Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Regarding playable Warioware Reps, if there ever was one, I could totally imagine Jimmy T or Mona being weird enough to have inexplicable attacks referencing microgames (similar to Mr G&W's wacky moves).  Ashley, popular or not, is a bit too "serious weird" than regular weird like those two, so a Warioware celebrating moveset would be odd coming from her.

I just hope they remember to acknowledge the existence of the Wario Land series with more than Wario's Side+A this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, though he has no chance of representing Warioware as well as Mona or Jimmy, I'd love to see Orbulon be playable.

I doubt he'd even be considered as an assist. I can't really remember what he does anyway!

Well there goes the hopes of her being playable.

I personally think she would be the next best thing you could get for a Wario Ware rep. She has her broom, shes a witch so theres really a bunch of stuff you could do. But honestly Im not frustrated or saddened by it, quite happy shes an assist. and she looks so dang cute C:  

Also gotta love how troll-y Sakurai is, hes been debunking famous character requests one by one so casually, Skull Kid, Ridley (pretty much) and now Ashley : P or should I say Ashu-Ree ?.   Im expecting a Diddy Kong reveal for the release date of DKC Tropical Freeze in Japan.

I got a question for you all, since I don´t remember, do you know how many characters were revealed in Brawl, this far ahead in development? did we see the same-ish amount of characters revealed by now or even more / less ?

Since I'm at least 50 shades of bored I'm going to make a personal roster prediction for no reason. I'm 100% sure that I'll be wrong on some of this but hey a prediction's a prediction!!

Vets:

• Captain Falcon
  • Diddy Kong (I'm thinking will be the next character reveal)
  • Falco
  • Ganondorf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Jigglypuff
  • Lucas
  • Meta Knight
  • Mr Game & Watch
  • Ness
  • Pokémon Trainer (of some kind, could be a newcomer instead)
  • ROB
  • Sheik
  • Wario
  • Yoshi
  • Zero Suit Samus

I don't think Dr. Mario, Roy, Wolf, Snake or Young Link will return. Could be wrong about Wolf, and hopefully Dr. Mario will be a costume. I also honestly can't say if the others will return or not, whether Mewtwo, Ike and Lucario get replaced or not is anyone's guess at this point and I couldn't pretend to "predict" what'll happen there. I do think we will get a new Fire Emblem rep no matter what though.

Newcomers:

Again this is anyone's game now so I'm gonna mix some "likeliness" with a little bit of "wishful thinking".

• a new Pokémon character (possibly a different trainer, zoroark or mega lucario/mewtwo/charizard, but I don't think any Gen6 Pokémon will be playable outside of a trainer)
  • a new Fire Emblem character, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, or maybe Tharja, could maybe even see two new FE characters
  • a new Zelda character.. not so sure about this one though. Midna or Ghirahim?
  • Palutena (she makes sense)
  • a Golden Sun character (super wishful thinking)
  • Shulk (probably more likely than Golden Sun)
  • maybe a few others like Little Mac who know

I'm gonna say right now, I don't think we'll be getting newcomers under KIrby, StarFox, Metroid or F-Zero. That's just my guesstimate tho.

Ultimately I don't think there are gonna be many Newcomers this time.. maybe 10-12 tops, so 6-8 more on top of who we know, cause they have to make room for all the sexy veterans did I mention that Brawl's roster was already amazing enough. Losing some of those vets would be way worse than not having "cool Newcomer" imo.

Let me know what you think if you're as bored as I am 8^)

Why does everyone always bring up Tharja? So pointless, she serves no real plot purpose in the game. I definitely can see a third character addition, though I doubt they'd add two from Awakening (perhaps "Masked Marth" as an alt to Marth).

The character would probably be Chrom. Personally I think I'd rather have them make it Robin and keep Ike, and all of Robin's alternate costumes are different looks, including both male and female variants.

If they do add Chrom instead, he'd probably replace Ike. In this case I'd like to see Lyn be promoted to playable.

Also, wasn't Isaac an Assist Trophy in Brawl? Isaac would be an excellent addition and I think it'd be sweet if they added him as a playable character in this one.

For a new playable Zelda character... Midna or Ghirahim would not make sense; they'd probably pick a more recurring character. Impa would be the best choice (not like I haven't said that one before), but Vaati would be a good secondary. I can't imagine them picking anyone else.

"I'm gonna say right now, I don't think we'll be getting newcomers under KIrby, StarFox, Metroid or F-Zero. That's just my guesstimate tho."

StarFox I could imagine only if they replace Wolf and/or Falco with Krystal. I highly doubt that'll happen. Metroid, I could imagine one character, but Kirby and F-Zero are good, and no newcomers will come to Star Fox unless they remove some.

Magnus and Tharja then. :V

Even though I really, really, really, really want Magnus to be playable.

Agreed on this, although even then Tharja would probably only make it in as a sticker, MAYBE, just MAYBE a trophy. The Assist Trophy slots would go to other main characters in the series, like with Lyn in Brawl.

Why does everyone always bring up Tharja? So pointless, she serves no real plot purpose in the game.

Dude, exactly how many times have people been claiming that towards other characters that "serve no real purpose" and make it in anyway?

Not that I'm expecting Tharja to be in, and there's nothing wrong with not expecting anyone in particular, but you'd think after people said that about Rosalina, and especially after including characters like the WFT that we'd learn not to call character's "pointless" additions because we're not expecting them or for whatever reason we have.

Random thought, but I hope Kid Icarus joins the likes of Star Fox and Metal Gear Solid by having character chat easter eggs considering it has "radio communication" of a sort like Star Fox does.  I'm sure Sakurai will be a little biased towards putting neat KI stuff in.

• Thumbs Up 6

Random thought, but I hope Kid Icarus joins the likes of Star Fox and Metal Gear Solid by having character chat easter eggs considering it has "radio communication" of a sort like Star Fox does.  I'm sure Sakurai will be a little biased towards putting neat KI stuff in.

That would fill the empty space in my heart that was made when Sakurai said he didn't want to make a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel. ;_;

In all seriousness, the conversations in KI:U were one of my favorite things about the game, so I'd love to see that make it into Smash Bros in some way.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know I was thinking, since we have Twilight Princess Zelda in this game, could we also perhaps get a Twilight Princess stage again? I would quite like that personally, as there we're much more interesting areas I wanted to see. Obviously we wouldn't get Ordon Village or Castle Town due to Skylofts presence, but I wouldn't mind the Twilight Palace or the Mirror Chamber. Or even Hyrule Field itself.

3 stages from Zelda from 3 different games(Skyward Sword, Windwaker and Twilight Princess) wouldn't be too much imo. I mean we had like 4 Mario stages in Brawl, and Zelda is probably their second biggest franchise next to Mario.

So long as it doesn't affect Palutena's chances negatively..  I'd love that too. tongue.png

The Star Fox stages had a selection of convos to respect which characters were present and fighting on the stage so don't think that'll be an issue.

Well Sonic had those cheesy in-game lines during the levels.tongue.png

Oh god I had enough Deadly Six voices over gameplay in Lost World if they appear here I will cry

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh god I had enough Deadly Six voices over gameplay in Lost World if they appear here I will cry

Well I was mainly referring to the older games like the Adventure/Heroes era....or Eggmans PA's, but SURE LETS DO THIS ONE!>=D

None of the other franchises rely on voiced dialogue nearly as much.

I meant like some type of cool easter eggs, not all have to do with voice.

Well Sonic had those cheesy in-game lines during the levels.tongue.png

Sonic having that whole dialogue thing would just give me another excuse to never pick Windy Hill Zone so I'd be cool with that.

Sonic having that whole dialogue thing would just give me another excuse to never pick Windy Hill Zone so I'd be cool with that.

Had this been a Colors stage and it included Eggman's PA's, I know probably every Sonic fan would make that one of their first stages to play.

Had this been a Colors stage and it included Eggman's PA's, I know probably every Sonic fan would make that one of their first stages to play.

I know I would.

I mean, really, there were even better stages to choose from in Lost World itself than Windy fuckin Hill Zone. C'mon.

Everybody says Hades should be made playable, but you know what he should really be? A stage. You fight on top of Hades. He'd make witty remarks over the fight and stuff :U

• Thumbs Up 2

I would kill to see Tropical Coast make it in with a remix of Zone 2...

I'd like to see a stage that ISN'T from Lost World, in all honesty. I'd rather see a different Sonic game get representation on 3DS.

If Sonic does get a second stage on the 3DS version which game do you think it will end up being from? I'm inclined to think it'll probably be from Rush but I honestly don't know. I have a feeling it could be from a classic console Sonic game.

Same question for Megaman as well.

Wel Sakurai seems to want the 3DS version of the game to focus around the portable history of everything, so perhaps Rush? Or most likely, one of the stages from the DS ports of the console games.