Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I wonder if they'll let you toggle the hitsparks. I mean the 3DS version does let you change the thickness of the outlines, so

I wonder if they'll let you toggle the hitsparks. I mean the 3DS version does let you change the thickness of the outlines, so

I  would like that, sometimes it's hard to take good pictures with all those effects. I hope they do it, if not it won't matter anyways.

Anyone have any idea when they're going to announce a new character?

No idea.

Right now they seem more focused on the older characters.

Jeez, Sakurai gives you guys Wii Fit Trainer and somehow you want more? Greedy, greedy, greedy.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, if you're talking about a brand new character, probably at VGX. In terms of returning characters... keep checking those updates at 4 in the morning!

Early spring? I can't wait that long goddammit. ;P

And I was kinda talking about both, really.

... 4 in the morning...

Early spring was my guess, Sakurai can do whatever he wants, but what if this game comes out november or possibly 2015 (God I hope not!), I'd rather just talk about veteran characters for now, There are probably a ton of stuff Sakurai can show us before revealing a new character.

Early spring was my guess, Sakurai can do whatever he wants, but what if this game comes out november or possibly 2015 (God I hope not!), I'd rather just talk about veteran characters for now, There are probably a ton of stuff Sakurai can show us before revealing a new character.

Uh, the game was already announced for 2014

Just because the planned release date is sometime next year doesn't necessarily mean we'll get it next year. It's not like Brawl wasn't delayed.

Sakurai's post with the picture said that the energy occurs when a fatal or near-fatal attack hits. A KO would be inevitable. 

Just because the planned release date is sometime next year doesn't necessarily mean we'll get it next year. It's not like Brawl wasn't delayed.

But this time there's last-minute top-priority character to delay the game for months like Sonic did last time, there's a larger and more experienced development team on this game, and the game has been in development for almost two years. There's also no Subspace Emissary and therefore no super-expensive CG cutscenes this time, though I'd imagine those were handled by somebody else and not the game's regular staff anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

They could still find a reason to delay if necessary, like they did with Wii Fit U, Wii Party U and DK Jungle Freeze

They could still find a reason to delay if necessary, like they did with Wii Fit U, Wii Party U and DK Jungle Freeze

What possible reason could they have? They've already been working on it for 2 years as stated above by Blitz 'n Burst and don't have any expensive cutscenes to render. 

• Thumbs Up 1

But this time there's last-minute top-priority character to delay the game for months like Sonic did last time, there's a larger and more experienced development team on this game, and the game has been in development for almost two years. There's also no Subspace Emissary and therefore no super-expensive CG cutscenes this time, though I'd imagine those were handled by somebody else and not the game's regular staff anyway.

The game hasn't been in development for two years. The game was announced in 2011 (because Iwata is full of shit), but development on the game didn't start until after Sakurai was done with Kid Icarus: Uprising which wasn't until around March of 2012.

Larger and more experienced team be damned. Games of this nature still take a lot of time. Not to mention development has been impacted by Sakurai's injury. Also if Sonic was such a top priority character then why the hell was he so mediocre and felt so laughably rushed in pretty much every aspect?

The red and black lightning looks simply awesome. Sounds like it only shows up in special circumstances, which is good - it will keep the dramatic effect it has.

...kind of makes a character look like a Sith Lord or something, though. I think some variation in color might be wise, though I appreciate Toon Link's efforts to reclaim black and red for the good guys.