Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Ok, can someone with good eyes tell if there are recognizable faces in the crowd in the background? It might give some clues.

It's just a generic crowd. At the very best you might be able to draw comparisons as to which generic crowd it resembles, but I seriously doubt they contain any intentional references.

Although really, the very fact that it's a boxing ring to begin with kinda speaks to me this is supposed to be a Punch Out stage.

tumblr_mz2l0tMWbl1sntotwo1_500.png

Ooh. This could make battles interesting.

Hmmmmmm....

6ifxc7.jpg

I can't be the only one who saw this at first.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that you mention it, I think I see him in there too in the front row.

Most likely isn't him, but it's fun to imagine, eh?

Now that you mention it, I think I see him in there too in the front row.

Most likely isn't him, but it's fun to imagine, eh?

Definitely isn't him. It's just a bunch of generic polygon people.

9adc9d0dd5f7901e0cc141d1e3606b35.png

Definitely isn't him. It's just a bunch of generic polygon people.

9adc9d0dd5f7901e0cc141d1e3606b35.png

>generic polygon people

>fighting polygon team

>super smash bros melee

>sonic and tails were rumoured for melee

>geno was rumoured for brawl

GENO CONFIRMED FOR SSB4!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 4

Hmm what if say Geno and say Little Mac and professor layton and Andy from Advance wars perhaps got put in smash as playable characters?

Geno is from a minor title from twenty years ago

This little fact is exactly why it's so hilarious how insane the Smash fandom was about him during the Brawl hype.

Somehow at least 90% of SmashBoards had fully convinced themselves he was a shoe-in, and I have no idea how that happened but I'm not kidding.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be cool if the boxing arena was filled with Nintendo characters. Like Toads, Piantas, random Kirby enemies, Pokemon, Animal Crossing characters, ect to make it more of a general Nintendo thing. Polygon people are so bland.

This little fact is exactly why it's so hilarious how insane the Smash fandom was about him during the Brawl hype.

Somehow at least 90% of SmashBoards had fully convinced themselves he was a shoe-in, and I have no idea how that happened but I'm not kidding.

Rob was kind of a minor thing (and pretty darn old at that) yet he still got in, just saying.

It would be cool if the boxing arena was filled with Nintendo characters. Like Toads, Piantas, random Kirby enemies, Pokemon, Animal Crossing characters, ect to make it more of a general Nintendo thing. Polygon people are so bland.

Actually, Punch Out for the Wii did the same thing which means LITTLE MAC IS PROBABLY IN THIS GAME AND THIS IS HIS STAGE 

OR PROBABLY NINTENDO IS JUST LAZY

MAYBE BOTH

• Thumbs Up 1

Rob was kind of a minor thing (and pretty darn old at that) yet he still got in, just saying.

He was, and I'm not rideculing people for wanting Geno or thinking he had a chance.

What I am ridiculing is the fact that almost the entire Smash Bros fandom thought there was no way he wouldn't get in.

He was, and I'm not rideculing people for wanting Geno or thinking he had a chance.

What I am ridiculing is the fact that almost the entire Smash Bros fandom thought there was no way he wouldn't get in.

Oh yeah definitely, back then I didn't even know why all the geno talk even started (maybe because of that beware the forest music track) and I really didn't even know who the character was til my cousin told me.

• Thumbs Up 1

The forest music track was found on the disc after the game came out so it's prolly not that. Also I think in the end it was a track from Mario & Luigi rather than the Mario RPG track people assumed it was.

Actually, Punch Out for the Wii did the same thing which means LITTLE MAC IS PROBABLY IN THIS GAME AND THIS IS HIS STAGE 

OR PROBABLY NINTENDO IS JUST LAZY

MAYBE BOTH

I'm almost certain that this is a Punch-Out stage, though that doesn't guarantee that Little Mac is in the game to correlate. I mean it's not like Animal Crossing or Electroplankton had reps to go with their stages in Brawl.

I kinda think the fact that the stage was revealed without a rep before it means that Little Mac won't be joining the Smash this time..

I can't think of an instance of a character's stage being revealed before a character in the past, can anyone else? The fact that they so nonchalantly revealed a Punch-Out stage without any fanfare makes me think it's just there. Who knows tho, I guess it's hard to really assume much when it comes to Sakurai-dono.

They revealed a Fire Emblem stage way back in the beginning. Marth wouldn't be announced until months later.

They revealed a Fire Emblem stage way back in the beginning. Marth wouldn't be announced until months later.

Oh yeah good point.. my mistake then!

I am a giddy goat.

Marth was never announced at all. He was an unlockable

Ike was revealed fairly early in the DOJO's lifespan, I think

Marth was never announced at all. He was an unlockable

Ike was revealed fairly early in the DOJO's lifespan, I think

I'm talking about the new game. Arena Ferox for the 3DS edition was revealed waaaay before Marth was announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marth was never announced at all. He was an unlockable Ike was revealed fairly early in the DOJO's lifespan, I think

Wraith is taking about Smash 4 not Brawl. How the Arena Ferox Fire Emblem stage was revealed well before Marth was.

Edit: lol ninjad

I'm talking about the new game. Arena Ferox for the 3DS edition was revealed waaaay before Marth was announced.

Ah, I thought you were talking about Castle Siege :<

On a tangential extent, we got the Mario Galaxy stage a month and a half before Rosalina, more-or-less the rep for the Galaxy subseries, was announced.