Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

You'd give a character I already don't want the most painfully boring move set in the entire series? Sounds like a plan.

If anything, I think Reggie should just be a character skin for Captain Falcon or something... "REGGIE PUNCH!"

... And then they could have Miyamoto as a Link skin!

shigerumiyamoto02.jpeg

That would be pretty neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pichu says hi

Technically it wasn't the moveset that was so bad (well actually yeah it was the moveset) but more the fact that he had no advantages to the character he was based off of unlike other clones in the game.

Pichu's move set at its core is the same as Pikachu's so being the most boring move set is impossible. Ganondorf's is just generic punching and kicking and there's no character to any of the movements.

Pretty much every character whose base move set is modeled off another existing character has this problem but no one suffers from this more than Ganondorf.

Its kind of funny how they haven't by now, in melee it was somewhat understandable but in brawl there is no real excuse as to why he can't be anything more than a more powerful (but immensely slower) capt. falcon.

Part of the reason might be not wanting to upset the people who liked Ganondorf in Melee. I mean, when you're putting a character in for the first time, you're free to do almost anything with them, but once they've been in one game, you've got to balance any changes against the wishes of the people who liked them the old way.

Didn't people even back then not like him as a Falcon clone? I mean how bad would it be to diversify him a little more? Give him some more magic based moves or a sword to use. 

Didn't people even back then not like him as a Falcon clone?

Some people, sure. But some people like Ganondorf the big dark magic brute who will boot you in the face and chokeslam you into the ground. Whether there's enough of them to offset the people who want to see him changed is a valid question, but the very fact that it is a valid question is why it's reasonable for them to hesitate about changing him.

The current moveset doesn't represent Ganondorf at all. If people like the way he played in Brawl then fair enough, but I don't see how anybody could call that "Ganondorf." It's like making Link purely a swordsman and ignoring all of the other iconic items that make him Link.

They should totally keep the flame choke if they do decide to declone him, though. Shit is badass

Why can't they just give Ganondorf's current moveset to a newcomer that may use similar moves. I am sure that Black Shadow getting his moveset would be suitable enough. Anyone agree or disagree? People who like the old moveset can still be satisfied and people want a better Ganondorf will be satisfied.

Why can't they just give Ganondorf's current moveset to a newcomer that may use similar moves. I am sure that Black Shadow Max from Advance wars getting his moveset would be suitable enough. Anyone agree or disagree? People who like the old moveset can still be satisfied and people want a better Ganondorf will be satisfied.

There we go, fixed

Part of the reason might be not wanting to upset the people who liked Ganondorf in Melee. I mean, when you're putting a character in for the first time, you're free to do almost anything with them, but once they've been in one game, you've got to balance any changes against the wishes of the people who liked them the old way.

Never stopped Sakurai from removing Dr. Mario.

The best compromise I can think of is to give Ganondorf his more magic-based moveset, and shove the best elements of his old one (especially that dair) onto a new character. I know Black Shadow from F-Zero got brought up a lot the last few times I saw it brought up

Ganondorf is a slower, more powerful Captain Falcon. Dr. Mario is Mario with minor tweaks. Dr. Mario is a lot less valuable in the long run. Besides that, Dr. Mario was going to be in Brawl but was incredibly low priority and they didn't have time to finish him.

Though this actually makes me wonder how different he would be from Mario if he had made it into Brawl

Never stopped Sakurai from removing Dr. Mario.

Well, he's referring to changing a character, not removing them. Kind of a different situation, isn't it..?

Well, he's referring to changing a character, not removing them. Kind of a different situation, isn't it..?

It's the thought of appealing to the people that liked him in Melee that counts for the argument, though. In that sense there's little difference, bar the fact that Dr. M was one of the few clones that was actually better than the original in virtually every conceivable way.