Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Saw this on Retro:

e59EF4K.jpg

That's quite a lot of potential level there.  I just wonder how its all connected.  The trailer doesn't really give much of an impression as to how you move from all these pretty different level segments.

You drew a penis, mate. ;) Interesting theory though.

Is the Wii U capable of running the Hedgehog Engine? After analysing the trailer, I've noticed that the lighting on Sonic changes every so often (he has green tinge of colour on him when running in the grassy section).

IIRC the H.E. makes light bounce off surroundings to help Sonic blend in more with the scenery.

Of course it is!

You can Like and Favourite YouTube videos. You racist against forum posts or something?!

So what if he is?tongue.png

Is the Wii U capable of running the Hedgehog Engine? After analysing the trailer, I've noticed that the lighting on Sonic changes every so often (he has green tinge of colour on him when running in the grassy section).

IIRC the H.E. makes light bounce off surroundings to help Sonic blend in more with the scenery.

Well yea... the Wii U if you saw the specs has a better video card, higher ram and cpu then xbox 360 or ps3. Even if those specs don't match xbox one or ps4 (obviously)  it falls in the middle of the two gens and honestly if the engine works on 360? Then yea it will work, probably better on wii u.

Well yea... the Wii U if you saw the specs has a better video card, higher ram and cpu then xbox 360 or ps3. Even if those specs don't match xbox one or ps4 (obviously)  it falls in the middle of the two gens and honestly if the engine works on 360? Then yea it will work, probably better on wii u.

Ah okay, I've never really looked into the Wii U's specs, that's good to hear then!

I wonder if the game will run at 60 fps, it would definitely go well with the clean and crisp visuals that we've seen so far.

Iirc the CPU is actually slightly worse than the Xbox 360 and PS3 CPUs. The specs also aren't such a massive difference, games aren't going to look much better than on 360/PS3.

The simplified graphics are probably a stylistic choice. Also they'd make more sense if the game runs at 60fps.

Iirc the CPU is actually slightly worse than the Xbox 360 and PS3 CPUs. The specs also aren't such a massive difference, games aren't going to look much better than on 360/PS3.

The simplified graphics are probably a stylistic choice. Also they'd make more sense if the game runs at 60fps.

I've been saying for a long time that they should simplify the graphics for this very reasion. I do hope it's the case for Lost World. The animation and colours in this game are pure lush, especially as everything is so rich and saturated. Generations was realistically bright, but this is like a world of rainbows. I love it.

Edited by Blue Blood

2)

AYvzOAG.jpg

The angle at which Sonic jumps is perpendicular to the angle of the slope he's on.  So basically they got slope physics right to put it simply.

This might be indicative of proper physics if this weren't a game with Galaxy-style gravity shenanigans. Assuming that's still in effect here, then "perpendicular to the surface" and "up" are the same thing.

10)

EKupYpl.jpg

Crumbling floor coupled with speed boosters probably suggests a more automated section.  Having 3 speed boosters there could suggest return of the Quick Step, though I think it may just be a fail safe to make 100% sure the player doesn't fall off here.  Not really too much here, but worth nothing nonetheless.

I don't think this has anything to do with the quick step, I think it's just a way to have some variation in where you run, and to cover the full width of the path and still have it so you only hit one booster.

Well, that depends doesn't it? The GPU really does put the 360 and PS3's to shame (and handles certain things that generally only a CPU can do), so the main difference might be that things look prettier but, there might not be as much going onscreen. It's a trade off, yeah. I'm fairly confident a game on the Hedgehog Engine could look and run better on Wii U regardless, but this stylistic choice and simplification will probably help with us finally getting a HD Sonic game that runs at 60 FPS.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

*sees extreme in depth look of screens and trailer*

After reading and stuff. I think I'm more interested in this game than I expected I would be. If the 1st level is as explorable (sp?) as we are making it out to be, then this game will probably be the same. If not more the rest of the way through. That golden canon has peak my interest the most. Is it a sign that we may be getting special levels in Lost world HD? Or something Chaos emerald related? I know I'm not the only one expecting the emeralds to return in some shape or form. If it's not super sonic in levels, then SS final fight. 

uh oh, I'm looking to far ahead......

fNC4g3P.png

It's not a ring power up. You can see rings follow him in other parts, just like how they do in generations when you run past them quickly. This is most likely an animation change, which they already confirmed. You can unlock and change the animation of Sonics run, such as how you see his run animation from Sonic CD, and this one right here. As well as a few others more than likely.

I hope the wallrunning animation gets a huge touch up. I freaking hate full stetched out vertical (wait, is it horizontal now?) arms to the sides when Sonic is running. I didn't like it in SA or 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope the wallrunning animation gets a huge touch up. I freaking hate full stetched out vertical (wait, is it horizontal now?) arms to the sides when Sonic is running. I didn't like it in SA or 06.

athletisme-12.gif

Sonic needs to run like a man, I mean come on! He's turning 22 and he needs to start acting like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

fNC4g3P.png   It's not a ring power up. You can see rings follow him in other parts, just like how they do in generations when you run past them quickly. This is most likely an animation change, which they already confirmed. You can unlock and change the animation of Sonics run, such as how you see his run animation from Sonic CD, and this one right here. As well as a few others more than likely.
What? This is definitely the only part of the trailer where the rings are attracted to him. Every other part where he's collecting rings he's running directly into them.

With a lost world like that, I wish they would split acts based on times of the day.

28019soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

We've kinda already learnt that there's going to be that.

What? This is definitely the only part of the trailer where the rings are attracted to him. Every other part where he's collecting rings he's running directly into them.

Nope

attractiverings.png

Japanese site has been updated!

banner.png

What does that banner say? Something's happening on Sonic's birthday, 23rd June.

Edited by Blue Blood

I wonder if they'll do a demo again like they did for the 20th anniversary.

• Thumbs Up 2

OOOOH. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

I am hoping we get another trailer that gets another level revealed. Hopefully that isn't all tube-in-the-sky, so that there's variation.

And then I think they should keep all the other levels secret.

Finish it off at the Ice World I guess. Just 3 will be enough. We want suprises for the final product, yeah.

OH AND SPACE QUEENS REFERENCE IN ICE WORLD MUSIC PLEASE. THANKS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, Google Translate. A bit iffy, but here, you get the gist.8890157090_6f4c5b52ea_o.jpg

Looks like raffles and some Sonic Lost Worlds stuff.

Edited by TripsS3

Nope

attractiverings.png

Japanese site has been updated!

banner.png

What does that banner say? Something's happening on Sonic's birthday, 23rd June.

Ah, I don't quite know how I missed that to be honest.  Looks like a rather weak magnet comparative to Unleashed's or even Generations (if you were boosting in those games that line of rings just below Sonic probably would've been attracted as well).  I still think that's quite curious though.

One thing I'm sure someone mentioned already, but I'm going to say it anyway. The new parkour elements feels almost like the kind of platforming that the werehog was aiming for, but done right. Hopefully they can create some levels/puzzles which make Sonic's speed more tactical and fun to overcome obstacles without it being as clumsy as the werehog ended up.