Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

A rep should be just that - representative of said franchise. If you don't think of the character within ten seconds of someone mentioning the IP - well, why choose them to represent the series? It's like if instead of Luigi, we had Wart as a second Mario character.

not that i wouldn't love to see wart in another game but whatever

Ridley is the only consistent character in Metroid aside from Samus herself, its either him or no one. 

Ridley is the only consistent character in Metroid aside from Samus herself, its either him or no one. 

Anthony Higgs or bust.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anthony Higgs or bust.

C'MON BUST DON'T FAIL ME NOW

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

Been listening to Brawl's OST for the past hour or so, and, VGM enthusiast as I am, I think I'm mostly hyped for what music Nintendo will bring in for Smash 4. There will definitely be songs from games between Brawl's and S4's release from the main Nintendo menagerie, sure, but I'm anxious to hear music from the very obscure titles in the library.

Melee kicked it off with the Mach Rider theme. Then Brawl exploded with obscure goodies. We got gems from lesser known games from main series like Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening. But we also got music from the very obscure like Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi, and Chosoju Mecha MG, and music from very retro and obscure like Shin Onigashima, Murasamejo, even X!

Nintendo was really faithful to its history through Brawl's songs - all 258 of them. With the massive increase in memory space from the Wii to the Wii U, I'm positively anxious and giddy to hear what Nintendo's got in store for music from the old and obscure this time around.

Needs a Kirby's Dream Course song too.

• Thumbs Up 6

heh, a KDC song would be great, I wish they had included that game in Kirby's dream collection sad.png say anyone else wonder if they will reveal any new characters this week, or confirm any returning characters

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

"Dark Samus wouldn't work in Smash 4 because she's just a clone of Sa-"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2L-3cZLsY

I swear, it's almost like no one has even played Prime 2 or 3.

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 6

On the music front, I hope there is something as good as shin onigashima, that song was godly to me and all the other songs pretty much ranged from awesome to amazing, so I would have to agree that the music is definitely the thing I am most excited for with this game.

The only remix we had heard so for (Mega Man 2's Title Screen and Wily Castle 2's themes) are pretty fantastic, but I for Mega Man I hope they don't do the expected thing and only use tunes from MM2, because that would suck.

As for everything else, im expecting twice the content, Brawl set the bar pretty damn high when it came to the soundtrack so im expecting a lot from this one.

Hmmm you know, since they have megaman I wonder if they will include Bass? ya never know, though protoman could appear as an alternate costume I bet

Note I dont know a lot about Megaman, I havent even played any of his games other than a level or two, but Bass looks kinda fun

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

The only thing Bass does differently is fire in all 8 directions and double jump.

Megaman will already double jump in this. Bass could be a Skin.

I think it's more fun to speculate who his assist trophy will be - because if Brawl was any indication, even the third parties will get at least one apiece. It would be pretty interesting to see Protoman use the same "jump shootshoot jump shootshoot" pattern he did in the early NES fights.

• Thumbs Up 4

As far as music goes, if Sonic's in, I hope to GOD we get a better music selection than we had in Brawl. Other than the vocal tracks, we had Green Hill Genesis, which was unfitting, and that horrid remix of Angel Island that sounded like a 16 year old's first midi remix in FL Studio.

Everyone seems to hate that Angel Island remix, but thought it was pretty kick ass.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it's more fun to speculate who his assist trophy will be - because if Brawl was any indication, even the third parties will get at least one apiece. It would be pretty interesting to see Protoman use the same "jump shootshoot jump shootshoot" pattern he did in the early NES fights.

I'm hoping Sonic (if he returns) has Perfect Chaos as an assist trophy. He could be the assist trophy version of Ho oh and Lugia.

If it's not the Yellow Devil from his intro video, it's gotta be Wily. You can't not have Wily.

ohmy.png The Angel Island mix was awesome....What version were you listening to?

The "Baby's First MIDI" version.

It was literally just AIZ but with guitars.

Edited by Martha Jones

The "Baby's First MIDI" version.

So not the in-game version? Okay then. 

I felt the same way about the emphasis on a lot of guitar/rock with the Butter Building and Zero Two rock remixes, and yet they frequently find themselves in my "Top 5 Brawl songs" at any moment.

Kirby music is always top dog in the Smash Bros. series, so no doubt the music for Kirby's stages will be tight.

As for Kid Icarus music, theirs far too many I love from Uprising. The Return of Palutena, Reapers Line of Sight, Lighting Temple, Medusa's Castle, too good,

Same said for Fire Emblem, cause Awakening too had a kick-ass soundtrack. Conquest, Divine Decree, Mastermind, Don't Speak her name, and ID Purpose are some of my fav's.

"Dark Samus wouldn't work in Smash 4 because she's just a clone of Sa-"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2L-3cZLsY

I swear, it's almost like no one has even played Prime 2 or 3.

..... Dark Samus is completely different then Samus, Prime 3 final boss is a good example of what attacks she can pull off.