Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Kart select, nice little look into it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhVuLuLpaR8

I'm just lovin' the detail in those parts, can't wait to find a pair that fits me. 

That's a point actually, we've all been discussing potential characters and tracks that we'd want to see as DLC, but what's to say Nintendo won't offer up new vehicle parts as DLC as well? They could be tied to the theme of new DLC characters that become available (but of course be usable by everyone), or they could just be completely unique and cool designs. Heck, why not have DLC packs like Mario Golf that give you a track or two, a new character, and a new set of vehicle parts (kart/wheels/glider) to go along with them? I'd definitely pay for a Season Pass if that was the case.

You know... I like the 3DS version better. It's more colorful, more Mario-esque.

Footage of the entire Mount Wario course... and dang it looks pretty awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fF11_qvJcY

• Thumbs Up 5

More than ever I'm reminded of the Winter Sports Champion Race from Mario and Sonic 4.

But I've just thought of something else. Every 3D Mario Kart game has had a new DK course in it. So where is the new course here?

They've seriously broke a lot of Mario Kart traditions with this game.

More than ever I'm reminded of the Winter Sports Champion Race from Mario and Sonic 4.

But I've just thought of something else. Every 3D Mario Kart game has had a new DK course in it. So where is the new course here?

They've seriously broke a lot of Mario Kart traditions with this game.

Don't worry, they'll add an entire DLC DK-related Cup in order to make up for it. Well, that's just my theory anyway. I can't imagine them releasing individual DLC courses (except for Battle Mode arenas).

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't worry, they'll add an entire DLC DK-related Cup in order to make up for it. Well, that's just my theory anyway. I can't imagine them releasing individual DLC courses (except for Battle Mode arenas).

Hmmm, I've been thinking about it, if we were to get 4 DLC cups, and they were to split the characters evenly between cups to add rows, you would have to do 12(6 cant be divided by four), and 3 characters per a cup. Now mind you, there is some flexibility, I mean some could be unlocked by getting multiple dlcs, and I guess they could do one per a DLC, then have 2 additional ones for getting all the dlc packs, either way we will have either 6 or 12, cause we need a solid row, unless it got adjusted to rows of 7 which is more flexible

Direct feed of N64 Rainbow Road! It looks great and fun to try.

http://youtu.be/mUS_mqWFXs4

The train isn't just for show, you can see coins coming out of the train.

But it's really fans inside the hype train throwing their money at Nintendo. 

EDIT: Mario kart 8 community is here to view but we can't post on it until may 30th.https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073268532646/new

Seems like people got the game already. LUCKY!     It's just reviewers...

• Thumbs Up 3

Mario Kart 8's Miiverse community has been opened ahead of the game's release for preview purposes, presumably so you can torment yourself for the next three weeks by looking at how much fun people with a review copy are having in the meantime. Oh, and the cool 2D artwork Miiverse stamps are back like in Super Mario 3D World.

2aakaqc.png

Also, for everyone disappointed with the new rendition of Rainbow Road, why not try thinking of it as simply the half-time warm-up to the majesty that is the Rainbow Road 64 remake? After all, if you play through the cups in order, Rainbow Road Wii U will be the halfway point and Rainbow Road 64 will be the grand finale, so 'chronologically' the game will still end on an impressive high. And even if you don't... at least we can all agree we've got at least one good Rainbow Road in this game, that's better than nothing, even if it is missed potential!

@PSI Wind: The reason Rainbow Road 64 feels short is because it's been turned into a single lap course. In the N64 version, you'd race around that same length three whole times, which frankly took way too long.

• Thumbs Up 3

The tracks seem to have been getting shorter starting with MKWii. Now most of the tracks do. Really is a pain sometimes, but it doesn't stop enjoyment too much.

Is it just me, or do these tracks feel a bit...........short?

Yea, these course are short to me as well, even Bowser's castle and Rainbow road feels short. It's like most of these tracks can be done under a minute doing 1 lap. I wished it was longer.

I think one possibility to consider is - are the tracks shorter, or are the characters just racing around them faster?

I know Mario Kart has never been the most high octane game, but this one does look like it packs a bit more of a punch in the speed department compared to previous entries.

I agree,  I really think this game has gotten faster than any other mario kart. Looking through some videos you can really see the speed when some good players play the game.  But i'm not sure, I think it's both, they are shorter and the karts are much faster.

Spotted on the Miiverse community:

2eegb43.jpg

Return of the Gold Standard Kart, now in very shiny golden glory!

Guess we can expect the return of the other gold parts too - but how insane will the requirements for them be this time, I wonder?

2eegb43.jpg

Guess we can expect the return of the other gold parts too - but how insane will the requirements for them be this time, I wonder?

I would think they would simply be the final unlocks, with how many parts that there are will still be a TON of coins, however still in increments of 50, but when you have 75+ pieces its still 3750 coins+ so plenty 

I think gold karts would be an obvious choice for the final parts. Since they did it in Mario kart 7. What if they got something better?

Pink Gold Karts! lol

Edit: More direct feed. This time its from Music park and Yoshi valley

http://youtu.be/hg9FGvKFl_g

http://youtu.be/keDTiLAV6Xo

More Mount Wario footage, this time from GameXplain who are racing as Ludwig - who, if you squint hard enough, is probably the character who (from the back) most resembles Sonic and could make it seem like you're racing through a Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics track :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cql8RLUeuSo

In all seriousness though, this looks like it'll easily be one of my favourite tracks in the game. I'm betting a couple of years down the line when we all look back on MK8, Mount Wario will be one of the standout tracks that everyone wants to see back in MK9.

I have to admit, seeing it fully, it does look amazing.
And considering MK9 is only three years away from release [unless they want to break yet another MK tradition] we won't have long to find out.

2eegb43.jpg

From the reversed sign in the distance, I guess the Mirror Mode is also returning.

Or, was this already confirmed?

More Mount Wario footage, this time from GameXplain who are racing as Ludwig - who, if you squint hard enough, is probably the character who (from the back) most resembles Sonic and could make it seem like you're racing through a Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics track laugh.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cql8RLUeuSo

In all seriousness though, this looks like it'll easily be one of my favourite tracks in the game. I'm betting a couple of years down the line when we all look back on MK8, Mount Wario will be one of the standout tracks that everyone wants to see back in MK9.

Nah I'd rather MK10 because its most likely the next Mario kart will be handheld and then after is console. I really don't wanna see this course go into a handheld. But who knows.

lol

Anyways Mount Wario looks like its going to be one of my favourites as well. And its nice we get to see all of it since it's only 1 lap. so any footage we see from Mount Wario will be the whole thing. 

From the reversed sign in the distance, I guess the Mirror Mode is also returning.

Or, was this already confirmed?

Mirror mode is available in VS mode from the start, so presumably it'll be unlockable in Grand Prix too once you beat the other difficulties, as per usual.

Hmmm, so it appears someone has spotted Diddy Kong themed tires, that's curious

Direct feed of battle mode in Sherbet land

http://youtu.be/5edQL6_RHFY

The more I look at battle mode, the more boring it looks, I can't believe they got lazy with this one. I was really hoping for some really cool anti gravity battle stages. And when they finally decided to have last man standing they throw in race tracks as battle stages. Mario kart 7 is much more fast paced then this version. At least from what I've seen so far. Mario kart 7 was still a slow paced battle mode. 

So close man, so close to getting a perfect battle mode. At least bring back some old battle stages. Like cookie land or Block plaza from Mario kart Wii

Direct feed on Shy guy falls.

http://youtu.be/gymHiWArDsg

This place is pretty short but it looks really nice. Also loving the personalities on the koopaling.

Edit: Funny how roy is like "Yeah Yuh!" At 1:10