Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I just hope that Tails, Knuckles and Amy have some sort of relevance to the story other than "YAY, GO SONIC!"

• Thumbs Up 4

I just hope that Tails, Knuckles and Amy have some sort of relevance to the story other than "YAY, GO SONIC!"
I do as well. Normally, I'd be rather pessimistic about it, but it seems we're taking risks this time around. The cast will probably be limited to the main four or five, but that makes it easier to give them all something to do.
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'd tend to think Sonic would still be weary of Eggman despite the team-up though. This is someone who knew Eggman was up to something right from the get-go in Colors. Don't see how Eggman's situation in this game should be that surprising nor suspicious on Sonic's part. 

A lot better than when Sonic instantly trusts Eggman in the past; this can create tension.

I just hope the main dynamics won't just be between Sonic & Eggman and that Tails, Knuckles, and Amy can shine as well. Obviously Sonic & Eggman are going to be the stars, but here's hoping.

Hey, I don't recall seeing this screenshot of the 3DS version:

28015soniclostworld3dstoprgbv25.jpg

Sanic doin' his Parkour ting!

Edited by KrazyBean

With everything we've reported on so far... New gameplay style, Sonic/Eggman team-up story, Mario Galaxy/Sonic X-treme/Sonic Colours 2 hybrid, multiplayer, Wisp powers with the GamePad, actual 3D gameplay for the handheld version...

T-this is SEGA doing things right? Doing EVERYTHING right!?

tumblr_inline_mnkmpn1QS91qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mnkmpn1QS91qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mnkmpn1QS91qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mnkmpn1QS91qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mnkmpn1QS91qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mnkmpn1QS91qz4rgp.gif

(slight seizure warning)

Normally I'm supposed to remain as objective as possible when writing official news but it's getting so hard not to because THIS GAME IS HITTING ALL MY SWEET SPOTS.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm so excited. We're getting a GOOD portable version of a Sonic game in 3D that has new gameplay features. This is gonna be so fucking sweet.

With everything we've reported on so far... New gameplay style, Sonic/Eggman team-up story, Mario Galaxy/Sonic X-treme/Sonic Colours 2 hybrid, multiplayer, Wisp powers with the GamePad, actual 3D gameplay for the handheld version...

T-this is SEGA doing things right? Doing EVERYTHING right!?

tumblr_inline_mnkmpn1QS91qz4rgp.gif

(slight seizure warning)

Normally I'm supposed to remain as objective as possible when writing official news but it's getting so hard not to because THIS GAME IS HITTING ALL MY SWEET SPOTS.

This so much (out of likes)! I can't wait for this game. I might have a few minor hangups with a few things (guardian designs, overly simple artstyle) but overall....I agree with this post. FUCK YEAH, SONIC LOST WORLDS, SONIC IS DOUBLE BACK BABY!

If any more new info is revealed, I may have to avoid this thread. Haha. xD

Game is looking great and I want to be completely surprised once this title is released.

This so much (out of likes)! I can't wait for this game. I might have a few minor hangups with a few things (guardian designs, overly simple artstyle) but overall....I agree with this post. FUCK YEAH, SONIC LOST WORLDS, SONIC IS DOUBLE BACK BABY!

I thought that he was back since Sonic Colours but, yeah...

Edited by KrazyBean

I thought that he was back since Sonic Colours but, yeah...

Which is why I said double back. I love Colours and Generations, but this seems like it'll be about 20 steps ahead of those games. Ergo, Colours is the first back, this is the double back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Which is why I said double back. I love Colours and Generations, but this seems like it'll be about 20 steps ahead of those games. Ergo, Colours is the first back, this is the double back. 

Well, in that case...

SONIC IS DOUBLE BACK BABY!!! WOOOOOOO SANIC LOST WORLD, FEELIN' GOOD!!

What would constitute Triple-back?

Other playable characters, lots of levels, both new and remastered, with more open environments, a beautiful story, in-game multiplayer, a busload of unlockable content, and good reviews by everyone. smile.png

Keep dreaming, Sunny, keep dreaming....

Edited by The Sunheart
  • Thumbs Up 2

Y'know, I know they've said that Sonic is going to be the only playable character in Lost World... but that doesn't mean that he will be. I mean, it's still perfectly plausible that Tails or Knuckles might make it in as additional characters, just as secret unlockables that you get outside the main story. They're not going to tease a hidden feature right off the bat - they didn't tell us about Super Sonic in Colours, after all!

Of course, this could all just be wishful thinking and they may want to leave this one as Sonic only to test out the new gameplay style, but even so I wouldn't give up hope entirely just yet. Even if we're all 99.9% sure that it won't happen. To quote Tails himself from the Sonic OVA - what if this is that one other time?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic games have had 'beautiful stories' before? ohmy.png

Don't sit here and tell me you weren't crying at the end of Unleashed. happy.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone feel that the first verse of Endless Possibility fits the trailer so good it makes sense and a bit of de-ja-vu?

Try fitting it and see.

I didn't and even if I did, calling Unleashed's plot beautiful simply because of it's ending is stretching it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't and even if I did, calling Unleashed's plot beautiful simply because of it's ending is stretching it.

Okay, how about a different game...

The life and death struggle of a solitary hedgehog fighting for the freedom of his beloved animal companions against one man and his irrepressible desire to obtain power.

COLOR POWERS 

New and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He's more powerful than ever!

So are SEGA talking about the Green Wisp and the Burst Wisp or are they all gonna be new wisps? I have no idea about the "tear up levels" wisp though =\

So Sonic and Eggman have to team up eh? Sound's pretty interesting...it'll be nice to have some new villains after all.

Eggman had some Wisp energy left over and is able to scatter the land with artificial wisp power capsules to help Sonic out. calling it now

This would actually be a pretty good explanation, but I've already got the idea of actual Wisps showing up in my head and if I don't see those cute little fucks now I'll be sad. 

Though now I think about it, SEGA didn't say anything about Wisps, just "Color Powers," so something like this could be very likely.

Edited by Donkey H Kong