Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Ganon and Bowser's suicide attacks are pretty useful when you have a stock up on the other guy.

at least it's possible to counter Bowser's move since you can flip around, I think you jump off if it happens? I'm not sure.

at least it's possible to counter Bowser's move since you can flip around, I think you jump off if it happens? I'm not sure.

It depends on the damage percentage; the less a character's percentage is, the more control they'll have over bowser's slam and vice versa.

Not too high I'd guess.. it's best not to think too much of what Sakurai says cause he is a bit trolly, and in the same way it's best to keep expectations in check.

Still can't get over the time he said "I have nothing to announce today regarding Pokémon X and Y. Really!"

MAN.

Not too high I'd guess.. it's best not to think too much of what Sakurai says cause he is a bit trolly, and in the same way it's best to keep expectations in check.

Still can't get over the time he said "I have nothing to announce today regarding Pokémon X and Y. Really!"

MAN.

hmmm perhaps he will finaly clear the air about that mysterious antler pic of that deer pokemon

Well actually, in Japan right now it's still Holiday Season, so that's why the daily pics still haven't resumed.

I don't think we'll get anything "special" just to compensate for sakurai getting the week off, guys. A break is a break.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm not really looking for "compensation", I just figured Sakurai would want to come back strong or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything.

Probably a small info on something,  at least he gave us Zelda before he left.

The way he does these pic of the day, it can be anything so, the pic of the days has really gotten interesting.

I do hope we see more pictures of the day this week. If I recall, someone named Razor Wind said this:

The Siliconera article mentioned that Sakurai was back at work after his day off Sunday/yesterday.

So, it's just the "pic of the day" that's on hiatus until next week. Instead of vesting time to think of a scenario to use as a photo, Sakurai and his team is using that time to focus on the game further, particularly Bowser's balance.

If this is anything to go by, maybe we will see some new pictures this week.

Or better yet, more new moves from the veterans

You know, that would be cool, actually. I would like to see if the other veterans have some new moves this time around, if they have any. I just wonder what kind of new moves we may see.

Yeah I doubt it'll be anything major a reveal, through I'm hoping for something related to Pokemon sooner or later.

Pic of the day will be back Jan 6th. Sakurai's post on Miiverse confirmed it once the hiatus began. 

The pic of the day that runs Monday through Friday will be on break starting Dec. 27. I'll be back on Jan. 6, so I hope everyone has a happy new year!!» 27.Dec.2013

I'll probably be up for it. I'm not really expecting the first post of the new year to be too mind-blowing, though.

I know the update could be anything, but I would really like if was a music sample. Besides the character updates, those were some of my favorite updates from the Brawl Smash Dojo.

Pic of the day will be back Jan 6th. Sakurai's post on Miiverse confirmed it once the hiatus began. 

I'll probably be up for it. I'm not really expecting the first post of the new year to be too mind-blowing, though.

Same here. I still look forward to the other updates in the later days of this week.

Now that make me wonder if the connectivity between the two versions is getting a version specific trophy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still kinda hope that the trophies are animated this time around, I was though the little animations the idols in Kid Icarus Uprising were really cool. I mean it's a trivial little feature, but still super neat to me.

Well, it is something new, technically. New content for Smash 4. See, first pic of the year delivers after all.

Maybe we'll get rep from series that never saw the light of day in trophies now that there will be a handheld category and a home-console category. The Mario & Luigi series is the biggest example I can think of for that.

There's something rather fitting how Saria is the first confirmed Trophy. She's not too specific to the point of making one think Nintendo dug into the barrel and picked one at random, nor is she obvious enough to make one think she'd get more in Smash beyond just being a Trophy. Truly, a perfect match.

You know, the downside to this is that we probably won't get to see some beloved characters from handheld games in HD on the Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1