Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Again, I love that scene because Sonic's stretching right in front of a deadly robot and he doesn't even care, he just tells him to deal with until he's done, lol.

I dunno, this is just the kind of thing I find charming about Sonic's character rather than annoying.

But the robot doesn't do anything. He doesn't acknowledge Sonic at all, so Sonic just looks dumb. 

See, taunting only works if the person getting taunted reacts, otherwise you just look like a dumbass.

• Thumbs Up 2

But the robot doesn't do anything. He doesn't acknowledge Sonic at all, so Sonic just looks dumb. 

See, taunting only works if the person getting taunted reacts, otherwise you just look like a dumbass.

I prefer it to Sonic saying nothing and just seriously engaging the enemy.

Also it's a robot spaceship, not gonna get much of a physical reaction out of it as opposed to a more smaller/humanoid robot like the captains or something.

Edited by Soniman

I prefer it to Sonic saying nothing and just seriously engaging the enemy.

At least this way I can still take Sonic somewhat seriously instead of wondering "shut up"

Also it's a robot spaceship, not gonna get much of a physical reaction out of it as opposed to a more smaller/humanoid robot like the captains or something.

That's not the point. The point is Sonic's taunts lose their meaning if they don't get a reaction. Spider Man's quips wouldn't be half as funny if the people he quipped too didn't get so pissed off at it.

This is how a hero is supposed to taunt his enemies, and the appropriate reactions from them.

• Thumbs Up 7

This likely won't be an issue with this game, so hopefully Sonic's arduous posturing won't be wasted on giant hunks of metal with no sense of humor.

This likely won't be an issue with this game, so hopefully Sonic's arduous posturing won't be wasted on giant hunks of metal with no sense of humor.

Not only this but, isn't Sonic just trying to have fun while doing his thing? He doesn't need a reaction.

You would think he would have stopped after Tails outright embarrassed him earlier in the game for doing it. *shrugs*

Can we stop now?

• Thumbs Up 1

That was DEAD robot he was talking to, not an alive one, there's a difference!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is getting really off-topic, I forgot I clicked on a Lost World topic for a moment. You guys can take this discussion elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hopefully more than just chase bosses. I dunno, after Generations had all bosses (cept Death Egg and Chaos) be chase bosses, I hope each boss has a different style, a different way of beating it.

Well Waluigi looks like it will be a chase fight.

I'm wondering that too. The bosses tend to be massively larger than Sonic, but they're almost his size now. They'll probably be like the Koopalings from NSMB...which would be AWESOME.

Hopefully more than just chase bosses. I dunno, after Generations had all bosses (cept Death Egg and Chaos) be chase bosses, I hope each boss has a different style, a different way of beating it.

To clarify, Chaos was pretty much a Chase Boss, but he was already at the end of the track :V

The new running controls might make chase bosses a little more interesting, at least.

...I hope that screenshot of Waluigi is from some kind of side mission or part of a regular act, rather than an actual boss fight. Not just because a simple side-scrolling chase would be a little underwhelming, but because the idea of interacting with the Six in gameplay more than once each sounds like a really easy way to make them feel more... substantial, I guess?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering that too. The bosses tend to be massively larger than Sonic, but they're almost his size now. They'll probably be like the Koopalings from NSMB...which would be AWESOME.

Jump on them three times? Edited by Indigo Rush

maybe we'll get some interesting chase fights now that sonic has some parkour mechanics example would be like leaping over objects or wall running to avoid hits etc.

Jump on them three times?

...Sure why not. I was speaking more of boss patterns tho.

I was thinking that, since they betrayed Eggman, they probably have some boss mechs that Eggy had prepared for Sonic. I mean, if Eggman was still in control if his resources, I'd expect him to try and take them on himself rather than relying on Sonic.

It does make me wonder how the old dude with the cane with fight against Sonic. Magic? Them all piloting mechs seems unlikely. It would be neat if they had a proper weakness or something you had to do to make them vulnerable rather than just bopping them ex number of times or having a glowing cyst on them somewhere. Something that requires a bit more thought.

It does make me wonder how the old dude with the cane with fight against Sonic. Magic? Them all piloting mechs seems unlikely. It would be neat if they had a proper weakness or something you had to do to make them vulnerable rather than just bopping them ex number of times or having a glowing cyst on them somewhere. Something that requires a bit more thought.
I figured he'd sit on a perch and cast spells at you or conjure up stuff for you to fight. You have to find some way to knock him off balance or smack his cane and then just wail on him. He magicks you away, rinse, repeat.

I figured he'd sit on a perch and cast spells at you or conjure up stuff for you to fight. You have to find some way to knock him off balance or smack his cane and then just wail on him. He magicks you away, rinse, repeat.

That sounds pretty good, he could when he gets low on health, desperation move perhaps magic a whole bunch of Badniks together? Create some giant..umm..thing. Or start casting more powerful spells. I always liked the bosses that changed their tactics as they got lower on health. Or started using beefed up moves.

Soooooooo. How about that Special Stage exclusivity? That kinda sucks, huh? I miss this bloody little things. Although most of them are just re-used and re-used and re-used shit from the past, I like an extra challenge. Frustrating fun... I think.

Also, music in special stages never fail.

Edited by Jango

Soooooooo. How about that Special Stage exclusivity? That kinda sucks, huh? I miss this bloody little things. Althougt most of them are just re-used and re-use and re-used shit from the past, I like an extra challenge.

I do miss collecting the Chaos Emeralds properly. Not being given them after a boss like Generations, or not having them in the story at all like Colours. It used to be nifty seeing what kind of special stage they would come up with. I didn't even mind all the half-pipes, they were probably one of if not the best originally. The Saturn 3D Blast ones with the added jumps and springs, turns and loops were a nice touch.

Chaos Emeralds are I think one of the things that makes a Sonic game, its part of the mythos, I always miss them when they aren't around. Or some equivalent like the Time Stones.

Why are they exclusive to 3DS version again? They could do the tilting and stuff on the game pad screen right? Having the action drop down to the game pad for special stages on the Wii U version and making them something unique you can only do on the game pad would be pretty cool.

Edited by Tenko

28019soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

We've kinda already learnt that there's going to be that.

Can someone confirm/elaborate on this for me? I am very excited at the prospect of this being true, but I haven't really seen any quotes on this feature. What I mean is: is this a one-off level, or should we expect the same kind of variety throughout the other zones? A night desert level would be

590217-cave_of_wonders.png

Yup.

I would like to see Sonic get even more cocky, imagine Sonic taunting a boss like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grkhfWQa78U

But back to Lost World, I'm hoping that the boost Spin Dash is crazy fast like in Generations Classic (if slope physics still suck) but not an invincibility move.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something like that as a Special Stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVL-nscsIk8

Controlling the Tornado(with Sonic on the top of it), touching the gamepad to clean the shit out of the way or something(Sonic can perform a HA to do it), kinda like Murph does in Rayman Legends.

Nay?

Edited by Jango