Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Early spring was my guess, Sakurai can do whatever he wants, but what if this game comes out november or possibly 2015 (God I hope not!), I'd rather just talk about veteran characters for now, There are probably a ton of stuff Sakurai can show us before revealing a new character. 

If this release date is true, i'm really bad at guessing. lol

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/11/gamestop-hints-at-super-smash-bros-u-release-date/

2nbc02f.jpg

Behold, Villager's Uair and Dair.

Pic of the day. Turnips are used in the Villager's up-air and down-air attacks. Perhaps because the turnip prices fluctuate depending on the day's market, the number of turnips that appear changes every time. How cute.

So they're basically Peach's own Turnips, and Fsmash, and Game and Watch's Judge translated as aerial attacks. And with a change in the size of the hitbox on top of it, again, like Peach's Fsmash. Nifty.

Well here is a thought, what if we got a Advance wars rep and stage in SSB4? its a nintendo only series thats been around for quite a while, and definately serves representation, and its a chance for them to add a portable only rep to the games(even though they would also be on the Wii-u version)

So they're basically Peach's own Turnips, and Fsmash, and Game and Watch's Judge translated as aerial attacks. And with a change in the size of the hitbox on top of it, again, like Peach's Fsmash. Nifty.

So its going to be inconsistent. The Villager isn't going to have such a great aerial game.

Consistency matters when it comes to competitive stuff. Though that didn't stop Olimar.

Ok, so I dont know a ton about advance wars, and I have only played a game or two in the series, but it has been around a while, and it strikes me as a good portable only series to get a rep in SSB4, and a stage possibly as well, but what are some thoughts on possible characters/ setups?

one I thought I had was one of the commanders, in a tank metal slug style(but with the persons upper torso sticking out of it), then again there are proably a couple of other unique options possible as well, I just dont know the series, so any rep suggestions? female characters perhaps?

Black Hole Army is where its at.

FUKING LASH. <3

Ps. The series is actually called Nintendo Wars and it started on the Famicom. The reason why its known as Advance Wars is because it was made on the Game Boy Advance and was pretty popular from what I can gather. Oh and it was the first of the Nintendo Wars to be released internationally so that's why the name sticked until Battalion Wars.

Forget an advanced wars rep we need someone from battalion wars, love that game.

Sami's not my fave or anything, but she'd make the most sense as a Smash character. She's a legit foot soldier, which makes her a good representative for the generic military feel of the franchise (better than a weird super-science-powered Black Hole or IDS character) and her whole moveset wouldn't have to be pulled out of the aether. Even if you didn't just make her a Snake clone, which I still think would fit perfectly and be super easy.

Not that it'd ever happen, since Advance Wars is completely non-popular in Japan. Didn't Days of Ruin only just get released there as a Club Nintendo thing like a month ago? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Black Hole Army is where its at.

FUKING LASH. <3

Ps. The series is actually called Nintendo Wars and it started on the Famicom. The reason why its known as Advance Wars is because it was made on the Game Boy Advance and was pretty popular from what I can gather. Oh and it was the first of the Nintendo Wars to be released internationally so that's why the name sticked until Battalion Wars.

Ok then, to be more precise then, Nintendo wars rep, and also its been around since Famicon(NES)?! they deserve a ref as much as Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and even though they arent overly popular in Japan, its a huge part of their history, and its a still complete and functioning francise, and is kinda ironicly the inverse of Fire emblem in ways in popularity places XD

hmmm, well this is interesting, this series has been around since 1988, its one of Nintendos ORIGINAL IPs, right up there with Mario, Kid Icarus, and Ice Climbers. yeeeeah, and look at the timing between releases, a new entry is right around the corner, and what a better way to bolster a release(or releases if they did a console and handheld game).

Also, look at the entries, its a classic francise

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Wars

So yeah something new wouldnt be unlikely, and its way overdue for a SSB rep

Is it wishful thinking to hope that Bowser's major buffs in the speed department and him being portrayed as more "athletic" raises the chances of K. Rool taking his place as the "traditional" heavyweight?

Is it wishful thinking to hope that Bowser's major buffs in the speed department and him being portrayed as more "athletic" raises the chances of K. Rool taking his place as the "traditional" heavyweight?

Either him, or Mini-Kraid, and I could see it

Not that I'd object to K. Rool, but Dedede has that niche covered pretty well. So does Ganondorf, but I think we agree he blatantly needs a brand new focus altogether (I'd take OoT-esque Glass Cannon magic user any day, but I bet most of you will be boring and just make him use swords).

I'm not as familar with DK as I am with other Ninty regulars though, so I'm curious as to how they'd even make him fight. He has that boomerang crown in DKC1, a badass blunderbuss from DKC2, and... uh, that's about all I remember off the top of my head? I'm sure his title fight in DK64 had a few things too but I can't even remember him doing much other than running into you and that ridiculously strict uppercut from Chunky's climax. I'm sure there's someone here that knows the bastard better than me, though.

Expecting Mii character reveal any day nowm.

I'm really surprised this wasn't done in Brawl, would've been a good idea.

Wonder if it's for something similar to Yellow Devil that was teased at the end of the Mega Man trailer? Like part of a 1p mode/Boss rush mode deal? Either way, a pretty neat addition I didn't expect.

That's actually pretty neat. I found Find Mii to be a fun little side thing, but great to know that they keep thinking of ways to integrate wacky things like this!

...no shit, that was called "Find Mii" around your parts? They call it "Streetpass Quest" around here, which confuses the fuck out of me because I thought you guys were talking about a Wii Play minigame or something.

Not sure what to think yet, but does this mean we'll get a Miiverse stage or somesuch for the WiiU version at least?

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved playing as Electroplankton in Brawl.

I was only going off both the recent rumors of a Mii reveal at VGX and E3 leak.