Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

And then you play as Zero for the rest of the match because he was the true Final Smash, X was just a decoy.

And then he shouts "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOORRRRR" and they run off the ledge again

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah it's gotta be Rush Coil for Final Smash, Hyper Mega Man would be pretty sick too. Those are the only things I can think of unless we get something completely original. 

I'm a little more curious to what the Villagers Final Smash would be, that and if any already existing character might get a new Final Smash.

I love to see Pit gain the Sacred Treasures Armor as his Final Smash, doesn't matter if it's the old one or the high tech Gundam one. I can also see Kirby getting Ultra Sword and Bowser possibly get something like Magikoopa Mob. No Offense to the Giga Bowser Final Smash, but being Bowser is designed closer to his Game version, I kinda like to see something new. I rather just have Giga Bowser back as a boss.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

And then he shouts "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOORRRRR" and they run off the ledge again

And then when he dies he flies back up as a torso, regenerates all his limbs and says, "I hid myself while I tried to repair myself."

Speaking of which, I'm surprised they didn't use Rush Jet as his UP B, though I suppose that would have been a tad unfair.

Edited by Soniman

Excuse me for wanting faster physics? It's good not to generalize. 

Yeah, after playing melee for a while I can see why people didn't like brawl much cause when I try to go back to brawl I really just can't even get into it, everything just feels so slow and even with sonic in it (don't hate me for saying that) it doesn't really help it out any, brawl was good for a time but melee just has an overall better combat system (one of the main reasons why project m looks so cool).

Yeah, after playing melee for a while I can see why people didn't like brawl much cause when I try to go back to brawl I really just can't even get into it, everything just feels so slow and even with sonic in it (don't hate me for saying that) it doesn't really help it out any, brawl was good for a time but melee just has an overall better combat system (one of the main reasons why project m looks so cool).

This is ironic because it's the exact opposite of how I felt when I went back to Melee, after playing Brawl for so long. I just couldn't get back to how heavy and super fast it felt, it's probably just me sucking at the game but I found Brawl's feel a dozen times better and easier to get into, even if it is "slow" (which doesn't feel that way at all to me).

This is ironic because it's the exact opposite of how I felt when I went back to Melee, after playing Brawl for so long. I just couldn't get back to how heavy and super fast it felt, it's probably just me sucking at the game but I found Brawl's feel a dozen times better and easier to get into, even if it is "slow" (which doesn't feel that way at all to me).

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I try to not play Melee and Brawl back-to-back because it makes Brawl seem boring by comparison, at least for me. I do still love Brawl, but I think Melee has a quite superior combat system. 

I guess its more of a preference I guess, I respect your opinion though.

I'm hoping for Rush Adapter myself although who knows. MM7 and 8 tend to be forgotten by Capcom and most people in general since they're not as well regarded as the NES titles.

The Rush Adapters appeared in Mega Man 6, so even though Super Mega Man debuted in 7, it's still pretty well tied with the NES games.

Hyper Mega Man would be okay, I guess, but considering they're going for a classic approach, it would be a bit out of place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Figures. MM6 is the only one of the NES games I never really played all that much.

I would laugh my ass off if he transformed into X.

His special would probably be whining about fighting and making everyone run away off the ledge.

You know what would be even funnier?

Megaman transformed into...

SFxTMegaMan.jpg

THIS IS MAI DESTINAY!

• Thumbs Up 6

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66542598?page=1

For those to lazy to click on the link.

" Ridley should have been in Brawl as a playable character but was instead relegated to a boss in said game. As a matter of fact, here is the infamous quote from Sakurai that almost everyone in the community knows:

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

Sakurai: I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]

The quote has been taken in many ways. Most Ridley supporters use this quote as evidence that Sakurai sees Ridley as being able to work with enough effort while Ridley detractors sees this as something that indicates that Ridley won't fit in. However, a middling ground is best approached here when discussing this quote; he may change his opinion on Ridley, but he may find it not worth the effort to add Ridley either. However, there are good reasons to believe that Ridley will finally make his playable debut.

First thing to note is that Ridley is one of the most popular characters for this game. He has been among the Top 5 most wanted characters for Smash 4 and among the Top 5 in the West ever since the pre-Brawl days. Another thing to note with his popularity is that Ridley has been highly requested to get into a Smash Bros. game ever since the pre-Melee days. The only other character that was highly popular for Smash 4 that was a popular request ever since the pre-Melee days was Mega Man and he made the cut for Smash 3DS/Wii U. It's logical to assume that Ridley would follow in Mega Man's footstep.

But what is the most important thing that could lead to Ridley's inclusion is that the three newcomers already confirmed (Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer) has opened the gate a lot wider for Ridley. The Villager was a previously rejected character that failed to get into Brawl due to his peaceful nature, yet he made an appearance in SSB 3DS/Wii U. Mega Man by being third-party was an incredibly difficult fit, yet he was added to the game as well. Wii Fit Trainer also has a very unconventional and unique style of play.

What these three newcomers show is that if these three can be made playable, Ridley definitely can be made into a playable character. The Villager shows that Sakurai does change his mind on characters he previously rejected, so even if Ridley was rejected back in pre-Brawl, there is room for Sakurai to re-consider him for playable status. Mega Man shows that Sakurai is willing to go through the excruciating work to fit a third-party character in, which Sakurai has mentioned is a grueling process (in some ways, even harder than making the game itself). Being a Nintendo character, Ridley is inevitably going to be a much easier fit even if fitting him in will be difficult; it's still easier than the work it takes to get Mega Man in. Wii Fit Trainer also shows that unconventional style of play can work in Smash and that Ridley could also work with an unconventional style.

What Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer have all in common is that they're incredibly unique. They have play styles that can't be emulated by anyone else and they all work out very well. Sakurai is emphasizing a lot on uniqueness (just look at the game play of the three newcomers along with interviews) and Ridley has potentials to be incredibly unique as well.

Put all of these things together and Ridley is a likely candidate for this game. Not guarantee, but certainly up there.

I've been going back and forth in regards to wanting Ridley to be playable, but I've decided to commit support for Ridley. He is long overdue for a spot as a playable character and playing as a space dragon is pretty awesome. This is coming from someone who has never played a game with Ridley on it. Probably would be 100% if that was the case; but I'd be disappointed if Ridley got the shaft once more."

Edited by Falco

I do have to ask, why is ridley so popular anyway, I personally don't see whats so great about him he  just kind of seems like the bowser of metroid or something, just providing something for samus to face but then again I haven't really played through all the metroid games and I'm still near the beginning in other m so I have no idea what makes him so cool to everybody.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do have to ask, why is ridley so popular anyway, I personally don't see whats so great about him he  just kind of seems like the bowser of metroid or something, just providing something for samus to face but then again I haven't really played through all the metroid games and I'm still near the beginning in other m so I have no idea what makes him so cool to everybody.

First and Foremost, he is a Giant Space DInosaur/Dragon who is also the Leader of a Band of Space Pirates. if that isn't the tightest shit to you, then get out of my Face.

secondly, he is basically...well, Metroids own Bowser like you said, a constant Enemy that appears and faces off against Samus to stop her, and in turn makes for some pretty cool Bossfights, so that naturally makes him stand out in the minds of many.

and, well, he is about one of three other characters who could work for a Smash Bros game as far as Metroid Reps are concerned (the others being Dark Samus and Rundas)

I honestly do not understand why anyone would want Dark Samus as it's own character.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's got plenty of unique abilities to differentiate her, and she does look at least somewhat distinct from Samus. She's more like Luigi than someone like Dark Link or Dark Pit. She's also the most important recurring villain in Metroid aside from Ridley, and if you don't count MB she's tied for most appearances as main villain with Mother Brain.

That's not saying that she'd be a particularly good choice or anything, though. The Metroid franchise just doesn't have a whole lot to work with, and if it got another character I'd rather have her than an awkward mini-Ridley.

Eh, I'd still not like to see Samus basically painted black with blue lights hav it's own slot. I'd rather Metroid keep one character than force someone like that.

Also, I don't really understand why Ninja Shark said there's only Dark Samus and Dundras that could work. Just a preference of yours? There's the other bounty hunters and the federation crew that could be used.

Rundas is pretty popular, so I guess he's the inconsequential character who'd please the most people?

I'd rather see Gandrayda or Sylux than him, though. Or, yeah, maybe just not bother with another Metroid character for now.

There's the other bounty hunters and the federation crew that could be used.

But who actually cares about them? There's not much point in picking a rep that barely anyone even remembers or cares about.

Also, I don't really understand why Ninja Shark said there's only Dark Samus and Dundras that could work. Just a preference of yours? There's the other bounty hunters and the federation crew that could be used.

Less preferance, but from what I played of the Prime games, those two (along with Ridley) could work the best as far as adding a new Metroid Rep goes, with Dark Samus being one of the most reocurring villains as mentioned.

Dundras I suggested since he seemed to me about the most importand of the Prime 3 Bounty Hunters to me (at least, what little I played of Prime 3), but I was told that he wasn't that Importand after all, so oh well, I guess any of the Bounty Hunters are fair game.

But who actually cares about them? There's not much point in picking a rep that barely anyone even remembers or cares about.

There is none. Which is why I said Metroid should stick to one rep.

No one really remembered or cared about Game and Watch and he's in and has a fanbase. 

No one really remembered or cared about Game and Watch and he's in and has a fanbase. 

The difference is G&W regardless is still an iconic part of Nintendo's history on his own.  He represents his own IP and even consoles.  The bounty hunters and federation officers in the Metroid games however are not.  

• Thumbs Up 5

That's completely untrue. A lot of older people grew up playing Game and Watch games- my dad included. Mr. Game and Watch as a character represents an important part of Nintendo's history and handheld gaming in general.

• Thumbs Up 7