Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Also possibility of us getting closer to the release date! I imagined it would be announced prior/around E3, and I imagine we should get interesting Nintendo direct news(and that it should come later this week hopefully!)

Man, I do hope there is an Nintendo Direct this week. And with what Dantemustdie said, I do hope we get a lot of info this month about the game.

Just barely. Wasn't that in development since like 2005?

Well yes and no, It was originally a tech demo for the Nintendo DS, and was in limbo until Nintendo decided to resurrect it not too long before the 3DS's launch.

Late to the party but yeah awesome weapon!!! great way to make a reference to Steel Diver. I hope these informative screens keep on coming! by the way have you noticed sometimes on the characters page, the screens change? like one or two screens get replaced, I dont know if Im imagining but are these new? as in they werent used to be there?

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/toon_link/screen-8.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-5.jpg

Late to the party but yeah awesome weapon!!! great way to make a reference to Steel Diver. I hope these informative screens keep on coming! by the way have you noticed sometimes on the characters page, the screens change? like one or two screens get replaced, I dont know if Im imagining but are these new? as in they werent used to be there?

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/toon_link/screen-8.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-5.jpg

They were there from the start

2a5i25z.jpg

Pic of the day. There weren't a lot of people who used the Shield Breaker to break people's shields, so we've now made it much more powerful. This pic is from immediately after a shield break.

Guess it can break a full shield now.

Cool I suppose, but Marth doesn't really need to be more powerful because he's already high tier in both Melee and Brawl.........unless they nerf other aspects of him. In that case, I hope they don't nerf/change him so dramatically that I won't want to main him anymore. 

Heh, stars to indicate dizziness?

Reminds me a bit of when NoA/NoE used cartoony sound effects in the original Smash Bros. rather than the realistic ones used in the Japanese version and all Smash Bros. games onwards.

Also, who's willing to bet that if his shield is broken, Mario's going to try and grab the stars that will rotate around his head? :P

I somewhat thought as much, with all the information thats been released alongside sakurais comments I had a feeling this would be coming out a bit sooner than expected.

I still don't buy Spring. If it was coming out that soon, we'd have known this earlier. 

Maybe they were not sure if they'll actually be done in spring and it were getting alot more info on the pics, so who knows. Lets hope it stays April 8th or around that date.

What exactly is a shield breaker? I played as Marth a ton and I don't remember a shield breaker move.

Spring release? Not sure if I believe it or not.

What exactly is a shield breaker? I played as Marth a ton and I don't remember a shield breaker move.

Its his neutral B attack, the charge up one. I've never used it to break shields at all, and a power increase probably won't change that. Nothing beats grabbing.

• Thumbs Up 1

The shield breaker is practically useless considering you need to fully charge it up for it to break anything, it isn't very practical in most situations, unless you get sort of impractical with it, like using it in the air to drive Marth forward if you need to get some vertical distance real fast.

If anything I just think it should be an instant pierce that cripples shields, but you can't use it more than once at a time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still don't buy Spring. If it was coming out that soon, we'd have known this earlier. 

I mean yeah, it's not like he works for Nintendo and actually knows this stuff or anything

I always liked the Shield Breaker more for its ability to substitute for a chargable smash attack midair than its actual ability to pierce shields. Shortening the absolutely ridiculous three second charge time down to one helped a lot, but there's still very few people in this game that will hold a shield out long enough to be taken advantage of even that.

I think I'd just go with Xenmas's idea mostly - ditch the charge entirely and just have a lot of post-hit lag to keep people from spamming it.

Mmm, I didn't know Marth's standard B move was called Shield Breaker and was for, well, breaking shields (obviously). I occasionally used that attack as a replacement for Side A charge attack, but certainly never considered using it for breaking shields.

EDIT: On that note, Marth's side A charge is my favorite move in Marth's arsenal... in fact its my favorite move in general. Its so incredibly powerful.

Just don't use the Shield Breaker while standing on the ground and you'll be fine with using it offensively. Honestly, I think an un-charged Shield Breaker helps more than a fully-charged one - It may not cause a full shield to break, but it does still make the shield shrink tremendously, and suddenly your opponent is running away from a swordsman whose most powerful attacks come from the tip of the sword while they're waiting for the shield to replenish. An uncharged SB gives you incredible offensive momentum.

If anything, the move needs to be nerfed.

I wouldn't say it needs to be nerfed cause even in competitive play not many people use it and its a pretty easy enough attack to dodge.

I guess we should expect a Sonic picture tomorrow since for the last 3 wednesday it has been a picture with Sonic, hopefully he has some info on him or something related to him.

zCSUmAL.jpg

Looks like we finally get a glimpse of the 3DS version's AC stage, I wonder if Kap actually sings in it..?

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god yes! I FUCKING love Kapp'n!

It seem like he gonna be replacing K.K slider on the 3ds version (since Kapp'n actually sings in New Leaf and I think the original Animal Crossing).

Also, Here what Sakurai said on miiverse:

Pic of the day. Yar, I wants to watch some o' that Smash action, too, ye great beast!

... Sakurai is now even more awesome...
  • Thumbs Up 1