player invested a reasonable amount of time and money in the PlayStation ecosystem, then they would probably still benefit more from purchasing the PS4 anyway, even if they felt the need to upgrade to a next-gen console.

Unless I'm missing something, this just doesn't seem like a smart move...and in fact it might cause more harm than good as the public might interpret such a move as desperation on Microsoft's part.

Aren't second hand PS3's worth a lot more than $100? Thats around £60-£70 isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 2

w3CFKY5.jpg

....NEVER.

Yeah so, wheres this from? an email? site? ad?

How come I'm the only one asking this? really guys, we seen some good XBO ad fakes how about asking these questions before believing its real.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah so, wheres this from? an email? site? ad?

How come I'm the only one asking this? really guys, we seen some good XBO ad fakes how about asking these questions before believing its real.

This came from an e-mail.

KlmtKj4.png

The website: http://content.microsoftstore.com/offers

MORE LEAKS!

Platinum Games title.

You fucking guys.

PLATINUM GAMES

Project Nagano

March 2016

Tons of Halo stuff.

Halo 2 HD

Halo 3 Port
Halo 4 Port
Halo 5

In the span of one year.

Don't forget two live action series too!

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

Sunset Overdrive

Sunset Overdrive is set in some weird fucking future (like 2020)

Everyone drinks this fucking drink, Overcharge XT or whatever and you either turn into one of these giganto monsters or you die.

This big corp (Microsoft, lol) takes control of the city trying to wipe this shit out, because its their drink and they fucked up.

Supposedly there is managed content that will be developed for an entire year, as it is an open/breathable world.

I only know that there will be a map pack, $15. (such surprise.)

Titanfall Xbox Bundle

AVDmdJz.png