Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Of the giant god characters, she's the most reasonable to me for a fighter because she's, uh, slightly shorter. Yes.

Plant powers are pretty cool too; she wouldn't be an exact match for Pit's theme, y'know?

But mostly the short thing.

Worldwide internet access was available starting from the very early 90s, so electronic communication was certainly a thing during and before then. In fact, in the 80s, emailing as we know it today was mostly something that only students or people employed under the government or military had access to.

I just learned something new today......

and_now_we_know_knowing_is_half_battle_d

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

It means I'm happy

Okay, just checking.

I would also love to see Mewtwo return as well. Hopefully, he makes it in the final game.

It's shock and awe. I think Mewtwo has a pretty good chance of getting in, if we go off of Sakurai's reasons for including Pokemon. Mewtwo has a movie coming out rather soon, and it's been reinvigorated with the introduction of the new forme.

Pokémon inclusion must be tough. It's a shame to think Lucario will be "irrelevant" now, but at the same time there is so much potential in Gens 5 and 6.

What I wanna see most are more human Pokémon characters.. But I'm usually happy with what they do with Pokémon, so I'm looking forward to it.

They could just do a modelswap of Penistoe Mewtwo to represent Gen 6 and keep the moveset the same. 

Speaking of pokemon, hope they don't change the Pokemon Trainer in all the confusion, but I doubt it at the same time....

But for a villain? Least Metroid wise, if they can do Dark Samus or someone other then Ridley (keep him playable instead) That would be better.

How about Mini-Kriad? make him both a boss and playable could be interesting

Well Mini would make for a pretty good playable
Fake_Kraid.png
concept art
KraidJ.jpg

Then again in the spirit of adding DS characters, Weavel would make a pretty good option

Weavel.jpg

Now this would be wierd but interesting
MotherBrain_drool.gif

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

If there's anyone I want playable, it's Viridi from KI:U. I loved her in Uprising and I think her plant-based powers would make for a cool moveset. 

Plus she's not as tall as Paulenta so she's easier to implement. Just my two cents. 

I think I'd rather have Dark Samus for a second Metroid character than anyone else. She's got enough weird phazon powers to make her plenty unique (and you could borrow some stuff from when she was Metroid Prime to make her even more distinct), and she's probably the most important Metroid character you could possibly make playable aside from a heavily altered Ridley.

Need more ladies, need more villains. Also, it'd just be nice to have a character who originated in the Prime games around.

No offense, but Dark Samus would seem rather, well clonish, how about one of the other dozen Bounty hunters from Prime 3, or Prime hunters

Sylux.pngTrace.jpg

Kanden.jpgSpire.jpgNoxus.jpg
Rundas0.jpgGhor.jpgGandrayda0.jpg

See there are plenty of bounty hunters who could be used

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

To be fair on Dark Samus, she shares almost no actual techniques with her counterpart - most of her regular shots are Danmaku-esque scatters of projectiles, she can shoot pretty big beams on a whim, and has diving attacks and boost-ball esque charges that would find pretty neat slots in an actual moveset. It's an old cliche to be sure, but most of the people clamouring for DS ask out of a moveset basis and not so much out of the appearance. That being said, I would prefer Gandrayda or Sylux if we were given a choice.

Seeing as someone mentioned Kraid, being based on the Brinstar Depths stage from Melee as a boss would be a really cool throwback. Add a few extra attacks, leave the ability to flip the stage, add a few methods of actually damaging him and I think it could work out.

You know what? I just thought of something.

This game is essentially fanservice.

So why the fuck wasn't Samus' final smash the hyper beam

• Thumbs Up 4

As far as I'm concerned, Smash is a celebration of Nintendo history first and fan-pampering second (even if the latter is still admittedly a huge part of it). So if anything, I'm surprised we never saw a Power Bomb as Samus's FS, considering in her own games it's almost universally been the single strongest consistent tool in her arsenal.

Speaking of, what would be really cool is, consdering Samus goes into Morph Ball during rolls, would be the ability to drop Down+B bombs in mid roll. Assuming they can find ways not to make them too spammy, of course. If nothing else, it'd really make up for her slow roll-dodge speed.

Edited by Blacklightning

What are the chances of any of the Mario characters getting replaced. I honestly wouldn't mind Peach getting replaced. As for the Metroid discussion, I really want to see one of the bounty hunters over Ridley honestly. Not that Ridley wouldn't be cool or anything, I just think the bounty hunters would be more interesting.

Hyper Beam was only an expansion of the Beam upgrades in Super Metroid. It was activated the same way, had the same amount of duration time and distance as the other Beam shots, the only difference was in strength and that you got it at the end of the game.

Based on Hyper Beam's attributes, it would have basically been the Ray Gun item, just not as an item, more powerful, and less permanent.

Zero Laser at the very least was an original concept, and so justification for the Power Suit breaking to pieces to let ZSS out could be written as "Because Zero Laser". They could have called it the Hyper Beam, and just let it be said that the Hyper Beam is actually an enormous wave beam, but then we're missing the rainbow colors and the impending seizures due to all those colors in that large a quantity as Zero Laser.

I kinda like her shooting Final Flashes anyway - what else would you expect from Samus when she's outputting 100% of the suit's power in a single move, other than that enormous beam?

Edited by Joshua