Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I want bomb battle to make a reappearance. It was one of the best modes found in Mario Kart Double Dash if you ask me. Can you imagine the chaos if that came back?

• Thumbs Up 1

I want bomb battle to make a reappearance. It was one of the best modes found in Mario Kart Double Dash if you ask me. Can you imagine the chaos if that came back?

12-player online Bomb Battle.

The tears will be delicious. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So Nintendo World's big Mario Kart 8 announcement is... the Spiny Shell Limited Edition, which is available to pre-order and buy exclusively at the store in the US.

BnII_a9CUAAaQ-h.jpg

Also, they're holding a midnight launch for the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

OOOOO, Bomb battle with 12 players would so fucking epic!!! The craziness it had with just 4 players in Double dash. It was even fun with 2 players.

I should of expected this since battle mode was really lacking in Mario kart 7. 

Well I'm not going to sleep that night now. 

No dlc sad.png

Probably not now though.

No dlc sad.png

It was never likely that it was going to be DLC, as it was news exclusive to a store. If it was DLC, it would have come from the media or Nintendo themselves. And when you look back at the original tweet from yesterday, they actually showed off the Limited Edition box, so we should have seen this coming.

E3 will be when we get our juicy DLC updates, if at all.

Oh yea they did teased it.

I thought they already announce the limited edition and thought there would be some sort of DLC edition.

Well, Battle mode Is not great but other than that, the game Is almost here, it's almost unbelievable! I can't wait to try out all the tracks. They all looks great and the HD makes it even better.

At first, the music didn't feel all that great, but I really warmed up to it and started to really like it. Especially Mario circuit, at first I was like another Mario circuit with the same type of music that has that weird tone, its hard to describe it. It started that since Mario kart DS.

Proof that despite it being a little basic, that if you set things up right, MK8 can create some sick footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCMaIe8nGas&feature=player_embedded

It is also a sterling example of how good the animations are

• Thumbs Up 7

So Nintendo World's big Mario Kart 8 announcement is... the Spiny Shell Limited Edition, which is available to pre-order and buy exclusively at the store in the US.

BnII_a9CUAAaQ-h.jpg

That is some sexy boxart though...

mario-kart-8-limited-edition-nintendo-wi

Hmm... Still think we got the better one though, although lack of Peach makes me a tad jealous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Inside drifting is back but with a slight nerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3v8amOGKBs&feature=em-uploademail

Luigi on a bike is going to be badass. No one is more badass than Luigi. No one.

And the difference in graphics between Wii and 8 is like night and day. Mind you, the Wii was only slightly more powerful than the GameCube.

I didn't even pay attention to what he was saying. I was just blown away by how good looking this game is. I mean damn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another footage of Mount Wario but this time in 50cc, as usual its pretty slow, but you can get a better look at the slowness and compare it to 150cc.

http://youtu.be/8VMkeBr7Yso

Here is mount wario in 150cc if anyone want to compare the differences.

http://youtu.be/_fF11_qvJcY

Not only did the Drift get a slight Nerf, but also note this.

- Standard Kart = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.

- Prancer = 0 speed, 0 accel, 0 weight, 0 handling, 0 grip.

- Cat Cruiser = 0 speed, 0 accel, 0 weight, 0 handling, 0 grip.

- Sneakart = 0 speed, 0 accel, 0 weight, 0 handling, 0 grip.

- Mach 8 = +0.5 speed, -0.25 accel, +0.25 weight, 0 handling, -1 grip.

- Sports Coupe = +0.5 speed, -0.25 accel, +0.25 weight, 0 handling, -1 grip.

- Badwagon = 0 speed, -0.5 accel, +0.5 weight, -0.5 handling, +0.5 grip.

- Tri-Speeder = 0 speed, -0.5 accel, +0.5 weight, -0.5 handling, +0.5 grip.

- Buggybud = -0.75 speed, +1.25 accel, -0.5 weight, +0.5 handling, -0.25 grip.

- Landship = -0.75 speed, +1.25 accel, -0.5 weight, +0.5 handling, -0.25 grip.

- Circuit Special = +0.5 speed, -0.25 accel, +0.25 weight, 0 handling, -1 grip.

- Pipe Frame = ?

- Standard Bike = 0 speed, +0.25 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.5 handling, -0.5 grip.

- Yoshi Bike = 0 speed, +0.75 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.75 handling, -1.25 grip.

- Jet Bike = 0 speed, +0.75 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.75 handling, -1.25 grip.

- Sport Bike = 0 speed, +0.75 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.75 handling, -1.25 grip.

- Super Comet = 0 speed, +0.75 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.75 handling, -1.25 grip.

- Varmint = 0 speed, +0.25 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.5 handling, -0.5 grip.

- Flame Rider = 0 speed, +0.25 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.5 handling, -0.5 grip.

- Broad Bean = -0.75 speed, +1.25 accel, -0.5 weight, +0.5 handling, -0.25 grip.

- The Duke = 0 speed, 0 accel, 0 weight, 0 handling, 0 grip.

- Standard Quad (ATV) = 0 speed, -0.5 accel, +0.5 weight, -0.5 handling, +0.5 grip.

- Teddy Buggy = 0 speed, 0 accel, 0 weight, 0 handling, 0 grip.

- Wild Wiggler = 0 speed, +0.25 accel, -0.25 weight, +0.5 handling, -0.5 grip.

Tires

- Standard = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.

- Monster = 0 speed, -0.5 accel, +0.5 weight, -0.75 handling, +0.75 grip.

- Slick = +0.5 speed, -0.25 accel, +0.25 weight, 0 handling, -1 grip.

- Roller = -0.5 speed, +1 accel, -0.5 weight, +0.25 handling, -0.25 grip.

- Slim = +0.25 speed, -0.25 accel, 0 weight, +0.25 handling, -0.5 grip.

- Metal = +0.25 speed, -0.5 accel, +0.5 weight, 0 handling, -0.5 grip.

- Cream Blocks = 0 speed, 0 accel, 0 weight, 0 handling, 0 grip.

- Wood = -0.25 speed, +0.25 accel, -0.25 weight, -0.25 handling, +0.5 grip.

Gliders

- Wario Wing, Waddle Wing, Plane Glider, Super Glider = 0

- Cloud Glider, Flower Glider, Bowser Kite, Parafoil (MKTV), Peach Parasol, Parachute = +0.25 accel, -0.25 weight.

Bikes don't get any increase in Speed either, and their Grip (Off-road) is terrible for the most part. 

And with Wheelies no more, Karts like the Circuit Special will dominant straightaways and courses that don't require a lot of turning like Toads Turnpike and all the Circuits

Through I'm slightly more Curious about the ATV's strengths and weaknesses, I know it has high Grip, but it's slightly different than the off-road stat in 7 from what I've been hearing.

Oh yeah

IMANbBZ.png

Gold standard Kart and Wheels, most likely the Glider is back too.

Also the fact that we are seeing it this soon may mean that it doesn't take that long to unlock it unlock in 7.

Listen closely in the Mount Wario 150 CC video.  Anyone else notice that the percussion is a fair bit more punchy when you're in first comparative to other places?  Really nice touch.

I may not gotten my DK  summit I so hoped for to be back, but this place covers it.

Listen closely in the Mount Wario 150 CC video.  Anyone else notice that the percussion is a fair bit more punchy when you're in first comparative to other places?  Really nice touch.

This was something first introduced in 7. I'm glad it returned, because I really liked it.

Apparently EDGE magazine gave the game a 9/10. The point deduction was for the less than stellar battle mode.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/227890-edge-review-scores

“Even 2011′s effervescent 3DS outing, Mario Kart 7, feels somewhat lifeless by comparison, the new HD visuals are gorgeous, but Nintendo has also built on 7′s neatly interlaced mechanics and introduced a nuanced handling model to create the greatest Mario Kart yet. The Mario Kart series’ battle arenas were designed to funnel players into each other, but now you’ll spend long stretches of time without even catching sight of a potential target as you trek round the circuit, but even this isn’t enough to detract from an otherwise-joyous follow-up to the series’ excellent 3DS outing. That it offers as much of its own innovation again speaks volumes; Mario Kart 8 is as essential a purchase as Super Mario 3D World.”

well I can't blame them for the Battle Mode, I trust we were all expecting actual Battle Arena's.

Granted Yoshi's Valley actually makes a good Arena, through they should've blocked off the road where the Giant Egg is at and the area where the finish line is at.

• Thumbs Up 2

I must be the only person in the world who never played the Battle mode ever at all.

• Thumbs Up 6

If they were gonna used race tracks at least create some borders to actually make a battle field.

I must be the only person in the world who never played the Battle mode ever at all.

Maybe. Grab some friends and play it. Really fun.

Same with mine, thats why I play online battle, Pretty fun. My friends wants to play mario kart, I'm pretty sure they don't want to battle. lol.

It's really rare playing battle mode locally with any one in my area.

Edit:

MARIOO KART EEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIGHT!!!!

That intro though.

http://youtu.be/obKnGkYLJEs

Get to see a full race of Thwomp Ruins in 2 player.

Oh boy.

Looks like Gamexplains video already got people pissed off about Bikes being superior again. Meh, I guess if enough people complained about it too Nintendo, they could nerf the Inside Drifting Bikes more so that their no different than any other vehicle in a patch or something.

I mean they got the power to do so now unlike with Wii.

The Bikes are superior on tracks with lots of turns...better turning.

Karts are better on tracks with more straight-a-ways...better speed gain.

In what way are the Bikes superior now? Do the bikes go range into making sharp turns for days with no real trouble?