Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Your recent comment is strictly at odds with your initial comment. Non-gaming functionality being unacceptable, and non-gaming functionality being acceptable in certain (seemingly arbitrary) amounts, result in two different stances on the matter. In future, you miiiight want to express yourself better, otherwise it might seem as if you are allowing some sort of personal agenda or bias to cloud your judgement and dictate your posting habit. Wouldn't want that now, would we?

Either way, Sony and Nintendo are both guilty of your initial complaint - at least Microsoft is actually trying to market this thing as a multi-media center, so their investment in non-gaming features and functionality is entirely justified. This is also ignoring the fact that games consoles have traditionally been evolving and adopting additional functionality beyond simply playing games for years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Basically what I'm trying to get across is that I don't have a problem with multimedia features in a console, but the focus should always be on games. And to me, having an exclusive sports broadcast is too far from said focus. Hell, I'm happy that I'll be able to stop buying DVD's and switch to Blu-Ray's when my PS4 arrives in March, and I use my 360 as a DVD player all the time. But IMO when you go so far to focus a major pant of your marketing on it and have exclusive broadcasts the focus is wrong. I like multimedia as a side dish to the main plate of gaming. 

• Thumbs Up 2

They're focusing a major part of their marketing on it because that's what it is and does. Your complaint about their focus being 'off' would be valid is this were purely a matter of a games console being marketed as a games console (to the exclusion of other entertainment mediums), but this is absolutely not the case. It also comes off as somewhat arbitrary - why is an exclusive sports broadcast too far?

The basis of your complaint is rooted in your refusal to acknowledge what this product actually is, and is trying to be. It's fair enough if you don't like it or it's approach, but that doesn't mean the approach is inherently wrong or nonsensical - on the contrary, gaining exclusivity in other mediums of entertainment makes nothing but sense for this particular machine and their strategy.

Services like this are going to become the big differentiating factor between these consoles in the future, since the day of the third party exclusive has long ended.

That's not a bad thing, either.

Alright, I'm getting fucking sick of using the 360 controller to play the Arkham games on my PC because switching gadgets is such a fucking chore with the 360 pad.

How's the dpad on th Xbone controller? I'm considering getting one if it has a responsive one.

Alright, I'm getting fucking sick of using the 360 controller to play the Arkham games on my PC because switching gadgets is such a fucking chore with the 360 pad.

How's the dpad on th Xbone controller? I'm considering getting one if it has a responsive one.

Better. Well, it's hard to imagine someone could make a worse dpad to begin with, but yeah, it's better. But I think drivers haven't been released yet.

Didn't you have a PS3? Xinput Wrapper makes the DS3 emulate the 360 pad, that's what I use when I game on the PC.

I tried DS3 once and it almost ruined my controller.

I was considering just soldering some fucking tact switches onto the contacts, but the lines are way too small for me to solder on.

Maybe I could find someone else who can do it.

If you buy the newer version of the Xbox Controller, it has a better D-Pad.

I use my Wii U Controller and it controls flawlessly.

As noted above, The Xbox One controller unfortunately doesn't work on PC. :C

That being said, it's a lovely controller. Used it myself for the first time a few weeks back to play Forza for a few minutes at a tech store and really liked the feel of it. I'd say it's almost on par with the Dualshock 4 (I still prefer that because of stick placement), but definitely better than the Dualshock 3, which was my previous favorite. That's saying a lot, since I still don't like the feel of the 360 controller. Too damn big/round in my opinion. 

In any case, if you're considering a new controller I'd recommend getting a DS4. There's a really simple program that emulates it as a 360 controller that isn't shady Chinese malware. A member of the PCSX (Playstation emulator) forum wrote it himself. It's been working great for me.

Use a DualShock 4 instead for PC gaming. It's brilliant.

If you buy the newer version of the Xbox Controller, it has a better D-Pad.

I use my Wii U Controller and it controls flawlessly.

I wuold like to use my Wii-U controller, but I still dont know howdry.png

slight problem, I dont think my laptop has bluetooth or if it does I cant seem to find it

I haven't looked at the link, but if it requires bluetooth you might just need to buy a dongle.

So a verified insider has just decided to leak more or less every big announcement regarding Xbox One for the year.

• Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
  • White Xbone incoming.
  • Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
  • Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
  • Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
  • Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
  • Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
  • Is not Phil Spencer
  • Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
  • Fable Legends is Summer 2015
  • Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
  • Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
  • First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
  • No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
  • A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
  • No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
  • $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."
  • White Console plus Sunset Overdrive and a fancy ass controller in October
  • Also a limited edition 1TB box after that in November.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

So a verified insider has just decided to leak more or less every big announcement regarding Xbox One for the year.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

"Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not"

Why is it that whenever there will be a 1080p 60fps game on this system, there's doubt that they can accomplish that? Anyway, a Forza Horizon sequel will be excellent and weather conditions will definitely be a nice plus. DriveClub has it so it's about time Forza does as well.

And the leaks continue....

NEW: Games with Gold on Xbox One starting April. "Sooner rather than later"

NEW: Big OS update in March.
NEW: Bluetooth adapter is coming at some point.

Halo 2 Anniversary sounds rad.

Also, when they say "every big announcement for the year" does that mean new game announcements? I don't buy it but will be interesting.

$399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

Hmm. I wonder how well this will work out...

I would normally be all over the idea of a 399 XB1 but.......remove the fucking Kinect instead of the dammed disk drive. The Kinect's about 1000 times more expendable. 

• Thumbs Up 7