Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Even though it's not like we're entitled to anything, I'm still bracing for the filler updates of various trophies haha. That aside, if so, it'd be neat to see some things in a new model. Definitely better than random screen shots of nothingness (even though I don't really complain much at those either).

I'm really hoping they're saving a multitude of one-off characters for the game release/near launch. For some reason those are always the most interesting to me. I like Rosalina and all, but seeing the quirky additions that sorta broaden the horizon of Nintendo reps are more exciting for me than a single series getting a bunch of side characters. Again they're still neat but wouldn't be nearly as exciting as say, Little Mac or Chibi Robo or something got announced. After some thought and stuffs, I'd actually be really excited if Miis are playable characters, and sorta hard to imagine them not at this point. They've literally become the staple image between both Wii U and 3DS through Miiverse and Streetpass and all that jazz, there's no way they couldn't be playable this time around. Very bare minimum I'm thinking would be the new "Polygon" fighters for those side-modes.

• Thumbs Up 2

I REALLY like that idea! I hope they are playable in the main game, but if not they would miss a trick by not having them as the polygon/wireframe/alloy equivalent. It could take miis from your place, parade or even the miiverse community.

And for 3DS have it so you can setup Streetpass (maybe have it so you setup the stage to fight on and maybe things like rules and item generation) and then you could have a " challenger approaching" screen for each Streetpass you get?

I'm glad we got confirmation of trophies! It's cool that we'll have two bunches but I am a bit sad that some trophies/characters may never see the light of day on a home console in HD and stuff.

Also if Isaac turns out to be not playable I guess the 3DS version will have Golden Sun trophies and the Wii U version probably won't.. sob. Now I want even more for Isaac to be playable, I wanna see Golden Sun characters in HD!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh nice, so we get two sets of trophies! I hope there's at least one special trophy too for owning both versions of the game if there's a way of connecting both games.

• Thumbs Up 1

But like what about home console characters? I know they'll have an olimar and Wii fit trainer trophy but will they have some of their series in the 3DS? 

We will see I guess.

So what Sonic related trophies can we expect on the 3DS version? I never played any rush titles i'm sorta blank on this one.

They might bring some olympic related trophies too

Mii's would be nice, it can be like "MII LOGS IN" or "Mii, Signs up for battle!" Then, they have the Mii artwork. It would have Mii with Smash characters in Mii form. Just throwing ideas  lol

So what Sonic related trophies can we expect on the 3DS version? I never played any rush titles i'm sorta blank on this one.

Didn't he just say handhelds? We may get some Advance love, although I'm not expecting a lot, although Brawl got a fair amount of Sonic love in trophy form, even Jet got into the mix with his own trophy, so that would be cool.

But like what about home console characters? I know they'll have an olimar and Wii fit trainer trophy but will they have some of their series in the 3DS? 

We will see I guess.

My guess is that for characters who are only on home or portable, we'll be seeing trophies from their game but not as many as on the other version. For example, Olimar will get basic trophies on the 3DS version and maybe a few trophies for the Pikmin themselves or main characters, but the Pikmin series in general will have a lot more trophies on the Wii U version. That's my guess.

Still I kinda hope each version gets good trophies from every series even if that series isn't on handheld/home console. I really wanna see HD Pokémon, Kid Icarus and Golden Sun trophies on the Wii U version, even though those series' are mostly handheld.

its been awhile since i've played advance, But I have a feeling the robot from Advance 3 will be there,

Oh, I'm pretty sure they'll have that robot pirate from sonic rush adventure right?

Wisp will most likely show, and some iitems like Rings item boxes and all that stuff. I wonder if they'll have the deadly six as one trophy or 6 separate.

I'm glad we got confirmation of trophies! It's cool that we'll have two bunches but I am a bit sad that some trophies/characters may never see the light of day on a home console in HD and stuff.

Also if Isaac turns out to be not playable I guess the 3DS version will have Golden Sun trophies and the Wii U version probably won't.. sob. Now I want even more for Isaac to be playable, I wanna see Golden Sun characters in HD!!

I agree on this, even if I have only played one golden sun game, its ripe for a rep, same with advance wars

Also wouldnt Saria also get a HD trophy on the wii-u version? I mean OoT was originaly on the N64

I agree on this, even if I have only played one golden sun game, its ripe for a rep, same with advance wars

Also wouldnt Saria also get a HD trophy on the wii-u version? I mean OoT was originaly on the N64

It's possible yeah, maybe the 3DS trophy is just her 3DS version and she'll have an HD version on Wii U.

But estimating things about trophies is like impossible considering how unpredictable they were in Melee and Brawl. Tons of characters just got model rips from other games but a bunch got new models for trophies for no reason. That's not a guessing game anyone is going to win.

My guess is that for characters who are only on home or portable, we'll be seeing trophies from their game but not as many as on the other version. For example, Olimar will get basic trophies on the 3DS version and maybe a few trophies for the Pikmin themselves or main characters, but the Pikmin series in general will have a lot more trophies on the Wii U version. That's my guess.

Still I kinda hope each version gets good trophies from every series even if that series isn't on handheld/home console. I really wanna see HD Pokémon, Kid Icarus and Golden Sun trophies on the Wii U version, even though those series' are mostly handheld.

We will have a bunch from the pokeballs but it'd still be nice to see some more, and kid icarus was on a console  once, but will most likely see them in 3DS version.

I'd personally like an Advanced War's assist trophy more, can you imagine calling in a sprite army and bombarding the stage. And since you can avoid assist trophies if you're good enough, perhaps make the bombing area marked by a target marker and give the people a few seconds to get away from the area.

My guess is that the 3DS version will get stuff like Marine, Whisker and the Mother Wisp for Sonic trophies whilst the Wii U version gets things like Dark Gaia and all that HD goodness.

I'd personally like an Advanced War's assist trophy more, can you imagine calling in a sprite army and bombarding the stage. And since you can avoid assist trophies if you're good enough, perhaps make the bombing area marked by a target marker and give the people a few seconds to get away from the area.

Wasn't there already an assist trophy based on advance wars in brawl?

Yeah, it was actually pretty useful too.

Yeah but not how I pictured it, I wanted it to do a zoom in on the art work of the commander, shouting out where to attack, then a reign of hellfire to where she commanded to attack basically. The one in Brawl was too much like Excite Bikes, with extra projectiles.

Awww Saria's the first trophy revealed... :D I just love Saria, somehow she's remained my favorite Zelda character all these years. ^^

I seriously can't wait to play as the dream team (Sonic, Mario, & Mega Man).

• Thumbs Up 3

I seriously can't wait to play as the dream team (Sonic, Mario, & Mega Man).

Me too!

Anyway, I had a thought: in the original Smash Bros, we got the Fighting Polygon Team, and in Melee, we got the Fighting Wireframe Team. In Brawl, we got the Fighting Alloy Team. So, in this new Smash Bros, for the Multi-Man mode, what kind of team will we get this time around?

• Thumbs Up 1

Emerl perhaps?

He'd launch copied enemies' attacks right back at them.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what Sonic related trophies can we expect on the 3DS version?

Emerl perhaps?

He'd launch copied enemies' attacks right back at them.

What are you getting at? The whole discussion since the pic of Saria is about trophies; the collectables you can find... NOT Assist trophies; the trophies that can be picked up off the ground and a random character pops up in a similar situation to Pokeballs.

Emerl would be a likely choice on the 3DS, but its highly unlikely that he'd be an Assist Trophy. Like with characters I anticipate Assist Trophies mostly being the same on both versions (perhaps with some exclusives). In the case of a Sonic Assist Trophy, like with Brawl, Sonic isn't likely to get any more than one Assist Trophy; two if they have separate Assist Trophies per version, unless they greatly increase the number of overall Assist Trophies in general (which as I recall didn't add up to nearly as much as the Pokemon that popped out of Pokeballs).

Me too!

Anyway, I had a thought: in the original Smash Bros, we got the Fighting Polygon Team, and in Melee, we got the Fighting Wireframe Team. In Brawl, we got the Fighting Alloy Team. So, in this new Smash Bros, for the Multi-Man mode, what kind of team will we get this time around?

Hopefully something a bit different that make them more interesting, Someone mention Mii's as the fighting team, but I'd rather have them playable..

Maybe this time will get astral wave beings as fighters in multi man, that one seems the most plausible to me.

Maybe this time will get astral wave beings as fighters in multi man, that one seems the most plausible to me.

That would be cool. I don't see why it shouldn't happen, so yeah.

Hopefully something a bit different that make them more interesting, Someone mention Mii's as the fighting team, but I'd rather have them playable..

Same here. I would rather have the Mii be playable rather than having them as the new fighting team.

I wonder what the next fighting team will be. I didn't like the fighting alloys. They just didn't have that charm Fighting Polygons and Fighting Wire-Frames had.