Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Reggie says 100k signatures needed for Sakurai to consider adding Reggie to Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

What's the harm? Petition here tongue.png It's been going for a few months, currently just below 32k after a litte boost from GoNintendo. Reggie would be the funniest thing.

(I'd still kind of like to see Non-Specific Action Figure)

• Thumbs Up 3

Literally the only thing Reggie has going for him is memetic value, and we already have Villager, WFT and Captain Falcon for that. It fucking baffles me that anyone still wants him this bad.

• Thumbs Up 5

What Blacklightning said
The only real person I would ever be okay with being a playable character in the series is Miyamoto, for obvious reasons.

Literally the only thing Reggie has going for him is memetic value, and we already have Villager, WFT and Captain Falcon for that. It fucking baffles me that anyone still wants him this bad.

Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and C. Falcon all have way more going for them then the stupid memes that surround them, so for what it's worth, this game doesn't have an actual joke character yet.

I don't especially want Reggie or anything, but that particular niche isn't being filled by anybody else.

What if they kill two birds with one stone and have a Mii that looks like Reggie be playable.

Problem solved, hilarity ensues.

I'd be okay with Reggie, but Miyamoto would admittedly be really cool and possibly more fitting, depending on how you look at it. I'm sure it would be hilarious, too. XP

What was that argument before, regarding Pac-Man? Something like "if Sakurai can make R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Ms. Fit, and Villager into fighters, they can do so with anybody."

I ain't saying I would like it, but you'll need a bit more than "it would be out of place" or "he doesn't have the right credentials." There's a solid argument against it here, but not in those statements.

Saw that the other day
Sounds believable for the most part, if this is true then that pretty much cements the E3 leak with Little Mac and Pac-man being in the game as well. As long as Mii characters are customizable as in they can be any Mii on your console or a special Mii made for he game, I'm cool with that. Reggie's Mii being in the game irks me as a wasted opportunity if his Mii is the only playable one.

As for April 2014, the game's been in development for a year now, and remember Brawl started development in 06 and was meant to come out in late 07. Only reason it didn't was because of Sonic, which only delayed it by a couple of months. This game started June 2012, and judging by how much stuff they seem to have done with the game so far, it's believable to say that the game could be ready by Spring 2014.

This is all going by if it's true of course

MW36DFC.png?1

Hmm... this "leak" is really fishy...

Where did you get that 4chan?

• Thumbs Up 1

Reggie says 100k signatures needed for Sakurai to consider adding Reggie to Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

What's the harm? Petition here :P It's been going for a few months, currently just below 32k after a litte boost from GoNintendo. Reggie would be the funniest thing.

(I'd still kind of like to see Non-Specific Action Figure)

Why not a Reggie character with a Non-specific action figure alternate costume?(but of course with Reggie's face still showing.)

Someone remind me, is that soccerball new? I swear that WFT had a special move just like it but for the life of me I can't remember.

Considering how many of Megaman's games they managed to cram into his moveset, though, I'm not entirely surprised Sakurai still had a Megaman Soccer reference to spare.

hey guys my uncle is nintendo and he says that teh reggie mii will be a playable character and he actually says "MY BODY IS READY"!!!!! this meme is funny right

also gordondarf has been cut and is replaced by gonon who is a bowser clone and now his final smash is called ganan's charoit only its actually a reskinned ladnmaster

No seripusly why do people believe these random "leakers?"

If memetic bullshit got in over Mewtwo with Mega Mewtwo final Smash, It'd weigh on my hype for this game.

"My body is ready" taunt spam confirmed for online play.

I'm not sure having Reggie in there is a good idea either.

It'd probably be funny for a while, but it would date the game terribly.

Not sure I trust the lady tweeting in that article as a reliable source, but I'd hope Reg is just playing along and naming what he think would be an impossible number.

I don't see that possible reveal as a "Reggie" character but as a Mii Character, only using Reggie to show it can be changed for your own personal Mii and also to give it a memetic hype, "everyone wants Reggie in Smash Bros so here he is, but not really but you can play as your Mii", sorta thing

• Thumbs Up 2

Why not a Reggie character with a Non-specific action figure alternate costume?(but of course with Reggie's face still showing.)

...Now I want Non-specific Action Figure in the game.

Okay  not really but yeah.

I wouldn't mind Mii's being playable though.

Yeah I think, rather than making a character that's specifically just Reggie, they'd be better off making a Mii character with a Regmii skin. Reggie's cool and all but he's not really "full character slot" cool.

Someone remind me, is that soccerball new? I swear that WFT had a special move just like it but for the life of me I can't remember.

There was a soccer ball item in Brawl. A standard black-and-white one, but they could easily have changed the texture. And I think we have seen a pic of it and WFT before.