Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Makes some good points in there that I would have to agree with, honestly after playing melee and then going back to brawl I really hated how bogged down it seemed, it was floaty, slow (sonic rectifies this somewhat), and overall just kind of not fun for me, not saying that its wrong to like it or anything but melee was a good middle point for those who like to be competitive and those who just played the game to play it cause even in the old days when I didn't try learning advanced techniques melee was pretty darn fun and it felt like the perfect party fighter or just a serious fighter altogether.

I actually like the floaty feel in much the same way I did back in SSB64, so all they'd really have to do in my eyes is turn the hitstun up and I'm satisfied. Hell, by the looks of things they've already done that, too, so I'm not particularly worried.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't mind that the characters don't drop like fucking rocks like they did in Melee. The hitstun increase is something I can get behind though.

I'd also add some more tweaks just so this game is it's own thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't mind that the characters don't drop like fucking rocks like they did in Melee. The hitstun increase is something I can get behind though.

I'd also add some more tweaks just so this game is it's own thing.

Only fox, falco, and captain falcon really drop that fast and unless you get a metal block with any other character they won't drop very fast either.

Only fox, falco, and captain falcon really drop that fast and unless you get a metal block with any other character they won't drop very fast either.

Its understandable to feel like Melee is too heavy. Most people who have played Brawl alot are less lenient towards the weighty nature of Melee. Personally I like how  heavy it is, it just feels more natural and hitstunning/combos feels great. And it punishes a player for fucking up by giving the other an opportunity to attack and combo you. Brawl to me just kinda feels like everyone is a balloon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like hes posting a sonic picture every Wednesday. Today was the third week he has done.

Just pointing it out.

Todays pic of the Day

KSY7eR8.jpg

is introducing a new Special Move that features the Villager on (Gy)roids

and Sakurai says

The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it.

Mystery solved

*insert very perverted thing about riding the roid*

*exits SSMB and goes off to watch anime and text girlfriend*

They can still change how a character works but make it familiar. Bowser for example has been retooled in this game.

Todays pic of the Day

KSY7eR8.jpg

and Sakurai says

Mystery solved

Now we need him to solve this mystery

ssbday22.jpg

I wonder how useful it is as a recovery move. Not a big fan of the exploitable Balloon Fighter helmet, so if you can dismount it mid-flight it sounds like this would come endlessly in handy if you happen to be above the stage.

There we go, fixed

You're going really far with this Advance War for Smash (And Falcon Moveset doesn't fit with Max anyway).

But anyhow...

Todays pic of the Day

KSY7eR8.jpg

and Sakurai says

Mystery solved

I wonder if you can actually move around while riding it (Kinda like Pit glide).

From GAF.

2qs3v3o.jpg

Looks neat. Maybe he'll summon the moon onto the battlefield or something.

Sonic and the Skull Kid actually being in the same game... oh, this pleases me more than it probably should.

• Thumbs Up 4

Thats pretty cool, sorta glad he at least got in as an assist trophy since putting him in as a zelda rep would definitely tip the rep scale a bit more towards them.

I still hate the people who put together that trailer for making it look so professional. tongue.png

I'm anticipating something more or less on par with the "Wryyyyy!" meme with Skull Kid. A giant moon dropping on the field is sure to be buckets of fun to avoid.

I suppose this means Assist Trrophies will generally have the same role as in Brawl - characters that are really popular but can't be playable for one reason or another.

The fact that heincluded this character from a ten year old game that has no real significance to modern Zelda beyond its status as a cult classic shows how much Sakurai is listening to the fanbase, and that makes me happy.

Sakurai not only included him, he also (possibly) redesigned him.

2ed9n55.jpg

His elf shoes were originally a solid orange with a circular buckle. In that Smash picture, the shoes are orange and green and lack the buckle.

He also has bands around his wrists in Smash 4, when he lacked them in MM.

I say "possibly", because although he appears differently from his official art, Skull Kid is a dead ringer for his Majora's Mask game model.

Skull_Kid_MM.png

So either Sakurai's really paying attention to detail, or game-model Skull Kid is the official design, or both, or neither. :V

I think assist trophy is honestly the best way to go about with this character. Skull Kid's not really that memorable of a villain on his own, considering he was possessed by Majora.

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly, I'm just happy that Majora's Mask is getting some Smash Bros. love again. Maybe this could lend some credence to the whole "3DS remake" deal...