Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Whoa. Nice going with more X-treme similarities.

Could this get any better?

If only my dream about the HD remaster of Adventure 2 could be realised for this game.

Full online play if you're wondering. Eh, maybe next time.

Because everyone here seems to ignore this: more Sonic X-treme similarities.

Thank you. XD

So about the whole Egg-board....

*RUNS THE FUCK AWAY!*

You know what?

You alright.

Saw this on Retro:

e59EF4K.jpg

That's quite a lot of potential level there.  I just wonder how its all connected.  The trailer doesn't really give much of an impression as to how you move from all these pretty different level segments.

Saw this on Retro:

e59EF4K.jpg

That's quite a lot of potential level there.  I just wonder how its all connected.  The trailer doesn't really give much of an impression as to how you move from all these pretty different level segments.

I'm not convinced that those sections are anything more than part of the skybox. Would love it if they were accessible however.

*RUNS THE FUCK AWAY!*
Why can't we favorite posts?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Never thought that the shifting gravity stuff made much sense for Sonic, if the gravity is always in line with the surface's normal, there's never going to be a change in momentum.  

*RUNS THE FUCK AWAY!*

tumblr_m605qfuXOs1ql63ad.gif

*logs off and heads to work*

I'm not convinced that those sections are anything more than part of the skybox. Would love it if they were accessible however.

But they look out of place and too oddly arranged to be part of a skybox as well as being darker comparative to the rest of the background to show that they're in a different part of the perspective.

But they look out of place and too oddly arranged to be part of a skybox as well as being darker comparative to the rest of the background to show that they're in a different part of the perspective.

True. I want to believe!

So are SEGA talking about the Green Wisp and the Burst Wisp or are they all gonna be new wisps? I have no idea about the "tear up levels" wisp though =\

Most likely a Frenzy Wisp. The 'tear up levels' part may refer to it munching the level terrain to reveal a new path, perhaps?

Because everyone here seems to ignore this: more Sonic X-treme similarities.

The Art director of previous modern Sonic games, Sachiko Kawamura might most likely be also be on this one. Previously she was responsible for the look of Saturn Sonic games. So maybe she was involved in X-treme. Stretching it a bit yeah.

*RUNS THE FUCK AWAY!*

*YOU'RE TOO COOL*

because ssmb is fussy about videos at specific times

Because you could "like" them instead?

You can Like and Favourite YouTube videos. You racist against forum posts or something?!

But yeah, has it really taken this long for people to notice those vast swirling path throughout the trailer and screenshots, combined with being able to run all the way around these tube-like level designs? I mean, if that screenshot is just one single level and it's that long, with Sonic having started on the bottom right and curving around and upwards to where he is then...

With all the info they seem to be happy to spread all at once rather than timed stuff over the course of months like previous games, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the games already completed and they are working on the next one in the partnership already. Or perhaps another 2D one to fill the gap before the eventual announcement of a PS4/One game. Perhaps this Nintendo partnership is beneficial in that it may give them more time to work on what will no doubt end up on other systems, the ones with the higher specs, so as they don't run the risk of releasing another half finished game like '06 due to it being their first attempt to use new tech much like '06 was.

Most likely a Frenzy Wisp. The 'tear up levels' part may refer to it munching the level terrain to reveal a new path, perhaps?

Wouldn't the Frenzy Wisp be a no show?

I mean, unless Eggy gets back on his "corrupted wisp energy" bandwagon, there shouldn't be any more purple wisps anymore...

Wouldn't the Frenzy Wisp be a no show?

I mean, unless Eggy gets back on his "corrupted wisp energy" bandwagon, there shouldn't be any more purple wisps anymore...

Eh, they could ass pull 'em in somehow if they wanted to.

With all the info they seem to be happy to spread all at once rather than timed stuff over the course of months like previous games, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the games already completed and they are working on the next one in the partnership already. Or perhaps another 2D one to fill the gap before the eventual announcement of a PS4/One game. Perhaps this Nintendo partnership is beneficial in that it may give them more time to work on what will no doubt end up on other systems, the ones with the higher specs, so as they don't run the risk of releasing another half finished game like '06 due to it being their first attempt to use new tech much like '06 was.

I really wouldn't bet on it, this is no different than any other reveal. Sure we've got box art earlier, but that's hardly worth mentioning.

Is the Wii U capable of running the Hedgehog Engine? After analysing the trailer, I've noticed that the lighting on Sonic changes every so often (he has green tinge of colour on him when running in the grassy section).

IIRC the H.E. makes light bounce off surroundings to help Sonic blend in more with the scenery.

Am I the only one who's really excited about the baby animals returning? It makes me think the Chao will be here soon too...

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who's really excited about the baby animals returning? It makes me think the Chao will be here soon too...

The Chao, maybe. But don't get your hopes up about the Chao garden.