Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

On a tangential extent, we got the Mario Galaxy stage a month and a half before Rosalina, more-or-less the rep for the Galaxy subseries, was announced.

I wouldn't go that far, it would be plain weird to have Mario playable but have no Galaxy rep in terms of stages or music considering how huge Galaxy was for Nintendo, even if Rosalina wasn't playable in the end.

Rob was kind of a minor thing (and pretty darn old at that) yet he still got in, just saying.

ROB was a surprise, but he was actually pretty important in Nintendo's history. Worlds more than Geno was, anyway.
  • Thumbs Up 2

R.O.B. is the reason America even currently still has a gaming market at all.

Still a shit addition, but a better choice than Geno, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 7

The Arena Ferox stage is foreshadowing Chrom/Lucina.

BELIEVE

But really, Sakurai's been revealing characters separately from "their" stages. I don't really think people should count out potential newcomers based on what levels have or haven't been shown, unless there's a good reason (i.e, Ridley gets confirmed as a stage hazard).

• Thumbs Up 2

I still have a bit of hope for Ridley simply because he hasn't been shown off as a stage hazard yet. I mean the comment Sakurai made was vague enough to confirm that he's in the game, but didnt necessarily debunk the possibility of being playable. Sure, I might be clinging to a hopeless chance, but it's a chance all the same damnit.

On a tangential extent, we got the Mario Galaxy stage a month and a half before Rosalina, more-or-less the rep for the Galaxy subseries, was announced.

Galaxy isn't "Rosalina's stage". It's a Mario stage.The concept of "character" stages is completely baseless and I have no idea why people believe it so strongly. there were plenty of characters in both Melee and Brawl that didn't have a home stage at all. Fire Emblem didn't even have a single stage in Melee despite its two reps.

It's not exactly ludicrous to assume that certain characters inclusion in Smash also had an effect on what stages were added, i.e. Meta Knight - Halberd Stage.

Image of the day.  Showing more of the 3DS Rainbow Road track.

FBWCLeF.jpg

Miiverse quote: Watch out for the Shy Guys driving down Rainbow Road.

Mario Kart V2 anyone?

Rainbow Road's a touring stage, so its more PTAD 2.0/Mute City 3.0 than anything else.

And F-Zero keeps getting more irrelevant, lol

• Thumbs Up 3

Are you all ready for the King to return tomorrow!?

Naw cause I think he'll be revealed on Monday instead :P

And then they will announce Knuckle Joe.

Hilarity ensues.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm definitely getting this for my 3DSXL but what will the difference be between the 3DS and the Wii-U? (aside from graphics of course)

thunder_dance_by_thunderbolt_the_fox-d5o

I'm definitely getting this for my 3DSXL but what will the difference be between the 3DS and the Wii-U? (aside from graphics of course)

Will obvious one is that 3DS and Wii U will have different stages

And this Monday he told us about 3DS and Wii U will be getting different trophies.

When is that Kirby game coming out in US/CA?

I kinda wish they'd use Mario Kart characters who don't appear playable in Smash Bros going around the track, but I can admit having uniform ShyGuys does make for more visual clarity.

I do like the notion of each character having a home stage for All-Star mode and stuff (I dunno, appeals to some mini OCD-ish thing even though on another OCD-level it pained me that Big Blue and Big Blue alone (ignoring N64 stages) represented no-one in Melee) but yeah I'd don't consider them to be linked in any real way.  Make what stages you like then loosely assign "home turf" connections for each character in modes that benefit from doing such.  Of course Brawl did away with the home stage concept in all modes (which is a shame because it means some characterless stages like Pictochat and Electroplankton never show up in Single Player games) so I don't expect it this time by any means.

Actualy, here is a thought, what if the reason we havent seen Captian Falcon or any other F-zero stuff is because they have something big planned?! like a second character, or pairing it with the announcement of a New F-zero game?

Except Captain Falcon hasnt been revealed on the Brawl Dojo until after the game was out in Japan either. So thats doubtful.

Except Captain Falcon hasnt been revealed on the Brawl Dojo until after the game was out in Japan either. So thats doubtful.

Well when he did make a big appearance in Brawl. I mean his debut, he FALCON punch the shit out of a GIANT R.O.B.

Ridley

Geez Nintendoga, do ya gotta make your post so friggin' huge?

and then you do a magic edit so the joke  is lost WHATEVER MAN

• Thumbs Up 3