Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I kinda wish all of them got their own trailers.

Well only 18 Brawl characters left My bet is ROB, Snake, Lucario and Wolf are gone.

Dixie Kong

Palutena

Little Mac

Those three has a high chance of joining. at least that's what I think.

Glad to see Dedede back to the roster! It was quite an obvious announcement due to Triple Deluxe's launch in Japan, but still it's great to know he will be ready to fight. And he looks better than ever before!

screen-8.jpg

screen-9.jpg

Tyrannical lazy bugger... XD

EDIT: Since you guys have been mentioning the Anime, if only Escargon was ever featured in any way in the game (Assist Trophy or DDD's Final Smash)... IF ONLY~!

Edited by Kaabiitorori

Awww yeahhhh! Good to see Dedede return! And so glad I'm not the only to notice the massive improvement in his facial expressions! Definitely reminds me of the anime. X3

In fact, all the returning characters up till now have looked way more expressive than their Brawl counterparts.

Holy crap, those expressions are killer, really seems like a nod to the cartoon.

Bare in mind the next game to be released is DKC: Tropical Freeze so I'm expecting Diddy to be announced soon.

Holy crap, those expressions are killer, really seems like a nod to the cartoon.

They really have to be...there isn't anywhere else that they'd be taking this from.

While there is absolutely no way he wouldn't return, it's kind of bizarre that Yoshi is the only non-unlockable N64 veteran who still hasn't appeared.  It's making me wonder if he's getting some kind of crazy rework, but I don't see why they would.  I guess they'll unveil him when Yoshi's New Island launches, but it'll be kind of an unexciting unveil (even though I'll be glad to have the peace of mind as I main him).

EDIT: Oh, not that I'm not over the moon that Dedede has returned.  Damn straight.

screen-4.jpg

"ya ready fo' the ride o' your life-zoi"

Oh god seriously these facial expressions are just plain golden

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing King Dedede's marvelous array of facial expressions has reminded me that I'm a bit disappointed in Sonic's (so far). It's been bothering me for a while, but his face seems to be the same most of the time. Occasionally he grins, but the brow stays locked in place... This may be because they're taking inspiration from more recent games, where Sonic's brow tends to stay in one place outside of CGI scenes. It's a shame though, because Brawl Sonic exhibited more variety and at times had some wonderful sass going on. To compare:

coxj.jpg

He looks kind of lifeless for Sonic in that last one; impatiently tapping his foot while... smiling? Perhaps it's early days and the team will breathe more life into him in the time between now and release? I don't know. The model looks great, but I wish that it showed a wider range of emotions.

• Thumbs Up 4

Dedede sure looks gorgeous in this game. Of course, he's one of my favourite Nintendo characters alongside Luigi so he's bound to look gorgeous anyway. Now, if it's not too much, mind you...would you like to bring back the "Fountain of Dreams" stage from Melee? I still want to recreate that boss battle. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

While there is absolutely no way he wouldn't return, it's kind of bizarre that Yoshi is the only non-unlockable N64 veteran who still hasn't appeared.  It's making me wonder if he's getting some kind of crazy rework, but I don't see why they would.  I guess they'll unveil him when Yoshi's New Island launches, but it'll be kind of an unexciting unveil (even though I'll be glad to have the peace of mind as I main him).

People'll still be more excited for Yoshi in Super Smash Bros. than they will for Yoshi's New Island, though...

People'll still be more excited for Yoshi in Super Smash Bros. than they will for Yoshi's New Island, though...

That's coz Yoshi in Smash Bros is a cool dude and Yoshi's New Island is laaaaaaaaaaame

Dedede sure looks gorgeous in this game. Of course, he's one of my favourite Nintendo characters alongside Luigi so he's bound to look gorgeous anyway. Now, if it's not too much, mind you...would you like to bring back the "Fountain of Dreams" stage from Melee? I still want to recreate that boss battle. Thank you.

YES, PLEASE.

I was so disappointed when they chose Green Greens over Fountain of Dreams in Brawl. The latter is the most beautiful stage in Melee with the most wonderful music and they choose the plain ol' Whispy Woods one! I didn't like the Halberd stage much either because it doesn't scream Kirby to me. Yeah I know it's the Revenge of Metaknight airship from Super Star but because of the murky colours you'd never think it was Kirby unless you listen to the music (and it's awesome music too).

For Smash 4, I hope we see a Kirby Epic Yarn stage and the return of Fountain of Dreams in glorious HD! Please, no boring Halberd and boring Green Greens. ;w;

• Thumbs Up 3

I know emerl won't make it as an assist trophy but the idea someone copying thier moves, tho they can't go crazy with that idea, Don't want it OP

'

Could you imagine an amy assist trophy?

screen-8.jpg

screen-9.jpg

Game of the forever.

Dedede (in pic 1): Hmmmm, I'll workout later. Yup, I'll do like, 1 pushup.

Dedede (in pic 2): OW! Dayum, Girl! Ya ain't got ta hit me like that!

You know, i was thinking something: with all those announcements done in time with release dates for the respective games, i wonder why the Pokémon Trainer didn't returned yet. At the Pokémon X/Y launch date we got a sneak peek of Xerneas (most likely an assist tophy), but there are not many Pokémon new announcements in the near future.

Of course it could be that PT created technical difficulties with the 3DS hardware and Sakurai could have pushed it to reveal some times later, but it's still strange.

Now, if it's not too much, mind you...would you like to bring back the "Fountain of Dreams" stage from Melee? I still want to recreate that boss battle. Thank you.

we got a Boxing Ring stage at least, so we can recreate that fight at least and thats good enough for me, altough Fountain of Dreams returning would be sweet aswell.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the note of Fountain of Dreams, I hope for past stages we get a bunch from all the games, not just Brawl (since Brawl only had Melee stages).

If they use the original graphics that'll be fine and nostalgic, but Hyrule Castle, Sector Z, Fountain of Dreams, Fourside and Pokéfloats would all look gorgeous with HD makeovers.  I'd also love Mushroom Kingdom N64 and Mushroom Kingdom II (oddly named as it is) to make a return, though HD wouldn't make a huge difference with those two.

Not sure what I'd bring back from Brawl.  There weren't all that many stages that were simultaneously pretty AND fun.

Seeing King Dedede's marvelous array of facial expressions has reminded me that I'm a bit disappointed in Sonic's (so far). It's been bothering me for a while, but his face seems to be the same most of the time. Occasionally he grins, but the brow stays locked in place... This may be because they're taking inspiration from more recent games, where Sonic's brow tends to stay in one place outside of CGI scenes. It's a shame though, because Brawl Sonic exhibited more variety and at times had some wonderful sass going on. To compare:

coxj.jpg

He looks kind of lifeless for Sonic in that last one; impatiently tapping his foot while... smiling? Perhaps it's early days and the team will breathe more life into him in the time between now and release? I don't know. The model looks great, but I wish that it showed a wider range of emotions.

Your sure your not talking about the top half being lifeless? Honestly sonic looks more bored in the brawl pics than expressive.

Your sure your not talking about the top half being lifeless? Honestly sonic looks more bored in the brawl pics than expressive.

He was specifically talking about the brow though.  Look at the shape of his eyes, they actually move in Brawl, while in WiiU/3DS thus far they look quite static.

• Thumbs Up 2

And Mewtwo!

Well Falcon imo is pretty much the spirit of Smash. Not having him in Smash would be like not having Ryu in SF. Mewtwo, whilst awesome isn't quite as essential an element imo.

He was specifically talking about the brow though.  Look at the shape of his eyes, they actually move in Brawl, while in WiiU/3DS thus far they look quite static.

Ah, good point. Maybe they'll add in the brow movement closer to release.