Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

b2s9Kbs.png?1

Casuals HATE him!

3 Weeks? More like 3 Years. Jeez. And its been 8 years since Brawl.

May be a joke, but people are annoying the crap out of me. I keep seeing people say stuff like "Sakurai buffed up Ike just because he could!" Um, no guys, that's been canon since a year before Brawl came out.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 Weeks? More like 3 Years. Jeez. And its been 8 years since Brawl.

May be a joke, but people are annoying the crap out of me. I keep seeing people say stuff like "Sakurai buffed up Ike just because he could!" Um, no guys, that's been canon since a year before Brawl came out.

Yeesh, relax. It's just a silly joke. The three weeks are referencing pill ads, nothing else. The picture doesn't say or imply that Sakurai redesigned him.

Also it's been 6 years since Brawl.

Yeesh, relax. It's just a silly joke. The three weeks are referencing pill ads, nothing else. The picture doesn't say or imply that Sakurai redesigned him.

Also it's been 6 years since Brawl.

Oh right. I can't count.

I know the ad is a joke, I'm referring to actual idiots who don't realize Ike had this redesign in Radiant Dawn. All kinds of people online keep complaining about Ike's "redesign." I've seen comments myself on it and people complaining about other people complaining about Ike's "redesign."

I guess I'm an idiot than.

(Never played fire emblem)

Never played Fire Emblem, but its not hard to find out online. Especially since Sakurai states right in the original post that its Ike's design from Radiant Dawn. A lot of people are complaining about the "redesign" without even doing the research first. Its just annoying. I haven't seen you complaining about it and wondering why Ike is now "so buff."

This is also a two-fold issue, though. Sakurai sometimes makes slight updates to characters, but NEVER do characters get a full on redesign like this unless it happened in the actual games. Any updated designs are always based on the latest games. And anyone who knows anything about Smash Bros. should already know this.

The only exceptions are retro characters that haven't been redesigned before being chosen to appear in Smash Bros. Namely, Pit and Ice Climbers. If Takamaru were to be added, for example, he doesn't need a redesign because he's already got one recently.

• Thumbs Up 5

Lol I actually forgot he mentions radiant dawn.

But sakurai could of chosen to keep Ike skinny.

Is there a reason why link and Zelda's designs are not from their latest games?

And also me saying I'm an idiot was a bit of an joke though, so I hope it didn't tick you off or something lol

Seriously, the characters in this game are all so buff

main.png

main.png

main.png

Soon...

Challenger_Approaching_Falcon_(SSBB).png

The difference is except Ike, those characters are always buff. Especially Falcon and DK. Little Mac is buff in Punch Out, but he's so small and everyone else is so much more buff than he is.

Good to know I'm not the only one who's getting sick of the over-reactions to this shit.

I knew Fire Emblem was unpopular before Animekening, but Jesus Christ I never realized the extent of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to know I'm not the only one who's getting sick of the over-reactions to this shit.

I knew Fire Emblem was unpopular before Animekening, but Jesus Christ I never realized the extent of it.

They weren't joking back in the day when people said that Marth debuted in Melee

unfortunately

I've actually seen a few people ask "Who the hell is Ike?" and complain about how Sakurai is adding obscure characters instead of characters from FE:A.

It's so surreal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that at least had an excuse since Fire Emblem was still unknown to the West at that time.

There's really no excuse here other than horrible unpopularity.

I remember during Brawl hype most people considered Ike to be a shoe-in if they added a new FE character.. and he was revealed pretty early on to a whole lot of unsurprised people.

Don't worry Ike, you fought for me so I'll fight for you.

Brawl was part of the reason I'm so confused. I figured that would spread some awareness about Ike, just as it did for Marth. As of Awakening I'm just plain seeing so many people calling him obscure and ot knowing who he is. It's kinda weird.

• Thumbs Up 3

Brawl was part of the reason I'm so confused. I figured that would spread some awareness about Ike, just as it did for Marth. As of Awakening I'm just plain seeing so many people calling him obscure and ot knowing who he is. It's kinda weird.

This is why need a Fire Emblem collection on the wii-u! not only would it be an easy to implement and much needed addition to the game collection diversity, but it would also introduce people to the lore as well! 

No one would buy it.

People think Awakening got a lot of people into the series, but it didn't, it had the opposite effect. It made it so people didn't give a shit about earlier games in the series anymore.

The Wii was Nintendo's biggest console. It not only featured a FE game starring Ike but he was also a playable fighter in one of the console's biggest games. I doubt a game on the Wii U woud help his situation that much, lol.

That's a weird reaction, I mean even I who didn't play any of the Fire Emblem game's know who Ike is just from Brawl...

So what gives? Is he that much of an obscure character? 

No one would buy it.

People think Awakening got a lot of people into the series, but it didn't, it had the opposite effect. It made it so people didn't give a shit about earlier games in the series anymore.

Nah not really. Most of the people I know who were into FE before Awakening still love the old games and if anything appreciate Awakening for being a decent game but hate it for completely consuming the fandom.

It's just the FF7 effect. The amount of new fans it brought in kinda eclipses the old fans and games to the point where a lot of people forget they exist.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously, the characters in this game are all so buff

main.png

main.png

main.png

Soon...

Challenger_Approaching_Falcon_(SSBB).png 

Eggman_Sonic_Boom_profile.jpg

BELIEVE.

Seriously though, liking Ike's upgrade. He also looks great on 3DS I might add.

screen-9.jpg

screen-10.jpg

That's what I mean. It's like Wraith said:

I've actually seen a few people ask "Who the hell is Ike?" and complain about how Sakurai is adding obscure characters instead of characters from FE:A.

It's so surreal.

Fire Emblem always had a niche fanbase, which recently "grew" in size drastically thanks to Animekening. And alot of those newcomers aren't even attempting to play previous games in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, more than a few of the old games are kind of hard to get into considering how archaic their mechanics can be, even if you put Awakening, which streamlined a LOT of stuff, aside. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Things were way better before Nintendo replaced those awesome beats with those hacks from Crush 40 and just had Chrom boost through all the levels. These games used to be made for thinking human beings, not drooling casuals who don't even remember Sigurd's death at Space Colony ARK

• Thumbs Up 1

Things were way better before Nintendo replaced that awesome music with those hacks from Crush 40 and just had Chrom boost through all the levels. These games used to be made for thinking human beings, not drooling casuals who don't even remember Sigurd's death at Space Colony ARK

har har har.

I'm not saying no one has the right to like Awakening. I'm saying it's really annoying how one of my favorite Nintendo series has somehow simutaneously become insanely popular and yet no one knows anything about it.

To be fair, more than a few of the old games are kind of hard to get into considering how archaic their mechanics can be, even if you put Awakening, which streamlined a LOT of stuff, aside. 

Not going to deny that. I have trouble with FE5 because of the interface.

But this doesn't apply to the Radiant games. In fact the mechanics of the Radiant games are better than Awakening's.