Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Physicaly though DS still feels too close to her

But what about Mario and Luigi? And Luigi would be much more of a clone than Dark Samus ever would considering past representations of him.

Luigi is a classic character that has a high status in the nintendo community, and has had several stand alone games. Dark Samus is an evil clone, that although does have a very unique attack set, looks 90% identical to samus, and there are several other Metroid reps that woulc be just as good an option that have unique movesets and appearance, like say Ridley, any one of the bounty hunters, or even Mini-Kriad(as Kriad himself would be waaaaay too big)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah but just going off physical appearance as a reason not to include Dark Samus as a possible new addition seemed a little silly to me, that's what I was really pointing out.

As far as music goes, if Sonic's in, I hope to GOD we get a better music selection than we had in Brawl. Other than the vocal tracks, we had Green Hill Genesis, which was unfitting, and that horrid remix of Angel Island that sounded like a 16 year old's first midi remix in FL Studio.

Agreed. I also want more characters from the Sonic series. In SSBB, I felt that their was enough sonic characters in the game. Nintendo should code some Sonic characters. They need more love.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. I also want more characters from the Sonic series. In SSBB, I felt that their was enough sonic characters in the game. Nintendo should code some Sonic characters. They need more love.

Wait, so you think brawl had enough Sonic characters, yet you want more? What.

Also, chances for more Sonic characters being playable are slim to none. Sonic himself being playable or even in the game seems pretty iffy at this point even. Plus, I would rather they use any extra slots they can for more NINTENDO characters that would bring something to the table. I mean, on third party character representing a series is enough if you ask me.

I actually kinda like Samus being the lone representative for her series. I haven't played Other M, but it seems like all of her games are known for the isolation, so with her just being the lone thing from her series always felt fitting to me. Not to mention that I can't really think of any thing else from the series that'd be known widely enough and work (Ridley maybe, kinda like Charizard in size, but I'd personally rather have him as an assist trophy *shrugs*). I also thought the Zero suit was a nice way of keeping the image I was talking about while offering a new character essentially.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah but just going off physical appearance as a reason not to include Dark Samus as a possible new addition seemed a little silly to me, that's what I was really pointing out.

If we can't have Dark Samus or any bosses, don't worry, we can still have some of these guys to choose....

MPH.png

Physicaly though DS still feels too close to her

Luigi looks like Mario. I suppose we should scrap Mario.

• Thumbs Up 8

If we can't have Dark Samus or any bosses, don't worry, we can still have some of these guys to choose....

MPH.png

Why would I play as some dude who does nothing but gives the finger to everyone?

....than again, why wouldn't I?...

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, so you think brawl had enough Sonic characters, yet you want more? What.

Also, chances for more Sonic characters being playable are slim to none. Sonic himself being playable or even in the game seems pretty iffy at this point even. Plus, I would rather they use any extra slots they can for more NINTENDO characters that would bring something to the table. I mean, on third party character representing a series is enough if you ask me.

Oops typo. I meant There wasn't enough sonic characters in the game lol.

This is Nintendo's game. Having more than 1 Sonic character would be too much.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is Nintendo's game. Having more than 1 Sonic character would be too much.

Agreed. This is supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo games, not just games in general. Sakurai's already talked about how only "special cases" are going to get in regards to third-parties, and he doesn't want to put in too many, so I cannot see him putting in more characters from one third-party franchise.

Oops typo. I meant There wasn't enough sonic characters in the game lol.

As I already said, considering the fact that they have to limit the amount of characters in both versions due to the 3DS, more than one Sonic character seems a little too much. (and considering 3rd parties are scarce, I wouldn't push it.)And we really don't need another. The priority is as many Nintendo characters from different franchises as possible, THEN perhaps 3rd parties.

Agreed. This is supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo games, not just games in general. Sakurai's already talked about how only "special cases" are going to get in regards to third-parties, and he doesn't want to put in too many, so I cannot see him putting in more characters from one third-party franchise.

Well, I am not saying we need more Sonic stuff but the Nintendo history & games excuse is bullshit. Sonic is part of 4 Nintendo games(M&S series) and is currently in a 3 game partnership with nintendo. SEGA is also a pretty large part of Nintendo's history from the Genesis and Super Nintendo days to Sonic Adventure 2: Battle being one of the best selling 3rd party games on the gamecube.

Again, I am not saying we need more Sonic characters.

Edited by Dom

As Sakurai said in the Developer Direct,"I'm not going to have just ANY character participate from other companies".

If ANY character is gonna get into Smash, it's going to be the main character of a flagship title, they ain't going to choose random secondary characters unless it's for Assist Trophies.

Eh, I feel Dark Samus is just better off as an alt skin to Samus. I can understand that she has her own set of abilities and what not, but I just don't like the idea of having a character that's visually a clone get in. I mean that's like saying characters like Daisy or Dark Pit would be good ideas, sure they could have pretty unique movesets that set them apart from Peach and Pit respectively, but it just seems more fitting to just make them a skin and call it a day.

Plus with the Luigi example, he only looks like Mario by attire alone, outside of some brotherly similarities. He has enough features and quirks that set him apart from Mario that it's easy to differentiate between the two.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling that "Mega Man" is the exception because Capcom currently doesn't have any sort of partnership with Nintendo. There've been rumors about Pac-Man, and Sonic is a likely choice to return. If they appear, its because it was part of the partnership with Nintendo both companies have. They'd still be third-parties, of course, and we'd only get ONE rep from any third-party company, period, and that'd be the most iconic character.

Assist Trophy and Stage? Yeah that's definitely possible.

Well, I am not saying we need more Sonic stuff but the Nintendo history & games excuse is bullshit.

No it isn't. Having a close history with Nintendo does not make you part of Nintendo, and this is still a game series about Nintendo. They had no obligation at all to include any third party characters.

• Thumbs Up 6

Holy fuck somebody else gets it.

It doesn't matter if Sonic has a close history with Nintendo, or even the partnership. Smash is still a Nintendo game first and foremost. Sakurai chooses which characters get in and he said he didn't want to include too many 3rd parties. I'm expecting only 2 3rd parties and either Pac-Man or Rayman filling in the 2nd spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be very surprised if we see a playable Tails or Eggman alongside Sonic in Smash 4.  As much as I would love to see huge 3rd party icons (something PSAS lacked), I think focusing on characters attracted to Nintendo legacy makes the most since in Smash.  That's why Megaman is in as he started on a Nintendo platform and seeing Pac-Man (arcade roots) and Sonic (rivalry with Nintendo but now one of its stronger alies) in addition is something to be expected.  I do hope we Simon Belmont, Bayonetta, and Lloyd in the game though.

Rayman filling in the 2nd spot.

You know very well that a Raving Rabbid will likely get an appearance over Rayman, since RR sold truckloads on the Wii. sad.png

(ideally, Rayman would be playable with a horde of Rabbids as an assist trophy)

Edited by Indigo Rush

I'm pretty sure the exclusivity deal makes Sonic as good as second-party. Even if it doesn't, I can honestly say that I will not buy the game if it doesn't have Sonic and Tails!

That's pretty close minded :/

It's a NINTENDO game about NINTENDO franchises, there were no 3rd parties in Melee, Sonic was in Brawl due to fan demand and Snake was due to begging from his company. Sakurai doesn't have to include ANY 3rd party characters at all considering its for NINTENDO IPs. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic isn't in it, but it'd be a welcome surprise if he is