Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Wait...so if those leaks are true then...that all digital Xbone is real. ITS REAL. *headdesk*

Honestly i'd prefer to keep my PS3 without buying an Xbox One any day.

Ditto. Especially when a PS3 is worth much more than a $100!

After that Dead Rising 3 update that was over 13 damn Gigabytes? There's no way in hell I'd ever buy an all digital Xbox One.

Dun dun duuuunnnn.

This definitely puts me off the Xbox One, the uncertain future of the console worries me.

I'm worried for Master Chief. The one thing of Microsoft Xbox gaming I still care for at the moment.

So, since theres no XB360 general topic and I'm betting this would apply to an XBO too I can safely ask this here.

I need your guys' help since the XB forums are down for maintenance for the next 4 days. I'm doing some research into getting an external HDD for the 360 and probably later on for the XBO. but I want personal input from you guys who do use EXHDDs or have heard of good ones that work. I'm not looking for anything big maybe just a 500GB but I need something of quality, something that doesn't have a high fail rate when it comes to using it for the XB360 and XBO. think you guys can give me some suggestions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait...so if those leaks are true then...that all digital Xbone is real. ITS REAL. *headdesk*

Ditto. Especially when a PS3 is worth much more than a $100!

I doubt it still, because what the leaker saw was various different models of XBOs including a all-digital one. if anything it won't come until late into the consoles run when the Next Xbox will be the talk, and by then TB HDDs will be a standard. for now theres no way a digital only XBO would work with the likes of a 13GB patch becoming a new thing and with us only having 500GB starting drives. 

I'm worried for Master Chief. The one thing of Microsoft Xbox gaming I still care for at the moment.

I wouldn't worry, Halo is a very profitiable franchise and even if the worst case senario happens, Halo would still live without the Xbox. Remember even Bungie was planning Nintendo support with halo DS before they lost the franchise and it became 100% microsofts.

Wish you'd come by the Halo topic more, we need more people discussing halo here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: Adam Orth is back but in a postitive way:

Adam Orth Is Turning His Personal Disaster Into A Beautiful Game (Kotaku)

• 2 weeks later...

Some comments from Microsoft about the price cut and bundle announcements.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-24-microsoft-announces-first-xbox-one-price-drop

This is awesome news! I thought I heard a couple talking to a staff member in GAME today about a price cut for something. Must have been this. I still can't afford one yet and there also aren't enough games I'm interested in to warrant the purchase yet, but it's nice to know it'll be £30 cheaper when I do get it. 

Sigh, well bad news.sad.png

Nokia Executive to Take Over Microsoft's Xbox Division Julie Larson-Green to transition to new role after Nokia acquisition closes.
by Scott Lowe
FEBRUARY 24, 2014

Almost a year after Don Mattrick's high-profile exit from Microsoft's Xbox division and theorganizational shake-up that ensued, Microsoft will soon change leadership for its Devices and Services group, which includes Xbox and first-party game development, as well as Surface and Windows Phone hardware.

According to an internal memo posted by Techcrunch, Microsoft's current head of Devices and Services, Julie Larson-Green, will be taking on a new role within the company as Chief Experience Officer of the Applications and Services group. Larson-Green will be replaced by Nokia executive Stephen Elop, who was also at one time a contender for Steve Ballmer's role as CEO. Although Elop's career at Nokia as CEO was marred by significant losses, he was vital to the company's close alignment to Microsoft's Windows Phone efforts and eventual acquisition.

It's worth noting that Elop was also rumored to be in favor of spinning out Microsoft's Xbox business and other products like Bing if deemed nonessential to the company's strategy as part of his CEO bid.

While his appointment will not take effect until Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia closes sometime this spring, Elop and Larson-Green have already begun preparing for the transition.

I dunno, for the most part I would expect Bill Gates (who IIRC was a large proponent in getting the Xbox brand off the ground) to interfere and pull an executive veto if Elop tries to shut down or sell off the brand.

This could go either way, but it's certainly not a good sign when the guy who not only ruined Nokia (he created the N Gage!) but also really doesn't like Xbox is made a leader of the Microsoft gaming division. Wtf was Microsoft thinking??

It's going to be an interesting year for the Xbone, no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeeeeeeah, gonna start re-reading those rumors from the infodump a month back now because theres definately some truth to them:

So That Titanfall Xbox One WAS Real. Sort Of. (Kotaku)

ee6qhmhengjjsep6mfa4.jpg

its the exact same one that was shown off in that design a month back. wow.

Miles better than the Metal Gear Solid V PS4, I'll tell you that.

Metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_ps4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Miles better than the Metal Gear Solid V PS4, I'll tell you that.

Whatchu talkin' bout man, I'll take that sexy ass Fox logo any day. wink.png

Good news for Xbox One? The game will be one of the very first to take advantage of the cloud.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/10/titanfall-cloud-explained/?ncid=rss_truncated

Because Titanfall's advanced AI is handled by the Azure servers, your Xbox's or PC's innards can be used to achieve more detailed graphics and the game's silky-smooth frame rate. The Titan bodyguards, dropships and legions of AI-controlled combatants are essentially free from a processing-power standpoint. Without Redmond's cloud, it's highly likely that Titanfall's six-versus-six player limit would be painfully apparent. Since these features live on remote servers, though, making sure they seamlessly appear in-game is paramount.

Didn't we already know that Titanfall would be making use of the Cloud?

So, Titanfall will be released tomorrow in North America. Let's see if it can live up to the hype.

EDIT: REVIEWS ARE HERE for Titanfall:

EGM- 10/10
GameTrailers- 9.3/10
Vandal- 9.2/10
XboxAchievements- 9/10
Machinima- 9/10
Meristation- 9/10
Gamespot- 9/10
Nowgamer- 9/10
Joystick- 9/10
Metro GameCentral- 9/10
OXM UK- 9/10
AusGamers- 8.7/10
OXM- 8.5/10
US Gamer- 8/10
GamesRader- 8/10
Video Gamer- 8/10

Currently 87 on Metacritic.

You know, if this game wasn't strictly multiplayer I would probably get it since its the one first person shooter that looks interesting to me but I stopped paying microsoft for xbox live a long time ago (have a 360) and I sort of feel it wouldn't be worth paying for again in the long run. Hope everyone enjoys it though.

Good news for Xbox One? The game will be one of the very first to take advantage of the cloud.

Didn't they say this about Forza? I'm confused.

Didn't they say this about Forza? I'm confused.

Forza did take advantage of the cloud, probably more-so than Titanfall is doing. The Drivatar thing was really surreal and awesome... whereas titanfall's AI looks pretty simple by comparison. 

The titanfall thing is nothing special if you've been playing PC games with any kind of server side AI, but I guess microsoft are going to do anything they can to make it seem like their game stands out. 

Edit: Nevermind. Deal's over, lol.

Get an Xbox One with Titanfall for $399 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783363

Link: http://xbox.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbPage.PDPS/Xbox-One-Titanfall-Edition/productID.295570800

Credit goes to a thread I just saw on CAG from user beefdongle (lol). I tried it and it works.

"Didn't see this on the front page. Add the Xbox One Titanfall bundle for $100 off online at the Microsoft Store Website. After adding to cart, use the promo code "1" as in the number.

Worked for me but unfortunately I already bought the bundle so passing this along."

I, too, already have the console. But this is a great deal for however long it lasts.

I did a search, but standing by for deletion...