Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

You can still land a Falcon Punch if you set it up properly. It's just not the type of move you can constantly spam and hope to accomplish anything.

Of course you can, but the likelihood is that much less.

Either way I probably wouldn't even risk trying to pull a Falcon Punch in a good 1v1 fight considering missing could lead to dire results, but it depends on how you do it, I guess.

The Falcon Punch is too punishable and slow to set up.or falcon punishable hAHAHAH. I'd never use it unless its for a joke or something.

Besides, we all know Falcon's best move is the Knee of Justice.

tumblr_lsvhicfz4X1qhixnvo1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

It would be great to have Falcon Punch be a combo finisher like it was in the first Smash.

At the very least, cut the startup time for the move back to Smash 64's speed. Falcon Punch was noticeably faster on startup in the first game.

The Falcon Punch is too punishable and slow to set up.or falcon punishable hAHAHAH. I'd never use it unless its for a joke or something.

If its set up right, the punch can still be used for a good take out move, especially if its when someone is recovering from getting knocked off the stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

He means that you're more likely to hit a falcon punch in 4 player battles when the other players are distracted with eachother. I've never hit a Falcon or Ganon Punch in 1 on 1 but I've landed them alot in 4 player fights. I just show up out of nowhere and bam! Everyones dead!

Stupid me, I read that wrong for some reason, 

I see what you mean now.

I guess it happens with every character  using their fully charged smash attack, I hardly charge it fully in 1v1.

I'm dying of laughter right now!!!!!!!! THIS MADE MY DAY!

What a clever clip, this made me laugh hard.

I agree too, that move is powerful

Zelda has it too.

If its set up right, the punch can still be used for a good take out move, especially if its when someone is recovering from getting knocked off the stage.

I'm not so sure about that, I think the knee is still the better move in that situation. Its faster, and if you sweetspot it (which is very easy to do) its pretty much a guarteed KO. It has more mobility too.

That move is better because you can jump up to the characters (Especially the floaty ones) and finish them off and being able to get back on the ground safely, try doing that with a Falcon punch, and survive. M

That move is better because you can jump up to the characters (Especially the floaty ones) and finish them off and being able to get back on the ground safely, try doing that with a Falcon punch, and survive. M

Well I'm terrible at edgeguarding and with C. Falcon sooo yeahh.

Well I'm terrible at edgeguarding and with C. Falcon sooo yeahh.

It's weird how many people can sweet spot that move almost all the time! Same with Zelda players

So, considering that there was no update today on the Smash Bros site, I take it we won't get a new update on the site for this week, huh?

The Siliconera article mentioned that Sakurai was back at work after his day off Sunday/yesterday.

So, it's just the "pic of the day" that's on hiatus until next week. Instead of vesting time to think of a scenario to use as a photo, Sakurai and his team is using that time to focus on the game further, particularly Bowser's balance.

The Siliconera article mentioned that Sakurai was back at work after his day off Sunday/yesterday.

So, it's just the "pic of the day" that's on hiatus until next week. Instead of vesting time to think of a scenario to use as a photo, Sakurai and his team is using that time to focus on the game further, particularly Bowser's balance.

Yeah, I had that figured out shortly before you said it.

To me the Falcon Punch is the most punishing attack to catch someone off guard who is rushing towards you, otherwise it's useless and only hits if you're incredibly lucky with your timing during a battle, people often abuse it after launching a high damage opponent off the stage and wait for them to jump back, and hit them with a Falcon Punch as soon as they recover to the stage.

Reverse Falcon Punching actually makes for a good edgeguard if you catch them before they grab the edge - they can't block it, and probably can't afford airdodging because that would mean impacting or outright ditching their chance of recovery. And most characters will gravitate towards roughly the same spot when recovering anyway, which makes aiming a pretty moot point once you get some practice.

It's a good alternative to using a smash attack in midair too, provided you can't get in close enough for a knee. Most other times it's flashiness for flashiness's sake, and there's really nothing wrong with that.

Falcon Punch may be too slow to use in 1vs1, but in a 4 player brawl, it's easy to get caught off gaurd and sent flying by it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reverse Falcon Punching actually makes for a good edgeguard if you catch them before they grab the edge - they can't block it, and probably can't afford airdodging because that would mean impacting or outright ditching their chance of recovery. And most characters will gravitate towards roughly the same spot when recovering anyway, which makes aiming a pretty moot point once you get some practice.

It's a good alternative to using a smash attack in midair too, provided you can't get in close enough for a knee. Most other times it's flashiness for flashiness's sake, and there's really nothing wrong with that.

I hope they keep the reverse FP, its a nice fake out move and in some situations it  can actually make the falcon punch pretty darn viable.

Since where on the topic of captain falcon I hope they change ganondorfs move set so he won't be a falcon clone

Since where on the topic of captain falcon I hope they change ganondorfs move set so he won't be a falcon clone

Yes, especially since Ganon is known for wielding all kinds of weopons and magic, including his signature Thunderball.

Through the only move I think he should keep is the Forward B move which he grabs you and explodes energy in your face, or in the air he grabs you and slams you down hard.