Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

All of this news definitely has me sold. I look forward to seeing what Platinum has in store, if it's true. Just got to save up enough money for the console now and hope they put one out with a bigger hard drive soon.

Last time I checked w101 sold poorly...they'd rather be "moneyhatted" for one console that more people own and buy games for.

If you're a third party developer reliant on an array of publishers then chances are you get paid for simply making the game, so TW101 bombing isn't really a problem for Platinum. They already got that sweet Nintendo cash. They'll make games for whoever will pay them to make those games.

Now whether Nintendo will want to have Platinum on board again if their games aren't selling that is an entirely different story.

All of this news definitely has me sold. I look forward to seeing what Platinum has in store, if it's true. Just got to save up enough money for the console now and hope they put one out with a bigger hard drive soon.

I wouldn't slap down the pre-order just yet, there's a few things about the titanfall thing which looks suspect, and the Halo stuff sounds insane. But everything else sounds reasonable.

If you're a third party developer reliant on an array of publishers then chances are you get paid for simply making the game, so TW101 bombing isn't really a problem for Platinum. They already got that sweet Nintendo cash.

Now whether Nintendo will want to have Platinum on board again is an entirely different story.

Yet at the same time, publishers reward developers with games that sell and have higher metacritic scores. Just look at Obsidian and new vegas. They missed the target Metacritic score....by one point, and lost a ton of money.

I wouldn't slap down the pre-order just yet, there's a few things about the titanfall thing which looks suspect, and the Halo stuff sounds insane. But everything else sounds reasonable.

I'm not too fussed about Titanfall and can't afford the console for at least a few months yet anyway :P

Yet at the same time, publishers reward developers with games that sell and have higher metacritic scores. Just look at Obsidian and new vegas. They missed the target Metacritic score....by one point, and lost a ton of money.

Certain publishers will do that. Scummy publishers especially.

Not sure that Nintendo would be one of them, or Microsoft for that matter. The latter seems more likely to do so than the former since Japanese business operates rather differently, and I'm not sure whether Metacritic is important for that region.

I love Regular Show as much as the next person, but video replies to posts are frowned upon as spam. Send people you agree with wholeheartedly a Like instead. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

Because they actually want to sell games?

If we're going with that logic, Sony would be the best place for them. Highest-selling current console on the market right now. 

*looks at Microsoft everywhere else*

If we're going with that logic, Sony would be the best place for them. Highest-selling current console on the market right now. 

They're both doing pretty well. Just because it's not the hottest shit on the market doesn't mean third-parties can't profit from it.

I love Regular Show as much as the next person, but video replies to posts are frowned upon as spam. Send people you agree with wholeheartedly a Like instead. xP

Oops, I actually meant to add my thoughts on the subject below the video, but I didn't realise until now that I didn't write it down. Sorry about that, I've added it into the post now. :) I might need to slow down a bit with my posts in the future...

On the subject of the rumoured disk drive-less console, I can't see that ending well, even with a 1TB hard drive. Let's say the average Xbox One game is 50GB, that would mean you could have 20 games on the hard drive. That, and you need internet to download the games, and that would depend on your download limit if you have one.

• Thumbs Up 1

This came from an e-mail.

KlmtKj4.png

The website: http://content.microsoftstore.com/offers

Well, wouldn't have hurt to put that information in your post to begin with. Just want some sources is all, I just found a convincing mock-up this morning that proves my point.

MORE LEAKS!

Tons of Halo stuff.

First off, what NeoGAF topic is this coming from?

Second, I'm going to use that Halo topic that everybody seems to forget we have to respond to those halo rumors. we seem to be using this topic to talk about all Xbox games even if they have their own topics.

First off, what NeoGAF topic is this coming from?

Second, I'm going to use that Halo topic that everybody seems to forget we have to respond to those halo rumors. we seem to be using this topic to talk about all Xbox games even if they have their own topics.

The one that I quoted too on a previous page with all the other stuff from last nights spillage.

The one that I quoted too on a previous page with all the other stuff from last nights spillage.

Alright, I know theres 2 topics their thats both leaking XBO info. its hard keeping up with both.

Honestly I just gotta take these rumors with a grain of salt, some sound completely fucking awesome and others make me want to beat the nearest Microsoft rep. in the head. I know its all coming from inside sources that have good standing history with 'GAF but still anything can change. just hope that War Collection and the Discless XBO arn't true.

w3CFKY5.jpg

....NEVER.

Every PS3 owner's reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=97du1N7Znb0

• Thumbs Up 1

The DRM crap may be gone, but it seems like it wouldn't be hard to bring back, so the removal of the disk drive isn't something I would put past Microsoft.

If you can find a cheap PS3, you might be able to take advantage of that deal and score. Hey, it didn't say "WORKING" PS3 so you could probably dump a broken one.

Actually Autosaver, the PS3 must be in full working order to get the store credit. It's in the T&C.

Im not an expert, but I'm pretty sure a fully functional used PS3 would be worth at least a bit more than 100 dollars, I'd say either 150 or 200 at the most, so yeah, MS is pretty much asking for you to sell your console for a pretty low price.

It's like they're trying to copy what SEGA did during the console wars, but failing miserably.

I think all of the leaked stuff is true if this is anything to go by.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447732/microsoft-considering-legal-action-against-xbox-one-leaker/

It says considering, but if Microsoft are tracking someone down for revealing a lot of gaming info, then think what the person who revealed this would be thinking. They'd probably be terrified of revealing their identity as well. Of course, that could be false - making everything false. But if Microsoft wanted to keep the investigation a secret...

I think all of the leaked stuff is true if this is anything to go by.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447732/microsoft-considering-legal-action-against-xbox-one-leaker/

It says considering, but if Microsoft are tracking someone down for revealing a lot of gaming info, then think what the person who revealed this would be thinking. They'd probably be terrified of revealing their identity as well. Of course, that could be false - making everything false. But if Microsoft wanted to keep the investigation a secret...

Wow, so if they are hunting down that guy their must be something to these rumors, usually they either don't comment or just release some PR bull.