Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

multiple running animations are nothing new to Sonic. Why would you jump to them being unlockable rather than being different animations for different speeds or situations?

Like I just said, it's silly to go from blurry feet, to white streaks and non-blurry feet, and literally pushing himself forward. And no, the only differences in the running animation in generations (and most sonic games) is going from jogging... to running, to his feet just moving a little faster when he boosts. That's not the same as going from walking, jogging, blurry red feet, to white streaks and perfectly visible feet and thrusting himself forward.

Again, nothing ridiculous about thinking that. It may be wrong, but it's just dumb to demean the entire thing and not even acknowledge the possibility of it being a construed idea just because it went from evidence, to speculation. Especially when customization has become the norm in modern games. You may cling to the idea that it's stupid, but whether it's right or wrong, calling out the idea as completely dumb and stupid is just as silly. (especially since we're all still pretty much in the dark)

They also never said it was pressure sensitive, to my knowledge at least. So if you think about it logically, you go from walking, to running with the R trigger, then spin dash with the L trigger. Where does the multiple animations come in? Do you have blurry feet from holding R? Do you have the white streaks from holding R?

The only other explanation for that would be that the white streaks come from the speed pads, but that still wouldnt make sense seeing as how they speed you up, and yet his feet arent blurry anymore?

Which is it?

Oh wait, we don't know. Cause we're all still pretty much in the dark for most of how this game will play it. Which is my current point... 

Edited by chirf

I think it's certainly more likely that those are the running tier animations.

We see Sonic going into a light jog, and then the Blurred CD feet.

When Sonic has the white streaks show and his feet unblur, that could show that he's actually pushing himself to his higher speeds and he no longer has the blur because he's going so fast he's basically at a stride.

I think it makes sense since that's how a lot of Shadow's animations work nowadays. He skates faster to pick up pace, and when he's at max speed, he goes into a stride-like type of skating.

Edited by Xenos

When Sonic has the white streaks show and his feet unblur, that could show that he's actually pushing himself to his higher speeds and he no longer has the blur because he's going so fast he's basically at a stride.

I think it makes sense since that's how a lot of Shadow's animations work nowadays. He skates faster to pick up pace, and when he's at max speed, he goes into a stride-like type of skating.

It makes sense for Shadow though because he has powered skates on. When he picks up the momentum you could argue why he is able to just pace himself, cause that's normally how skating works. you Start off pushing faster to pick up speed, then you just keep a steady pace and it becomes more about the stride, since the wheels are doing the work (or... hover for his case).

But for sonic, I still don't understand how it could go from blurry, to not blurry. Especially how it's done in this game.

And also, we can drop this subject whenever lol I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents... cause it did seem rather odd to me..... going from blurry to not blurry. Especially in a cartoony game like this where we have his blurred feet again, instead of just his feet moving faster.

While this is an entirely different kettle of fish to fry, the story/premise is something the developers generally make and it's the writer's job to make sense of it. I wouldn't criticize that particular aspect on the writers themselves since in games like Generations there's so little for them to actually work with. Colors was also supposed to be a small title so there wasn't a lot of scenarios to work with.

Going to have to disagree here; I believe both colors and Generations had the potential of a great narrative. Colors was a game about Eggman enslaving five planets to harness energy for a giant mind control weapon to use on the planet. The writers could of taken that so many ways but just chose to make cheesy jokes.

It's even more apparent in Generations. They literally had 20 years of material to work off of. Hell, they could of told some pretty humorous jokes about the series but Generations ended up being one of the blandness narratives in the entire franchise. These guys may of written some great stuff before, but when it comes to this series their work really leaves a lot to be desired. I understand that there is strong evidence in Generations case that scenes may of been cut (most notably Big's voice actor claiming to have done lines for the game), but from what we did see it was nothing to write home about... or even mention really.

I'm really looking for a decent narrative out of this game. Otherwise, to be perfectly honest here, I would be completely ready to see these guys dropped from future titles. They're at 2 strikes in my book.

Like I just said, it's silly to go from blurry feet, to white streaks and non-blurry feet, and literally pushing himself forward. And no, the only differences in the running animation in generations (and most sonic games) is going from jogging... to running, to his feet just moving a little faster when he boosts. That's not the same as going from walking, jogging, blurry red feet, to white streaks and perfectly visible feet and thrusting himself forward.

We don't know exactly how these animations are used. Maybe no-blur is his top speed animation when you aren't using the run button, and the peel-out is his top speed animation when you are.

Again, nothing ridiculous about thinking that. It may be wrong, but it's just dumb to demean the entire thing and not even acknowledge the possibility of it being a construed idea just because it went from evidence, to speculation.

There's no evidence, though.

They also never said it was pressure sensitive, to my knowledge at least. So if you think about it logically, you go from walking, to running with the R trigger, then spin dash with the L trigger. Where does the multiple animations come in? Do you have blurry feet from holding R? Do you have the white streaks from holding R?

There are any number of possibilities. None of them make "unlockable running animations" anything more than a wild shot in the dark with zero evidence.

Ah, so people were misreading the running animation thing? Makes sense I guess, it was kind of a random idea anyway.

Sonic Generations of Skate Presented By Sonic Lost World
http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/30/sonic-generations-of-skate-presented-by-sonic-lost-world/

Why, SEGA, why? Why not give Sonic Lost World its own event? The title of the event doesn't make sense and it being broadcast on TV is going to confuse audiences rather than encourage them to buy Sonic Lost World.

Going to have to disagree here; I believe both colors and Generations had the potential of a great narrative. Colors was a game about Eggman enslaving five planets to harness energy for a giant mind control weapon to use on the planet. The writers could of taken that so many ways but just chose to make cheesy jokes.

It's even more apparent in Generations. They literally had 20 years of material to work off of. Hell, they could of told some pretty humorous jokes about the series but Generations ended up being one of the blandness narratives in the entire franchise. These guys may of written some great stuff before, but when it comes to this series their work really leaves a lot to be desired. I understand that there is strong evidence in Generations case that scenes may of been cut (most notably Big's voice actor claiming to have done lines for the game), but from what we did see it was nothing to write home about... or even mention really.

I'm really looking for a decent narrative out of this game. Otherwise, to be perfectly honest here, I would be completely ready to see these guys dropped from future titles. They're at 2 strikes in my book.

Completely agree with all of this. Still, I believe they had no choice in Generations; it really seems like they were limited with the things they could say, even the jokes that do refer to previous games are about "how places look familiar" or Sonic going "I once was in that weird adventure inside a book". It really seems like they had limited permission in regards to mentioning previous games or writing freely.

In Colors, though, I have no idea what happened. It does seem like someone directed them towards jokes that 4 year olds would laugh at, but some parts of that script cannot be excused (while other parts, like the PA, which possibly wasn't really directed, were brilliant).

There is no excuse for how bad the translator jokes were.

Which ones were your least favourites?

Underwear worn by Salad.

• Thumbs Up 6

Basically the less they had to do with what was actually being said, the worse they were.

Sonic Generations of Skate Presented By Sonic Lost World

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/30/sonic-generations-of-skate-presented-by-sonic-lost-world/

Why, SEGA, why? Why not give Sonic Lost World its own event? The title of the event doesn't make sense and it being broadcast on TV is going to confuse audiences rather than encourage them to buy Sonic Lost World.

Judging from the article, it sounds like they're promoting the different skating generations rather than the game itself, which could explain why they kept the name the same.

In regards to the writing, I'm not going to hype myself for this game's story since Generations really let us down. I wouldn't mind getting one similar to Colours but I really hope they won't resort to lame jokes like with Tails' translator. Eggman was the best written character IMO so I have a little faith that this team up with Sonic will provide us with some good humour.

I think Sonic talking to himself was much more cringe worthy than the translator jokes. Just my own taste though.

This is a prime example. At 0:29 it's just ugh.

So cringe worthy.

I love everything about it. I have some sort of love for terrible, horribly cheesy jokes.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think Sonic talking to himself was much more cringe worthy than the translator jokes. Just my own taste though.

Remind me why I considered replaying this game recently?

Edited by Chooch

Hahaha, would I be judged in saying that I actually found that kind of entertaining?

Well, if you are judged negatively for that, then know that you're not gonna get hatehooted alone.

Because I liked that scene too please don't kill me guys

The Aquatic Park boss introduction is one of the best scenes in the game.

• Thumbs Up 7