Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

DAMNIT. Ashley was the one Newcomer I really wanted. Nuts.

Well, I literally can't see anyone else being a second WarioWare rep than Ashley. Guess it's just Wario again this time?

DAMNIT. Ashley was the one Newcomer I really wanted. Nuts.

Well, I literally can't see anyone else being a second WarioWare rep than Ashley. Guess it's just Wario again this time?

Erm, Mona or Jimmy. T? Ashley is just really popular, she's not actually a main character unlike those two.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aww, Ashley's a cutie. :3 I haven't played any of the Warioware games with her in it but I always liked her design. It's a shame she's not playable though. Maybe Mona as a a second Wario rep? (We need more girls!)

Now she joins Starfy and Skull Kid as possible playable characters but NOPE. I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley ends up joining them too.

Erm, Mona or Jimmy. T? Ashley is just really popular, she's not actually a main character unlike those two.

I figured Ashley had the best shot, since she's not only very popular and has been getting more prominence in Ware games as a result, but has the most moveset potential in her magic and Red, that little devil guy. Another magic user would have been great.

Mona, I guess I can see some moveset potential there, what with all her different jobs, but Jimmy T.? Really?

I figured Ashley had the best shot, since she's not only very popular and has been getting more prominence in Ware games as a result, but has the most moveset potential in her magic and Red, that little devil guy. Another magic user would have been great.

Mona, I guess I can see some moveset potential there, what with all her different jobs, but Jimmy T.? Really?

Jimmy has looooooads of potential for a move set, for starters he loves Disco, there's so much you can do with that alone without taking all the other zany Wario Ware shit into consideration.

Seriously, him and Mona would probably be some of the easier characters to incorporate into this game.

So WarioWare has an Assist Trophy, yet Wario hasn't been announced yet? Guess he's just about confirmed then.

Since I'm at least 50 shades of bored I'm going to make a personal roster prediction for no reason. I'm 100% sure that I'll be wrong on some of this but hey a prediction's a prediction!!

Vets:

• Captain Falcon
  • Diddy Kong (I'm thinking will be the next character reveal)
  • Falco
  • Ganondorf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Jigglypuff
  • Lucas
  • Meta Knight
  • Mr Game & Watch
  • Ness
  • Pokémon Trainer (of some kind, could be a newcomer instead)
  • ROB
  • Sheik
  • Wario
  • Yoshi
  • Zero Suit Samus

I don't think Dr. Mario, Roy, Wolf, Snake or Young Link will return. Could be wrong about Wolf, and hopefully Dr. Mario will be a costume. I also honestly can't say if the others will return or not, whether Mewtwo, Ike and Lucario get replaced or not is anyone's guess at this point and I couldn't pretend to "predict" what'll happen there. I do think we will get a new Fire Emblem rep no matter what though.

Newcomers:

Again this is anyone's game now so I'm gonna mix some "likeliness" with a little bit of "wishful thinking".

• a new Pokémon character (possibly a different trainer, zoroark or mega lucario/mewtwo/charizard, but I don't think any Gen6 Pokémon will be playable outside of a trainer)
  • a new Fire Emblem character, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, or maybe Tharja, could maybe even see two new FE characters
  • a new Zelda character.. not so sure about this one though. Midna or Ghirahim?
  • Palutena (she makes sense)
  • a Golden Sun character (super wishful thinking)
  • Shulk (probably more likely than Golden Sun)
  • maybe a few others like Little Mac who know

I'm gonna say right now, I don't think we'll be getting newcomers under KIrby, StarFox, Metroid or F-Zero. That's just my guesstimate tho.

Ultimately I don't think there are gonna be many Newcomers this time.. maybe 10-12 tops, so 6-8 more on top of who we know, cause they have to make room for all the sexy veterans did I mention that Brawl's roster was already amazing enough. Losing some of those vets would be way worse than not having "cool Newcomer" imo.

Let me know what you think if you're as bored as I am 8^)

Same could be said for G&W and Ice Climbers in Melee, but they represented an important part of Nintendo history and had some of the most original movesets in the franchise.

I think ROB's definitely coming back because not only is he iconic he's hella fun and unique to play as. Still I could be wrong but I always got the feeling that he was one of Brawl's more important secrets despite his mixed reception.

I honestly can't see ROB coming back. Practically no one liked his inclusion in Brawl.

Says you, I thought ROB was awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? I was under the impression people loved G&W and Ice Climbers

People thought they were stupid/pointless/nobodies at first, but people love them now.

I think people hated ROB because in the lead up to Brawl people had convinced themselves it'd have over 40 slots with no clones, then there was a big roster leak that revealed clones like Wolf with clone final smashes, deconfirmed faves like Mewtwo and Roy.. people really hoped it wasn't real, and reassured themselves by saying "ROB's a stupid choice who makes literally no sense, there's no way this is real."

The moment the game was leaked in full and people discovered ROB, there was a big "it's over.. the crappy roster is real" mentality on SmashBoards and places like that. Eventually people got over it, but yeah I genuinely think the Smash fandom hated ROB because he signified a roster that initially disappointed a lot of people (with expectations that were too high). I think people are probably over it now, he's cool and fun to play as and Brawl's roster is honestly really damn good.

super_smash_bros__wii_u_3ds_alternate_co

It's fan made, but I will say this: If they do alternate costumes, I can see a few of these happening.  Specifically Mario's characters, Toon Link, Fox, Vilager and Sonic.

Samus I would expect to have a dark Samus skin, while Link would have his clothes from the beginning of Twilight Princess or something. Pit technically already had Dark pits palette, and Olimar can get one of the other captains.

Don't know about Megaman....perhaps just him without his hemet? Or a X costume?

Too bad Sakurai isn't open to the idea of DLC, A Nurse Peach alt would be nice.

Sweet_Peach_Nurse__heart__by_sergevirusx

biggrin.png

Personaly I am a fan of ROB and Wolf, however I wasnt in the pre brawl hype period, ought to be interesting to see what happens this time around

When it comes to new fighter reveals, I actually look forward to characters I don't expect more than the characters I do. Mostly because I don't know who they are and I become curious to how they can work. Like when the Ice Climbers were revealed in Melee. Heck, that game was the first time I ever heard of them! And while I can't really used them well, I definitely think that they were an interesting choice.

Same can be said with characters I knew about, but wasn't sure of how they could fit in Smash. Like Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, R.O.B. and Mr. Game and Watch. It only makes me happy that I was proven wrong and even more anixous to try them out and see what they can do.

The only thing that tops these moments for me are when my favorite characters are confirmed. Especially the obscure ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

I definitely think we can expect a reveal for Yoshi and a DK character (probably Diddy Kong but hey if they wanna replace him with Cranky or something then that's a-ok by me) to coincide with the release of Yoshi's New Island and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze respectively. I can't think of any other upcoming games starring any veterans so I guess they'll just be revealed sporadically when we least expect it, though I imagine Wario can't be far off now if Ashley has been shown off as an Assist Trophy.

As for ROB being in the game... ehhh, I'm indifferent. He was a unique character for sure, but I hardly ever used him and I never found him to be that appealing... though I do completely understand and respect that he's a part of Nintendo history, and if I'm happy for Sakurai to give a character slot to the almost-clone Toon Link then I suppose I can't be too upset about them giving one to an original character too.

Either way, I've got Sonic and Rosalina to play as, so I'm happy :P

I am willing to bet money (like 2 whole pounds) that Diddy Kong will be revealed on Feb 13th (or 14th). Kinda doubt we'll see anyone else before that.

that, and he wasnt Ridley.

Personally? when I heard "ROB was in" I literally thought "Huh? ROB form StarFox? Really?", but then I saw  him and was all "oh, cool" so I'm cool with ROB.

Too bad Sakurai isn't open to the idea of DLC, A Nurse Peach alt would be nice.

actually, Sakurai is open to the idea of DLC just hasnt had the time to think about it yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh. I think we're going to get Fox and Wolf (or Falco, so one of these will be scrapped), Marth, Lucina and possibly a third rep for FE, ROB may return since G&W did in Brawl but I don't think we'll see Lucario, Lucas or Snake return.

Personally, I hope Lucario is not replaced with Zoroark since I can't imagine how his unique transforming ability will be implemented. I just want to see Mewtwo return with a Mega evo form FS, preferably Y.

Ah, Ashley is an assist trophy? Cool! I guess that also kind of confirms Wario is returning, not that I doubted that. Would've been cool if she was playable, she's probably (one of) my favorite WarioWare characters, but I'm not disappointed.

Ridley isn't at all comparablee to these characters

Magnus and Tharja then. :V

Even though I really, really, really, really want Magnus to be playable.