Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Does being second party disqualify it? I believe a few series in Smash Bros are.

nope especialy since its by the same people who make fire emblem, and they have had reps, it also had an assit trophy in Brawl

Andy would be pretty cool actually. Though I always imagined him fighting with his wrench. Snake's moveset could work, I guess. He'd lose Snake's reach, though.

Doesn't Nintendo have that Wars series? Would make a hell of s lot more sense to pull someone from there for Snake's moveset rather than slap it on someone like Slippy.

An Advance Wars character might make more sense? Doesn't mean Slippy doesn't. He's the one who develops the team's weapons.

An Advance Wars character might make more sense? Doesn't mean Slippy doesn't. He's the one who develops the team's weapons.

He would also be the total troll character...

Also, Nintendo wars covers Advance Wars, Battalion wars, and a couple other titles

Has he ever actually fought with guns and grenades and missile launchers though? It seems like it would be pretty jarring on Slippy.

I can just see how horrendous the backlash would be if they made Slippy a clone of Snake.

An overwhelming majority absolutely loathe Slippy. Imagine him being a clone of a huge gaming icon.

Has he ever actually fought with guns and grenades and missile launchers though? It seems like it would be pretty jarring on Slippy.

Assault multiplayer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone in this topic play Star Fox Assault?

Yep, and he made ROB's Arms able to stretch out, and him work, oh and yeah he is the weapons guy, oh and Peppy is appearently terrible with Transporters

Even if you discount Assault, neither Fox, Wolf, or Falco's movesets are based on anything they've done in the games. Slippy wouldn't be any different really.

Well heres a thought, what if they took a Drunken Master approach? Have Slippy Know all the weapons really well, and them be useful, but extremely clumsy, but that being an advantage? like the rocket launcher sending him backwards? or aimed downward launching him into the air as a recovery? There is a lot of fun ways you could do it, like his run attack involve him well, slipping

Or a dodge where he slips while throwing a gernade

Even though its extremely unlikely I hope we get a playable custom robo in this game (most likely Ray 01) i'm pretty sure that game was first party maybe but I guess I would be happy enough if he just came back as an assist.

• Thumbs Up 1

Custom Robo is made by Noise. It's a second-party series contracted with a third-party company.

Ray MK III was in Brawl as an assist Trophy, it'll probably be in again.

Custom Robo is made by Noise. It's a second-party series contracted with a third-party company.

Ray MK III was in Brawl as an assist Trophy, it'll probably be in again.

Because we all know a Showdown Between ROB and a Giant killer attack robot would be the epitome of EPIC

Fun fact: Custom Robos are less than a foot tall. They're toys in every game except Battle Revolution.

ooookkk, didnt know that.... Why havent they been in SSB yet, they sound perfect for it XD

Still what about Ray mk3 VS ROB

Although it's not like scale means anything in smash bros. Olimar is only about 2 inches tall in the Pikmin universe.

Exactly.

But Ridley is still too big.

• Thumbs Up 8

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/30/sakurai-importance-balancing-next-super-smash-bros/

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Sakurai talks about Bowser and game balance. He discusses the difficulties of balancing moves for both 4 player matches and 1 on 1 games. And apparently he wants to complete the game for Smash Bros' 15th anniversary. (which was mentioned later in the same issue)

He might actually balance them for competitively oriented fights, I have high hopes for the game's balance now.