Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Plus there's no denying that he's iconic. Konami may have Bomberman but I'm sure they'd consider Snake to be more iconic (which makes me cry because I want Bomberman to be in Smash but I know that if Konami have to choose between Bomberman and Snake they'll choose Snake every time)

Konami have a lot of franchises with enough history with Nintendo to be included. Even moreso, each one of them has a wide enough array of moves that they would essentially build their own Smash kit without much improvisation (see: Captain Falcon).

But yeah, Snake will always be chosen as their representative even if he's technically the least storied on Nintendo consoles.

(Since when did Konami have Bomberman? Isn't he Hudson?)

Konami have a lot of franchises with enough history with Nintendo to be included. Even moreso, each one of them has a wide enough array of moves that they would essentially build their own Smash kit without much improvisation (see: Captain Falcon).

But yeah, Snake will always be chosen as their representative even if he's technically the least storied on Nintendo consoles.

(Since when did Konami have Bomberman? Isn't he Hudson?)

MGS is practically the only thing Konami does right anymore and that's largely due to Kojima so they probably would use him whenever they can to make sure his popularity never plummets.

And well, ever wonder why Hudson have been so quiet for so long? :(

Konami bought them out about 3 years ago, they've done nothing but sit on Hudson ever since. All of Hudson's history-steeped IPs are more or less dead now thanks to Konami. The last time Bomberman saw the light of day was an overpriced minimal battle mode app on iOS like 2 years ago.

[P]lenty of players aren't too big on third party characters in general.

I honestly find this hard to be true. Especially since Mega Man and Sonic are some of the most highly requested characters in the history of the Smash Bros. franchise.

It's hard to tell (especially with 3 characters all bunched up), but it looks like he lands, start to drop through the platform on his own, and then immediately get hit.

A4CWxUn.gif

I kinda see it, it looks like he drops down first, then he gets hit. You can see the colors appearing after he drops, So ya, we can drop through the plane I guess. Probably not final.

He said Plenty. Not Majority.

It can't be that staggering of an amount given the extreme amount of hype surrounding the reveal of both characters in their respective Smash Bros. games.

Hell, Sonic is the only veteran to get his own teaser trailer in Smash Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 2

MGS is practically the only thing Konami does right anymore and that's largely due to Kojima so they probably would use him whenever they can to make sure his popularity never plummets.

And well, ever wonder why Hudson have been so quiet for so long? sad.png

Konami bought them out about 3 years ago, they've done nothing but sit on Hudson ever since. All of Hudson's history-steeped IPs are more or less dead now thanks to Konami. The last time Bomberman saw the light of day was an overpriced minimal battle mode app on iOS like 2 years ago.

Yeah and its a shame... they havent even shown any public acknowledgement towars them either

I honestly find this hard to be true. Especially since Mega Man and Sonic are some of the most highly requested characters in the history of the Smash Bros. franchise.

And yet I still see people saying they wish Sonic weren't in (I've yet to see someone say they specifically didn't want Mega Man). Some just see it as a Nintendo crossover, first and foremost, and don't want characters from other companies muddling that. This is also probably why plenty of people try to justify a third-party request with how related the character is to Nintendo's history.

Again, like Goomy said, I'm not talking about a majority here. But I've seen enough people saying these sorts of things on various forums to take notice. 

I'm not sure Snake will return. If he does however, eh, I'll be surprised but okay then. And if not...eh.

I don't really care for Snake and while his moveset was very unique, I felt he was just a bit out of place in Brawl (actually, I think he'd feel even more out of place in this game!). Besides those mediocre NES games and the remakes, he has no history with Nintendo. Not compared to Megaman anyway. Sonic is a special case because of his rivalry and most of his games being best sellers on a Nintendo console.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind if Snake returned, but he's actually one of the few characters I find hard to imagine doing so this time around. If he doesn't, I won't really be surprised.

Like Gabz said, he'd probably feel more out of place in this particular installment if he came back. It's hard to explain, but I feel like this SSB is trying to achieve a more "Nintendo-y" vibe this time around with its richer color palettes and simpler models, as opposed to Brawl's darker, more realistic and "epic" feel. An atmosphere like Brawl's definitely suited Snake more, but I'm not sure if this current one would based on what we've seen.

He's gonna look too human if he returns ( If that makes sense), I'd laugh if he returns, he's a funny character but not one of my best characters, 

I'm not sure Snake will return. If he does however, eh, I'll be surprised but okay then. And if not...eh.

I don't really care for Snake and while his moveset was very unique, I felt he was just a bit out of place in Brawl (actually, I think he'd feel even more out of place in this game!). Besides those mediocre NES games and the remakes, he has no history with Nintendo. Not compared to Megaman anyway. Sonic is a special case because of his rivalry and most of his games being best sellers on a Nintendo console.

Ever since Dreamcast died Sonic found a second home on Nintendo consoles, and he's always sold best on Nintendo consoles since then as well. Mega Man has been around on Nintendo consoles far longer on Sonic, as that's where Mega Man made his home early on, but later on they started focusing less on Nintendo consoles, releasing Mega Man multiplatform far more often, although he still did have plenty of releases on Nintendo, too.

Of course, recently Mega Man has had next-to-nothing in general.

Ever since Dreamcast died Sonic found a second home on Nintendo consoles, and he's always sold best on Nintendo consoles

The exception to the rule is Sonic 4: Episode I, which sold the least copies on WiiWare. It was actually PSN that the game sold the best on, with XBLA in second (iOS sales was not counted when the report came out). Though that can arguably be chalked up to WiiWare being an unpopular platform with all of it's restrictions.

no one cares about Sonic 4

lol

Though I'd be surprised not to hear either the original Splash Hill or that Olympics version with a load of guitar bashing as an unlockable track for Windy Hill. God I hate Splash Hill Act 1's music... Act 3 can play until the cows come home though.

Snake was such a great character because he was so out of place among the rest of the cast. Seeing such a serious character brawling with the colourful Nintendo cast just made him so much more appealing.

Plus he has one of the most unique movesets in the game and there's no other character who could take his place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Snake was such a great character because he was so out of place among the rest of the cast. Seeing such a serious character brawling with the colourful Nintendo cast just made him so much more appealing.

Plus he has one of the most unique movesets in the game and there's no other character who could take his place.

not entirely true, there have been a couple characters in nintendo history who could implement similar movesets, trick is finding them

The Metal Gear series has always had major goofiness slipped in between the all of the serious stuff. It's one of the most recognizable things about Metal Gear, honestly.

And as far as getting a Nintendo character to replace Snake, uh.. Slippy?

• Thumbs Up 5

Dark Samus could easily replace Snake considering Dark Samus just bullshits whatever attacks it feels like into existence.

• Thumbs Up 4

Doesn't Nintendo have that Wars series? Would make a hell of s lot more sense to pull someone from there for Snake's moveset rather than slap it on someone like Slippy.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess the Windy Hill stage's music choices:

Windy Hill 1

Sonic Heroes

Splash Hill 1

Knight of the Wind

His World

Seven Rings in Hand played at triple-volume

Green Hill in G-Minor

Only these songs. No exceptions. Won't be annoying at all.

Advance Wars? I think that was second-party.

Nope, its first party, and NINTENDO Wars, has been around since well, Famcion Wars, I brought up the idea of a NW rep a while back, I mean the series has been around and kicking since 1989

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Wars