Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

zCSUmAL.jpg

Looks like we finally get a glimpse of the 3DS version's AC stage, I wonder if Kap actually sings in it..?

Well this gives me some hope that the 3DS Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, and Sonic 3DS stages will be different from their console counterparts.

I wonder if Skull Kid summons the moon, and it wipes out everyone on the arena?

OP, much?

What if the Moon's a hazard to EVERYONE except those on the edges, though? The hilarity of everyone falling over each other to get out of its path will be awesome.

We have the Assist Trophies who do nothing but annoy you, why not an Assist Trophy that has no allies and just tries to kill EVERYTHING? In true Majora fashion! biggrin.png

Hmmm wouldn't it be a little too similar to the Snorlax then? I guess if it's indiscriminate that would make it different though.

Hmmm wouldn't it be a little too similar to the Snorlax then? I guess if it's indiscriminate that would make it different though.

More or less, yes. Though with a much wider range, presumably...

With his assortment of dark powers, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he could somehow curse the characters, though, as well. What exactly such a curse would entail (probably a period of lasting damage similar to the flower), I wouldn't be too certain of.

With all the status items, he could theoretically give a random harmful one to every other character...

EVERYONE IS A DEKU.

I really would prefer him to bring the moon down just because it's so iconic. He could also just dance around and whack people like so many other assist trophies, maybe mimic his moves from his boss fight

EVERYONE IS A DEKU.

I'm not going to lie that I feel that would be awesome simply for how hilariously annoying it'd be for everyone to have a different control scheme.

I really would prefer him to bring the moon down just because it's so iconic. He could also just dance around and whack people like so many other assist trophies, maybe mimic his moves from his boss fight

It is most likely that it will be a Moon crashing, yes. I do hope it's so massive that the only way to avoid its curvature is to basically be ducking in one corner or the other... it'd be like Nintendog or Mr. Resetti but far, far more lethal. God help you if it's a stage with no borders for you to hide on... in which case everyone more or less just dies.

I wouldn't mind this, actually. A hilariously overkill move that just slaughters everyone on the field in Sudden Death style.

It would be hilarious, yet totally bullshit if he ended the match in a set amount of time/stock loses. Like say if you're unable to complete the match within 3 minutes of his appearance, the moon will drop and the match will automatically end, leaving whoever was ahead at that point as the victor. It'd piss the shit out of me in a heated battle, but I'd be laughing right up to the point where it bites me in the ass

• Thumbs Up 3

It would be hilarious, yet totally bullshit if he ended the match in a set amount of time/stock loses. Like say if you're unable to complete the match within 3 minutes of his appearance, the moon will drop and the match will automatically end, leaving whoever was ahead at that point as the victor. It'd piss the shit out of me in a heated battle, but I'd be laughing right up to the point where it bites me in the ass

Ooo... that'd be another great idea.

I see no reason not do it, either. If you ask me, items are half the fun of Smash Bros. for the random element they add to the skill and reflexes; after all, what's a greater skill than being able to react to any new situation that arises? For those who aren't quite so militant about "no items," fortunately it'd be possible to just turn Assists off, if memory serves.

So overall... I really wouldn't mind a hilariously overpowered Assist Trophy, provided it was so OP it hurt everyone and not just the non-summoners.

He'll either bring the moon down or do that scream he did in MM, paralyzing/hurting opposing player.

...Or the mask will come off and start moon walking.

...Or the mask will come off and start moon walking.

Guess you could say that MJ's moves are so awesome they're killer.

In all seriousness Majora's Incarnate/Wrath, while neat in its own way, would be another "humanoid assist comes out and whoops some ass" kind of trophy, so I hope they come up with something more non-human if it will be damage inducing. The stage being faux-nuked by the Moon is a start.

So much for hearing amazing Mega Man music in competitive tournaments now. Yellow Devil is just too big to ignore. :/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Now I no longer want to play that stage. Why would they do this to that stage.

cUC8xxQ.png

In case you were still doubting from E3, Yellow Devil is a stage hazard.

Ah, this screenshot would've been perfect if this was the Chaos Devil instead...

Looks like we're back to no items, Fox only, final destination again

In all probability.

As I said though, if a person isn't going to enjoy the full range of stages or items (sure, eliminating the most bothersome is part of the beauty of customising each match, but eliminating them entirely is what I mean), they should probably play another game. Half the fun of Smash is how insane things can go when items get involved. They really mix up the match in that even a player with tons of skill can still lose. Yes, that pisses them off, but in my opinion, the greatest skill of all is adapting to any situation.

Those who do not adapt go extinct. Thus saith Darwin.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is it confirmed to be a stage hazard, or is that just a mode that you can co-op on?

Well some people think its a boss battle but since we don't have any confirmation on whether or not there is an adventure mode, or whether there will be bosses at all, it's probably safe to assume that Yellow Devil is a stage hazard.

I really wish Sakurai would just friggin tell us what the Yellow Devil's function is.

Is it not so obviously a stage hazard? MegaMan was clearly shooting at Sonic there.

"Competitive players are elitists who think the only way to play Smash Bros. is with no items and boring stages. They should play the game how I play it because my way is the most fun way."

I see this all the time and am amazed that people are unable to see the double standard in this at all

Yeah I prefer playing the game in it's entirety, with items on and on the interesting, non-boring stages, so I'm oki-dokey with Stage Hazards.

• Thumbs Up 2