Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Since many other characters can crawl, I never got why Samus couldn't roll around in Morph Ball form in Brawl.

No seriously, this isn't a Metroid crawling joke.

I guess the whole dodge/ morph ball thing is the only thing they can come up with, while she does have a crawl move in zero suit form which they took from zero mission. -shrugs-

Speaking of pokemon, hope they don't change the Pokemon Trainer in all the confusion, but I doubt it at the same time....

If they don't outright drop him, I think it's likely they're going to give him a different team.

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/347589248561590272

Translated: "The hastag #YouCanDoItSakurai has shown up with a great number of encouraging replies from people overseas. I'm currently hard at work, so I can't really investigate what spurred it, but all I can say now is thanks a lot".

The entire internet is rallying behind him. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 6

So uh guys....how about a uh, Mario Party stage? That could probably be very interesting right?

Whoever rotates the control stick the slowest gets meteor'd by a Piranha Plant.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as I'm concerned, Smash is a celebration of Nintendo history first and fan-pampering second (even if the latter is still admittedly a huge part of it). So if anything, I'm surprised we never saw a Power Bomb as Samus's FS,

She never got the Authorisation for it.

ah Other M jokes, you always write yourselve.

and speaking of Mario Party/Fuck you's in general, how come we never had a Blue Shell Item? Like something that hits the guy with the Most Points/Stock/whatever and damages him alot.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/347589248561590272

Translated: "The hastag #YouCanDoItSakurai has shown up with a great number of encouraging replies from people overseas. I'm currently hard at work, so I can't really investigate what spurred it, but all I can say now is thanks a lot".

The entire internet is rallying behind him. smile.png

So as opposed to hating Sakuari now the internet loves him? Huh. Well I support the encouragement either way. I wonder how it started?

So as opposed to hating Sakuari now the internet loves him? Huh. Well I support the encouragement either way. I wonder how it started?

Well as most of us know he recently told the world that he had a hand illness that made work extremely hard, and I don't know many industry members who work as hard on their games as Sakurai does. That, and Sakurai recently said that choosing Smash Bros casts was extremely stressful.. so it must be really nice and encouraging for him to get love rather than hate for once.

People are frustrated that their favourite characters don't make the cut, but no one can deny that Sakurai is a fantastic developer who really loves games and gamers, everything he makes is packed full of effort and care. I think everything his direction is announced for a game, fans of those games cheer, rather than be annoyed.

So yeah like Jez said people only "hate" him in a playful way, most people truly appreciate him.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't think anyone ever really hated Sakurai in a genuine way.  More a kind of "OH SAKURAI" *audience laughter as Sakurai does a sort of "who me?" pose* kinda way.

Or at least even if you hated Brawl it's hard to genuinely hold hatred for Sakurai because he seems like such a nice guy.

I figured some people hated him because of some controversial decisions he made in Brawl, such as adding Tripping at the last second to spite the competitive fanbase. I didn't hate him but I knew I was super pissed when he put tripping in just to spite people who like to play competitively. But oh well. It is kinda hard to hate him despite some questionable decisions he makes. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

What are the chances of any of the Mario characters getting replaced. I honestly wouldn't mind Peach getting replaced. 

I highly doubt they'll drop any of the Mario Cast, not even a clone like Luigi, and I rather not see a Female character go, the game is already barren on girls as it is.

What Sakurai had is a calcium deposit in his shoulder, which makes just about any movement with that arm painful. So yeah, it sucks pretty bad for him right now. Yet there he is, still pouring everything into SSB4. It's hard not to cheer him on.

and speaking of Mario Party/Fuck you's in general, how come we never had a Blue Shell Item? Like something that hits the guy with the Most Points/Stock/whatever and damages him alot.

Dear god NO!

One game series that punishes you for winning is enough.

and brawl had tripping which is an equally awful design choice

• Thumbs Up 3

Brawl already had that concept with providing mercy Final Smashes to last place upon revival if he or she is so far behind in points anyway.

Brawl stages may not get put in Smash 4 due to the 3DS not giving the stages enough "justice."

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/brawl-stages-may-not-return-for-the-next-smash-bros

Director Masahiro Sakurai has explained that if the team developing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS were to implement stages from Brawl into the next games, they would have to be tweaked to run on a Nintendo 3DS. Sakurai says that he's still unsure whether or not they could port stages from Brawl over to the Nintendo 3DS and "still do those [stages] justice," but he does assure us that hope is not lost. "We're going to have to look at that," he says, which means that despite being a hassle, Brawl stages may be entirely possible for the next Super Smash Bros. Now we just need to wait for the team to experiment and announce their results.

What remains unclear is why it's so essential that Brawl stages appear on the Nintendo 3DS and aren't exclusive to Wii U, especially given the fact that the new stages in both games will all be platform-exclusive.

I can understand the idea of putting Brawl stages on both systems from a legacy kind of thing - These two are both successors to Brawl, so it would feel kinda improper, I guess, for the Wii U version to get all the legacy goods while the 3DS version got left out in the cold.

But, if Brawl stages are gone, that means more room for original stages, which I'm always a fan of.

Edited by Joshua

Brawl stages kinda sucked anyway except for Pictochat and a couple others. WAYYY too hectic; you were basically fighting against the stage in many cases, rather than against your opponents.

But still, it's yet another case of "gimp one version to make the other look better" which I am not a fan of.

• Thumbs Up 2

If there are any stages I'd prefer to see from previous games, I'd actually like to see SBB64 ones make a return. You know, with a HD update if need be. I really miss Hyrule Castle and Saffron City.

That being said I won't cry a tear for them if it means more completely original stages.

• Thumbs Up 3

If there are any stages I'd prefer to see from previous games, I'd actually like to see SBB64 ones make a return. You know, with a HD update if need be. I really miss Hyrule Castle and Saffron City.

That being said I won't cry a tear for them if it means more completely original stages.

Melee's stages were pretty boss too. I hate that we lost Poke Floats in Brawl, I hope it and others come back.

I'd love to see some N64 stages but they'd have to be enlarged I think. IIRC they were pretty cramped and felt more cramped in Melee.

Smashville ,bridge of eldin and Deflino Plaza were really the only brawl stages I wanted to see return in this, but I'd be fine with more original stages.(plus, Smashville 2.0 is already in.:P)

@falco that was the point.

Edited by The Sonic Stadium

Sakurai posted this on Miiverse:

"Axe? Bug-catching net? Slingshot? Turnips?

2niz82d.jpg

Yes he can! Don't let his cute looks decieve you. He knows it and will use it to his advantage."

Edited by Falco

Villager uses Turnips eh? Wonder if this means Peach has a different move at all

Isn't that originally Princess Peach's B-Down move though? Although these turnips seem rather different than Peach's various turnips (as seen in the video below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFhr2BrkBA

Edited by Gabe