Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Sakurai sounds like he's stressed all the time :c I really feel bad for him, I kinda wish they gave him more time to work on Smash Bros games so he didn't have to worry so much about having enough time to do stuff for everyone. Still, it's been more or less confirmed that some characters won't be returning. I think we can expect the SSB64 cast to return, even Jigglypuff, but probably a fair few Brawlers will be missing out, and I won't be expecting Roy, Pichu or Doctor Mario back.

If anyone's interested in who I want to see most, feel free to click this spoilermajiger

- Sonic, mostly because his chances of returning obviously aren't in stone at all, but I think he's really at home in the Smash world and he's Sonic the fuckin hedgehog)

- Shulk, I feel good about Shulk because Nintendo recently put a Xenoblade puzzle on Mii Plaza which means Xenoblade is a full-on first party game, and I think they'd be pretty proud of it! It's an amazing game and a fresh new IP of the highest quality, Nintendo-style.

Palutena, I'll be happy with any new Kid Icarus character, but I'd love to see Palutena the most, definitely. In my dream Smash Bros game, Kid Icarus will get 2 new reps, I'd love Hades, Magnus, Viridi, Phosphora, anyone really! But I think Pittoo should stay as a Pit alt. costume)

Isaac, or Matthew, though I and most would prefer Isaac cause his games were much better than Matthew's..! Either way, if there's a good Golden Sun stage and trophies then there's plenty of room to show characters from the DS game.

I'd also like to see any/a few out of Daisy/Rosalina, Midna/Ghirahim/Groose, Lucina/Tharja, Cynthia/Hilda/Rosa/Serena (a female Pokémon trainer to counterpart Red basically, with different or similar Pokémon, maybe even just other trainers as alt. costumes for Red)

More female rep would be cool

But really if the bolded ones are in I'll be happy with SSB4's cast. They have decent chances too.

I am kinda worried about Golden Sun rep though? People didn't love Dark Dawn so much and it's a shame that one game dampened peoples' feelings on Golden Sun :/ I'd /love/ a Golden Sun stage and character, and a nice selection of music, but I'm genuinely worried it'll just be forgotten about once again ;;

• Thumbs Up 1

>:U Why must I always be at odds with you, Joshua?!

ohmy.png I didn't disagree with you! I definitely think if Genesect got in over Mewtwo, people would throw a conniption because, dude, Mewtwo.

I was just providing my own observation on how Techno Blast could be pretty awesome to use in Smash.

I need only see the sliding scale from antipathy to full-out praise for the Wii Fit Trainer being in Smash 4 that occurred in a manner of hours to see that people would grow to like Genesect's moveset, and Genesect itself over time, Mewtwo or not. tongue.png

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm really hoping for a September-October release for this game next year! I'm gonna be leaving for 2 years after that with no access to this, so I wanna get as much as I can in. If it were to come late summer next year, that would be even better.(although unlikely.sad.png)

Screw that, the earlier the better, well... without killing quality that is. Lets hope that with BandaiNamco's help, they can make a quality game in a timely fashion

That list of ridiculous wants BL posted doesn't have Naruto in it.

Maybe there is hope for humanity after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the only Namco characters I want are either Klonoa or Llyod, but that ain't happening. Would be cool, but ain't happening! See that... it's called being realistic XD

You know what would be cool?  A female announcer, like a super-excited one.  Not like, cheerleader annoying, but one that sounds like she's really into the game and is actually having fun watching it.  It'd be a nice change of pace eggman conirmed

• Thumbs Up 3

You know what would be cool?  A female announcer, like a super-excited one.  Not like, cheerleader annoying, but one that sounds like she's really into the game and is actually having fun watching it.  It'd be a nice change of pace eggman conirmed

Or they could do what Marvel vs Capcom 3 did and have a more general male announcer and the more commentator like female one.

Or they could do what Marvel vs Capcom 3 did and have a more general male announcer and the more commentator like female one.

I was thinking the same actually. Or maybe even take the Blazblue approach and have a generic announcer or two and have the other playable characters be an annoucer as well, like Mario, Zelda, Megaman(?), Captain Falcon (Yes please) and etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love that.

Other M Samus confirmed as announcer.

"...Mario.  I recall him being from games about jumping on mushrooms.  Mario is wearing a red hat.  Red is a color."

"...Link.  He is a hero, and wears green.  Green is also a color.  He has blonde hair and is a boy.  I would totally sex him up."

"...Ri-oh god it's ridley -pants fall off-"

Edited by Super Smash Wario
  • Thumbs Up 5

Other M Samus confirmed as announcer.

"...Mario."

"...Link."

"...Ri-oh god it's ridley -pants fall off-"

Luckily he's too big so she doesn't have to worry about vicious anime flashbacks and panic attacks she's somehow never had before.

• Thumbs Up 2

Or maybe even take the Blazblue approach and have a generic announcer or two and have the other playable characters be an annoucer as well, like Mario, Zelda, Megaman(?), Captain Falcon (Yes please) and etc.

That idea is godlike. Having Mario as an announcer would be so awesome that I'm laughing just thinking about it!

Not gonna lie, I'd love a Pikachu and Game & Watch announcer.

And a Donkey Kong announcer. But ONLY if they use the voice from the DK cartoon as a mythology gag.

Edited by Joshua

I'd rather have characters who aren't playable be announcers. Peppy, Palutena... Adam Malkovich might be worth a laugh or two if they were self-deprecating enough about it.

Adam Malkovich might be worth a laugh or two if they were self-deprecating enough about it.

"I never gave Samus the authority to use Power Bombs..."

A mission where you play as Samus and have to use her moves only when instructed to could be a fun little reference to that.

I'd rather have characters who aren't playable be announcers. Peppy, Palutena... Adam Malkovich might be worth a laugh or two if they were self-deprecating enough about it.

Implying Palutena not playable.

Unacceptable.

Peppy would be fuckin great though, actually I really like this idea in general.

Each level having their own unique announcer would be pretty legit. I'd love to see someone like E.Gadd for whatever Luigi's Mansion level they use, or Anna as the announcer for Arena Ferox, and so on

• Thumbs Up 3

Anna making bets on certain fighters and getting pissed when she looses would be the best commentary ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unacceptable.

Peppy would be fuckin great though, actually I really like this idea in general.

Not that im against her inclusion but what would palutena have over magnus if one of the two got in (asking what her moveset would be).

Not that im against her inclusion but what would palutena have over magnus if one of the two got in (asking what her moveset would be).

She's a goddess who can use a variety of powerful magic as well as weapons as shown in the Palutena anime short. Magnus is just another Ike-like heavy sword user without magic.

Magnus would be cool, but I just couldn't choose him over the possibility of another female character and another magic user. Smash Bros is heavily lacking in both.

And I fuckin love Palutena.

EDIT: Also this is Smash Bros, half the effin cast had no moveset potential before they were added, but there they are anyway. Lookin' at you Game & Watch, Zelda, Sheik, Captain Falcon, etc etc.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Pokemon Anime Narrator for the announcer of Smash Bros 4!

So...Eggman?

Amazing.

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unacceptable.

I love Palutena, but something about the way she's way stronger (and larger, normally) than Pit, and also partly the source of Pit's powers, and a radio advice character... somehow it'd feel a little weird if she was a fighter. I dunno, I think I'd rather have Medusa for a second Kid Icarus rep. We could use more villains.

it'd be totally cool and everything if she got in though she just wouldn't be my first choice or whatever man

• Thumbs Up 2