Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Liking the appearance of Skull Kid as an Assist Trophy here... and the return of Assist Trophies in general.

Now let's speculate who we'll get as an Assist Trophy from Sonic. :D

Fucking hell god damn it.

My heart was racing when I saw the picture on the site. Scrolled down and saw no character page.

Oh well, at least the best Zelda game is getting some recognition.

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally, now we have the confirmation that Assist Trophies are making a return. Skull Kid could do one of three things -

Drop the moon on your party, summon monsters onto the field, or put nearby characters under a status effect (like Jigglypuff.) Since this the Majora's Mask incarnation, it probably will be option one.

Now can we have some Waluigi Times plz?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, this week Sakurai has been informational this week! being Wednesday the only picture that didn't show off anything new. 

Metroid would be nice to appear as a assist trophy but have them pull you up, like in Nintendo land where they pick you up  into the air while dealing damage.

I can see Monita being an assist trophy replacing Mr. ressetti. Dark monita could show up as well.

Shadow could come back, but hope he does something more interesting other than slow down time. Maybe freeze time completely 

I can see Dr. Eggman being an assist trophy, He can use the wrecking ball from sonic 1 and just move left and right while swinging it around.

Everytime I think of a way for knuckles being a assist trophy, I imagine him copying, I think his name knuckle joe from Brawl and he was from Kirby.

There was a bunch of Miiverse guys that really want this guy to be a fighter, I can see them now filled with rage lol

Now we need him to solve this mystery

ssbday22.jpg

WFT is an Astora knight?

1470140_10201188432663409_1300238859_n.j

• Thumbs Up 2

As long as we're talking Sonic assist trophies literally all I ask for is a Tails that follows the summoner around and catches them midflight if they're hurled off the stage. Announce that and it would singlehandedly make my whole week. I'll second that anything is better than Shadow as a glorified stopwatch though.

• Thumbs Up 6

^ Glad I'm not the only one who thought Shadow was a lazy assist trophy. I sure hope he doesn't return. Why not Dr Eggman flying back and forth with the Sonic 1 wrecking ball?

Anywho, glad to see Skull Kid in some shape or form, from a Zelda game I've hardly ever played! *shockhorror*

• Thumbs Up 5

I wouldn't mind seeing Shadow run the assist again as long as he actually did something else. The chaos control thing was so lazy.

Man, that nearly gave me a heart attack. I thought he was a Newcomer!

Come to think of it, I bet that's gonna happen every time there's a new Assist Trophy reveal XD

Good to see Skull Kid in dem HD graphics. 

...well, him being playable was always a long shot, I guess.

Being an assist trophy is still pretty cool. Better than nothing, anyway.

...*sigh*

Sakurai not only included him, he also (possibly) redesigned him.

His elf shoes were originally a solid orange with a circular buckle. In that Smash picture, the shoes are orange and green and lack the buckle.

He also has bands around his wrists in Smash 4, when he lacked them in MM.

I say "possibly", because although he appears differently from his official art, Skull Kid is a dead ringer for his Majora's Mask game model.

So either Sakurai's really paying attention to detail, or game-model Skull Kid is the official design, or both, or neither. :V

Thats quite iinteresting indeed! it follows the in-game model but he uses a bit from both. What you said exactly, lets go from top to bottom:

Hat: Cant tell if its just the pose, but the pointy part of the hat seems pointed downwards...but then again from its fabric it could possibly bend to all sides xD  Also we cant see clearly if he has those buckle thingies as well.

Majoras Mask: His "spines" or horns are differently colored (somewhat) from the in-game render, but its probably cause of the graphic limitations.  Comparing the spikes from top to bottom :  In character art: all seem to have yellow tip, red tip, green tip, and blue tip. However in model : looks more green than anything, pink with aqua tip, completely green, completely aqua. And in smash: It seems to keep all with a green-ish tone. green with red tip, green with green? and green and aqua tip. Thats so confusing dont even bother trying to comprehend this, just grab the art image, model image, and smah model and compare the horns.

"Shirt" wise its the same

hands have those grey belts Razor Wind mentioned

and then everything is the same, cept for the shoes wich keep the round-ish belts but have that green part ripped from the in game model.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like Shadow to return, but as an alternate skin for Sonic rather than an Assist Trophy. If he DOES come back as an Assist Trophy, find something else for him to do. If he did one of a variety of things such as Chaos Control, Chaos Blast, or something related, that'd be better than just making him a glorified stopwatch.

I really do like the idea of making Tails follow the person who got him around and pick them up if they fall, though. That'd be cool. Or Dr. Eggman swinging his wrecking ball.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was hoping Dr. Eggman could run around in his mech and shoot people up like in SA2. SA2 is one of the most famous Sonic games after all.

Dr. Eggman is far more iconic in his Eggmobile, though. Yeah, I know he has all kinds of machines he slides his Eggmobile into, SA2 one of them, but in SA2 he's never really even seen in his Eggmobile on its own; its always attached to his walker.

As much as I dont hate Shadow, like most people do, I DO hope they get rid of him as an assist and put Tails or Eggman there.

Just for the heck of it Im gonna list most of the "popular" characters and imagine how theyd work the best if they were assist: (You could also do your own, its fun)

Tails: Him flying near the summoner and protecting him from a fall is simply genius!!! I cant think of anything better, the other would probably do a Tornado Raid a la Snakes FS.

Knuckles: Sadly Id imagine him as Knuckle Joe 2.0

Shadow: Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear. Chaos control as freezing time completely, something!

Amy: Either she could be a knuckles type where she does random attacks with her piko piko hammer, OR she could turn her hammer huge and then smash down on a player wich would leave him/her stunned or with a pitball effect.

Silver: This could be one of those annoying assists, where he would appear next to the summoner and within a radius he would stop the other players completely frozen and lift them in the air for 2 secs or something so the attacker could go and dish some % on the enemies, then he could either let go without launching the enemies or smack em down to the ground xD Seems a bit Op but Itd be fun, maybe the freezing effect could be minimum and evade the last part to be less Op

Eggman: He has a lot of possibilities, Oh itd be so awesome if he was playable, but we know that wont happen. He could use the wrecker ball as everyone stated or he would alternate between firing rocket launchers, sending badniks, or he could focus on filling the stage with badniks OR he could even use his mech from SA2. The possibilities are endless ~ And if you want to make him OP then make him use his Death Egg robot xD And rocket punch the bastards opposing him (or stomp on them), he could be slow to compensate.

• Thumbs Up 2

But in SA2 he's never really even seen in his Eggmobile on its own; its always attached to his walker.

What about when he attempts to steal the Master Emerald?

Eggman in the SA2 walker would be ideal if he were playable, but him having the Wrecking Ball works better assist trophy wise.

Knuckles: Sadly Id imagine him as Knuckle Joe 2.0

I had the same idea

The tails idea can work so nicely.

Like imagine the player who summons tails gets launched in the background and tails flies into the background to catch you and bring you back. 

Sakurai gotta take notes

Eggman: He has a lot of possibilities, Oh itd be so awesome if he was playable, but we know that wont happen. He could use the wrecker ball as everyone stated or he would alternate between firing rocket launchers, sending badniks, or he could focus on filling the stage with badniks OR he could even use his mech from SA2. The possibilities are endless ~ And if you want to make him OP then make him use his Death Egg robot xD And rocket punch the bastards opposing him (or stomp on them), he could be slow to compensate.

I can see the death egg robot being a boss hazard, but that wouldnt make sense, since sonic has windy hill

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing that everyone keeps suggesting Tails do is essentially Beat's function in Mega Man 7, 9 and 10. Also it would be OP as shit if it saved you from Star K.O's. 

I think the Sonic crew have a lot of potential for Assist Trophy functions though, so I'd like to see something more creative than Shadow's Chaos Control.

I find it funny how no one has taken into account that knuckles can do more than just do rapid punch combos. I mean he can shake the playing field and temporarily stun anyone whose on the ground, he can summon out the master emerald and do something with, or he could just drill underground and attack an unsuspecting character, I know he hasn't been being very relevant lately but surely we haven't forgotten all of knuckles' abilities yet.

I find it funny how no one has taken into account that knuckles can do more than just do rapid punch combos. I mean he can shake the playing field and temporarily stun anyone whose on the ground, he can summon out the master emerald and do something with, or he could just drill underground and attack an unsuspecting character, I know he hasn't been being very relevant lately but surely we haven't forgotten all of knuckles' abilities yet.

Let me further develop those ideas.

When on a thin platform, Knuckles punches the ground dealing some damage and stunning everyone on the floor.

When on a thicker platform, Dig baby Dig He simply digs into the ground and attacks someone under him.

He can also do some attacks akin to Little Mac and Knuckle Joe.

I would love to see Protoman as a assist trophy. Obviously they won't do a second playable Megaman character so this would be the next best thing! *inb4wejustgetRoll*

Also I kinda hope we get another Zelda AT. There is just so much potential as plenty of Zelda characters have shown. Tetra, Midna,Impa,Groose,etc. I wouldn't mind any of those.

And as for Sonic, yeah Eggman gets my pick. Him in one of his mechs would be amazing.

Ooh, and as much as we want to see Paper Mario as a playable, I could see him as a AT.

I hope it has something to do with the Moon, kinda missed Majora's Mask being in Smash, loved Termina Bay's stage in Melee, with all the cool little animations like the Moon gradually coming towards you, then the Giants throwing it back... And Tingle randomly appearing with his balloon.

Man, imagine Termina Bay in HD...

• Thumbs Up 1