Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

The Bikes are superior on tracks with lots of turns...better turning.

Karts are better on tracks with more straight-a-ways...better speed gain.

In what way are the Bikes superior now? Do the bikes go range into making sharp turns for days with no real trouble?

Hey I ain't the one complaining about it, my only concern was getting rid of the Wheelies.

really it's just most other folks that are thinking that on various places, along with folks thinking that Bowser, Wario, and Morton maybe overpowered, but hey, I'm remaining calm about it.

Better to play the game first hand to see for ourselves how big of a difference Karts, bikes, AND ATV's (cause people always forget them in the argument) are compared to each other.

Actually....I'm most curious about ATV's since they haven 't been talked about much.

I thought the ATV(s) were just a mix of Kart and Bike...Karts in the turning and accel, Bikes in the handling and changing to the biker clothing.

Its an assumption...

So just for some clarification, blue shells are now more common? If so, how rare are the super horns in contrast?

Well, I think I've seen everything from this game, no point on looking out for more tidbits of news and new gameplay footage. All we pretty much need now is some DLC. Really excited and I can't wait for it! May 30th is taking too long!

Only flaws so far is battle mode and roster, but I can probably get over the roster but I'll probably not play battle mode.

I've heard that blue shells can appear up to 4 times in one race in 150cc.

My god. That's worse than MK7's amount of blue shells.

This showed up on NeoGAF a couple days ago, though it was originally put together by someone on mkboards.  I held off on posting it right away because it's the sort of thing where someone else always ends up doing a better job of explaining than I do.  It seems there's a bit more to the weight classes than the official website would have us believe.

Spoilered in case someone doesn't want to see for whatever reason.

2i8wxg4.png

Basically, there are secondary weight classes inside the three main ones we already knew about.

That wouldn't be anything new...

That does however confirm that the Secondary Weight Classes are back though...if people really thought they were gone.

I must be the only person in the world who never played the Battle mode ever at all.

I played it, but never really liked it except for the Bob-Omb mode in Double Dash.

You do realize Blue Shells were a constant in Mario Kart DS and Wii, right?

Hmm, now that I remember it, I think it would've been quite awesome if Super Circuit's Cheese Land was in this. Everything would've looked so great...

• Thumbs Up 1

What? Were the heck have you heard that? The majority of the reviewers so far are saying that the Blue shell frequency has been toned down, no increased.

Bad news

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/227991-mario-kart-8-limited-edition-preorders-sell-out?sid=d9de42aa6cfe2b29cca878d99c1ed867

They're out of special edition other than walk-in

This showed up on NeoGAF a couple days ago, though it was originally put together by someone on mkboards.  I held off on posting it right away because it's the sort of thing where someone else always ends up doing a better job of explaining than I do.  It seems there's a bit more to the weight classes than the official website would have us believe.

2i8wxg4.png

Basically, there are secondary weight classes inside the three main ones we already knew about.

Hunh, looks like we need more super heavies! perhaps Funky shall return and K.Rool(and/or Wart) shall rise in DLC 

Considering the Blue Shells' nerf, them being "supposedly" more frequent isn't a really major issue anymore.

Considering the Blue Shells' nerf, them being "supposedly" more frequent isn't a really major issue anymore.

That and not one, but two ways to avoid them, they ain't that much of a threat anymore.

2i8wxg4.png

You know, the only thing I don't like about this is that the Lighter characters have medicore acceleration here compared to in MK7 which I think the Featherweights had 4.25 or something.

Seems like Speed and Accel have swap places for what get increased more. Through on the plus side, it makes the heavier characters even more terrible with their Acceleration than before.

Just preorderd my copy at game today. Do you guys know what the price will be as I have £40 (including £5 pre-order deposit) and I'm worried I will turn up there without enough money. :/

I'm both confused and, given she's my favorite, pleased that Rosalina gets a title screen and Peach doesn't.

Haven't played any of the recent games lately, but... what's up with Rosalina's voice in the title screen video? Did she got a voice actress change or something? She sounds way different from the Galaxy series and MKWii, mostly missing those OOOH SPACE ECHO filters.

I'm really excited for this, I'll be going to my local Game (as I'm in the UK at the time) to pick it up day 1. Are there talks about a tourney yet?

The year of Luigi is never over(in Luigi's mind anyway)

Luigi also did a similar thing in Mario Kart Wii...

...and apparently Peach did too.

Luigi clip #1 : 0:14

Luigi clip #2 : 0:36

Why does the main theme sound like something from the tonight show

It's actually a remix of the Super Mario Kart theme. I didn't realise it at first, but then someone else pointed it out and I was mind blown.

It's actually a remix of the Super Mario Kart theme. I didn't realise it at first, but then someone else pointed it out and I was mind blown.

I had the same feeling to, When I first heard it, I was humming to it perfectly and i'm like "What the fuck? I know this tune? At the time I just saw "Mario kart 8 theme" on the title of videos but then I found this:

http://youtu.be/4P3UW_lVBu0

"oh cool they are remixing a SNES remix" and then boom I hear it again and my mind was blown to bits, I was like oh shit it was this theme, this is so great! Love it.

They really done good with the games music here.

One of my favourites:

http://youtu.be/cO0KXMZavuw

When the game got first revealed, I was not really interested with the music, the second trailer for the game came and I was still not interested in it. It took me awhile to warm up to the games music.

The Mario circuit was okay but not that great but Thankfully there was Mario Kart Stadium was there to make that theme even better.

• Thumbs Up 3