Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Eggman gets the shaft in the very beginning of the game.  I would say new record, but it's hard to top Eggman getting the shaft off-screen before the game even begins in Sonic Heroes.  However, I'll still be happy if Eggman plays a part in the story, good guy or not.

Edited by Nix

So I'm a little late to the party (internet crashed for 2 days D:) and I gotta say that this looks bloody amazing!

The gameplay looks promising, I'm glad to see that parkour is being used for keeping momentum and the mixture of 2D and 3D once again looks fantastic.

I'm really impressed by the visuals as well, it's very colourful and vibrant. I'm surprised that the graphics look this good, they're definitely on par with Generations.

No Eggman final boss? sad.png Oh well. Hopefully The Deadly Six will be fun bosses. I also hope the multiplayer will be fun and not tacked on. I'm also disappointed that Special Stages look to be handheld exclusive again sad.png

I wouldn't put it past him to turn around and steal the Chaos Emeralds or the powers of the Deadly Six in some way at the end.

Edited by Pawn

We don't know if Eggman's the final boss or not- wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is a riff on the traditional Eggman formula, having the enemies be someone else only for him at the end to snatch up the role as opposed to the opposite

That's why I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here, but right now I'm not all that keen on having them do this same thing of the new boss forcing Sonic and Eggman to team up after they've been doing it up until they stopped it at Unleashed, and even in that game the true final boss usurps him by knocking him out of its way.

Did the say multiplayer?

MULTIPLAYER?!

ohmygod

ohmygoddddd

yesssssss

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really impressed by the visuals as well, it's very colourful and vibrant. I'm surprised that the graphics look this good, they're definitely on par with Generations.

It's not objectively bad or anything but I really don't think the graphics are on par with Generations. 

Generations:

558989-sonic-generations-windows-screens

Lost World:

qj4O7O2.jpg

Huge difference (ignore the misaligned figure-8 in the second image, that's not the point). Look at the lighting, etc. Hopefully SLW's graphics are simply unfinished at this stage though.

Edited by Frogging101

Immediately thought of this:

crash-twinsanity-cover360865.jpg

Too bad we won't get any slapstick tag team moves with Eggman as the butt monkey...

• Thumbs Up 4

The plot of Eggman teaming up with Sonic reminds me of Crash of the Titans insofar as Nina's betrayal of Cortex being spoiled from almost the very minute the game was announced. 

Dat box art.

Dem Colour Powers.

Dat inevitable plot twist where Eggman regains control.

Oh boy I am excited :D

NEW MOVES

Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!

Spin Dash is back!

Spin Dash is back!

Spin Dash is back!

OH MY GOD!

ALL OF MY YES!

Also, Eggman and Sonic teaming up? I'm actually okay with this. Let's hope it's handled better here than in Heroes.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Sonic and Eggman team-up, huh? I'm okay with this.

Mostly because it means we get some more Eggman screentime than Generations had.

Yeah, I'm definitely okay with this.

Does anyone else think Sonic actually looks like Roger in that boxart?

actor_1568.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

It's not objectively bad or anything but I really don't think the graphics are on par with Generations. 

Generations:

Lost World:

qj4O7O2.jpg

Huge difference (ignore the misaligned figure-8 in the second image, that's not the point). Look at the lighting, etc. Hopefully SLW's graphics are simply unfinished at this stage though.

I'm not sure if these two images are a good comparison in terms of lighting. The ground of the planet appears to be "up" in that second image, meaning the Sun isn't reaching that area.

Generations:

Lost World:

qj4O7O2.jpg

Huge difference. Hopefully SLW's graphics are simply unfinished at this stage though.

Yes compare a deliberate HD screenshot to a shot from a compressed video demonstrating what is obviously a glitch. 

Bro if you're going to compare, at least make the comparison a little fairer:

slwwiiu5.jpg

sonic_gen-1-noscale.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Do you guys think we might get this game earlier than expected. I mean we already have boxart renders. Games like Mario & Luigi Dream Team still don't have one and its releasing this summer,

And I don't think Generations had its boxart this early on

Yes compare a deliberate HD screenshot to a shot from a compressed video demonstrating what is obviously a glitch. 

Bro if you're going to compare, at least make the comparison a little fairer:

slwwiiu5.jpg

sonic_gen-1-noscale.jpg

Ah, yes. Better comparison. I wasn't cherry-picking images to prove my point, honest! Anyway, with your comparison my point still stands.

EDIT: And with my original image, despite the fact that the light wouldn't reach that area too well, I still don't think it should look so... bleh.

Edited by Frogging101

Do you guys think we might get this game earlier than expected. I mean we already have boxart renders. Games like Mario & Luigi Dream Team still don't have one and its releasing this summer,

And I don't think Generations had its boxart this early on

An autumn release date has already been confirmed via the Japanese site.

3DS exclusive.  Good stuff.  I wonder how the WiiU version will tackle Chaos Emeralds then?

Same way Gens HD did?

"Plus the spindash is back!" *Thumbs up*

That aside, that's a rather nice render of Sonic and the confirmation of the return of Color Powers makes me quite happy. Loving the sound of everything really.

Generations:

Lost World:

qj4O7O2.jpg

Ah I see, my mistake. Still, I think they look alright for a Wii U game.

Hopefully you're right that Sonic Team are still finalising the graphics, there's still quite a few months before this is out.