Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

Anyway, everyone knows Amy's main power is being the only female hedgehog alive.  Thus all the d00ds want to git wit her

Too bad she only has eyes for one d00d.

Amy sure is picky.

Edited by SweeCrue
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about you guys, but I don't consider most of Sonic Generations events canon, yeah I don't want to discuss this, I'm just saying. Sonic meeting Classic Sonic and all that, I don't suppose all this ever happened.

But anyway, Omega beating Shadow is pretty much similar to that argument of "Sonic let his guard down, that's why Silver got him off-guard", I don't suppose Omega can beat Shadow, considering Omega's arsenal of ammo close to infinite, also Shadow's arsenal of Chaos is almost 'that' big, a bullet or a missile is not much different from a Chaos Spear, Omega truly has a strong armor, but I don't think it's so hard for Shadow to dodge a bullet, or take it, if we're speaking canonically, Shadow the Hedgehog  is canon no doubt, not sure about the gameplay part, but he sure could take many bullets from those GUN soldiers, bullets, bombs, and so on.

I'm gonna put all that in consideration, thus in the end, if Shadow doesn't go super, which will be god-modding, it will depend on who will take more, who will be able to stand after all the beating, Shadow is sure fast and circling around Omega will of course confuse him, and give some hard time trying to shoot Shadow, while for Omega it will depend on how much will his metallic armor take, as Shadow has both close range, medium range, and long range attacks, close ranged like a Spin or a Homing Attack, medium like a Chaos Blast, the long one is the Chaos Spear. Considering Shadow should always have at least one Emerald, Chaos Control will be quite handy.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't consider most of Sonic Generations events canon, yeah I don't want to discuss this, I'm just saying. Sonic meeting Classic Sonic and all that, I don't suppose all this ever happened.

If you don't want to discuss a contraversial statement then you shouldn't make the statement in the first place. You did, so now you're stuck. Why in the world do you imagine an anniversary title that's a direct follow-up from Colors storyline-wise isn't canon? 'sides, that's the the game that puts meat to your claim that Silver's so gosh darn powerful instead of just a sneaky cheat who only wins by sucker-punching a graceful victor.

Anyway.

I'm inclined to agree that Omega couldn't possibly beat Shadow in a straight-up fight. He most likely either finished him off after Shadow had been softened up by a huge battle beforehand, or simply won by atrition. Shadow doesn't have infinite stamina - eventually he'd have to get some rest, and if constant persecution prevented him from ever getting a chance to recharge he'd be beat sooner or later.

I'm inclined to agree that Omega couldn't possibly beat Shadow in a straight-up fight. He most likely either finished him off after Shadow had been softened up by a huge battle beforehand, or simply won by atrition. Shadow doesn't have infinite stamina - eventually he'd have to get some rest, and if constant persecution prevented him from ever getting a chance to recharge he'd be beat sooner or later.

I doubt Omega was literally the ONLY thing trying to seal Shadow away.  GUN probably knew better than to send ONE guy after "The Ultimate Lifeform".

If you don't want to discuss a contraversial statement then you shouldn't make the statement in the first place.

Sue me.

Why in the world do you imagine an anniversary title that's a direct follow-up from Colors storyline-wise isn't canon? 'sides, that's the the game that puts meat to your claim that Silver's so gosh darn powerful instead of just a sneaky cheat who only wins by sucker-punching a graceful victor.

God, you're freaking bringing that up again? You really didn't read my hugely quoted post did you?

At first you claim that I said Sonic is weak and can be taken advantage of, and now you claim that I said Silver is much more powerful? Now let me tell you something, I never said either.

Silver did win that time by deceiving, and just because my current avatar is Silver, doesn't mean I think he's too powerful, all I said is that if we want to discuss a versus, it should be an overall discussion, not just get stuck with one stupid scene, and I still believe that Silver has better advantages, because defeating him in Generations doesn't prove anything since it's 'gameplay wise'.

So let me ask you something, do you thing Silver can defeat Sonic because he did in that particular scene?

Are you saying Omega's power can last forever?

I doubt Omega was literally the ONLY thing trying to seal Shadow away.  GUN probably knew better than to send ONE guy after "The Ultimate Lifeform".

You're literally underestimating Omega... "one guy"?!

You might be right, but since everyone knows they had a relationship earlier, so they thought sending him 'ALONE' wouldn't raise Shadow's awareness, it should be much easier like this.

Sue me.

The only consequence of you refusing to back up your contraversial statements is that I will respond in kind. So sue me.

I agree with you. Mephiles was emphatic about "mankind turning on Shadow", so Omega would likely be their ace in the hole. I'm curious about why he would turn on Shadow in any case, but he is a robot. You can reprogram robots.

Why in the world do you imagine an anniversary title that's a direct follow-up from Colors storyline-wise isn't canon?

Unlike the SA2 and NextGen, the entire premise of Generations is that it was an anniversary title. As for the story, its connection to Colors is tenuous at best. There's also the various plotholes. For example, why didn't Sonic remember the events of the game beforehand if he had gone through it already just after Sonic 2?

Edited by ElectroKyurem

Wouldn't the same be applied to SA2 since it was an anniversary title and had no bearing on previous games?rolleyes.gif

The only consequence of you refusing to back up your contraversial statements is that I will respond in kind. So sue me.

Not really, i don't need to back up my statement because you convinced me that Sonic Generations is canon, that's right, I just found that the whole Sonic meeting himself from different timeline is canon hard to believe, I didn't actually know it was a continuous story since Colors.

Yeah, I admit that Sonic Generations storyline is canon. Find that weird? Sue me. ._.

But I still don't believe some of the game events are canon, no way in heck they are.

Wouldn't the same be applied to SA2 since it was an anniversary title and had no bearing on previous games?rolleyes.gif

Would you like to think about that for a minute?

Edited by Mysterious X

Unlike the SA2 and NextGen, the entire premise of Generations is that it was an anniversary title. As for the story, its connection to Colors is tenuous at best. There's also the various plotholes. For example, why didn't Sonic remember the events of the game beforehand if he had gone through it already just after Sonic 2?

You have a point, but I hardly think that's enough to conclude the game as non-canon. Plot holes are plentiful in most Sonic games, and I really wouldn't call the Sonic Colors connection tenuous when they actually went and showed cutscene stills from the game.

EDIT: I'm ninety-eight percent sure DarkLight was being sarcastic.

Edited by Emmett L. Brown

So let's not focus on one event again, I mean, Omega sealing Shadow.

In a fair fight Shadow should win I suppose, everybody with me?

Edited by Mysterious X

That depends on whether "a fair fight" gives him access to a Chaos Emerald.

The plot constantly flip-flops on whether or not Shadow needs a Chaos Emerald to use all his powers...

"You can have the last Emerald, Emerl. I have Maria's spirit within me, which let's me use all my Chaos powers...somehow."

"Oh no, Black Doom ran off with all seven Chaos Emeralds. Now I can't use Chaos Control to chase him through the last level... Oh, wait. Yes I can. Somehow."

...but I think Shadow would beat Omega in a straight-up fight even without Chaos Control and such. Omega couldn't even target Shadow properly that one time he did try to shoot him in the Team Dark intro of Sonic Heroes.

EDIT: I'm ninety-eight percent sure DarkLight was being sarcastic.

Oh, I'm much less sure than that.

The plot constantly flip-flops on whether or not Shadow needs a Chaos Emerald to use all his powers...

"You can have the last Emerald, Emerl. I have Maria's spirit within me, which let's me use all my Chaos powers...somehow."

"Oh no, Black Doom ran off with all seven Chaos Emeralds. Now I can't use Chaos Control to chase him through the last level... Oh, wait. Yes I can. Somehow."

Even thought I agree, now some people will say: "this is all gameplay wise, it's not canon."

I think Shadow used Chaos Spear several times in Sonic X even though all the Emeralds were scattered around... "Sonic X is not canon"...

Yeah I believe Shadow CAN use at lease some of his Chaos powers without any emeralds.

...but I think Shadow would beat Omega in a straight-up fight even without Chaos Control and such. Omega couldn't even target Shadow properly that one time he did try to shoot him in the Team Dark intro of Sonic Heroes.

That's what I said, Shadow is only 'too' fast for Omega, so probably no matter how strong Omega's armor is, it's all about time he gets his butt disassembled.

So with one Emerald present... I think it's already decided.

I agree with you. Mephiles was emphatic about "mankind turning on Shadow", so Omega would likely be their ace in the hole. I'm curious about why he would turn on Shadow in any case, but he is a robot. You can reprogram robots.

Maybe Omega had Metal Sonic-itis :V

How about the "fair fight" part screws off?

Because who in the world "fights fair" in anything but a regulated competition? And since when have fights in the Sonic series been a regulated competition?

Okay then, why are we discussing Shadow Vs. Omega?

Give Super Shadow a minute and it's over, our discussion is useless. (said you)

Edited by Mysterious X

Okay then, why are we discussing Shadow Vs. Omega?

Give Super Shadow a minute and it's over, our discussion is useless. (said you)

I just said take away the "fair fight" part and go from there. You're the one talking about Super Shadow owning Omega, dude.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Some level of ethics and reason have to be in play for the debate to be meaningful, because as I said before, a cheap shot is not a good assessment of one's physical abilities. Just because a ten year old can bust the balls of a UFC fighter doesn't mean he's suddenly got amazing athletic prowess for his age and can actually beat the shit out of the fighter. If anything goes, then anyone can win any fight if you argue hard enough, meaning the conversation becomes more disingenuous and annoying. xP

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I'd rather it be "anyone can win a fight" than "the strongest character wins", due to how restrictive the latter is with its near DBZ-like hierarchy.

Point being that just because your stronger does not guarantee you're going to win, and especially if you want to be honorable about it.

Okay I lost you. Explain a little more please.

What I said is that Super Shadow should be a god-modder, in other words, there's no arguing about it, the result is already known, is it not? So to make it arguable, we should remove the 'Super', to make it more... f... Yeah.

From the beginning I said Shadow usually possesses at least one Chaos Emerald, it's enough to stop the time for a few seconds and unplug Omega's chips. And this is never a competition. (Did I ever sound like I'm making it a competition?)

For example: What do you picture in your mind when you hear "Eggman Vs. Sonic"? Will you imagine an entire army of supplied robots filled with evilness against this innocent little blue boy? Or one of Eggman's creations being controlled by Eggman, against Sonic who proved his ability to destroy Eggman's machines (regardless of his form)?

All I'm saying is, make the fight more believable.

Edit:

Point being that just because your stronger does not guarantee you're going to win, and especially if you want to be honorable about it.

Hey, I never said that!

who in the world "fights fair"

Who in the world fights honorably?

Edited by Mysterious X

Okay I lost you. Explain a little more please.

What I said is that Super Shadow should be a god-modder, in other words, there's no arguing about it, the result is already known, is it not? So to make it arguable, we should remove the 'Super', to make it more... f... Yeah.

I'm saying that we shouldn't base it on a fair fight. You can have some really strong powers, but there's always a kryptonite factor or weakness of some kind that prevents "god-modding", and there should be workarounds to allow weaker characters to stand a chance.

Basically, it's like putting a jet against a tank. Both can kill each other if they manage to hit one another, but one has speed while the other has armor, so they'll need to work past those advantages to win in a fight.

And this is never a competition. (Did I ever sound like I'm making it a competition?)

A fight of any kind is pretty much a competition. A fair fight more so a regulated one...so yeah.

For example: What do you picture in your mind when you hear "Eggman Vs. Sonic"? Will you imagine an entire army of supplied robots filled with evilness against this innocent little blue boy? Or one of Eggman's creations being controlled by Eggman, against Sonic who proved his ability to destroy Eggman's machines (regardless of his form)?

Either one would be fine.

EDIT:

Hey! I never said that!

Who in the world fights honorably?

A fair fight and an honorable fight are pretty much similar.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

I'm saying that we shouldn't base it on a fair fight. You can have some really strong powers, but there's always a kryptonite factor or weakness of some kind that prevents "god-modding", and there should be workarounds to allow weaker characters to stand a chance.

I just started to get you... Omega could be previously programmed with a way to prevent the transformation, or drain Shadow's rings and get him back to normal.

Well, this is rather credible.

Either one would be fine.

I was asking about the picture that appears in your mind when you hear that... But never mind.

Well I'd rather it be "anyone can win a fight" than "the strongest character wins", due to how restrictive the latter is with its near DBZ-like hierarchy.

Of course there's never any guarantees, but some control variables are needed for the debate to be reasonable, to determine who is merely "most likely" to win, otherwise what's the point on even debating beyond to cheer on your favorite characters and throw out bullshit hypotheticals? I again point to my derision of early Pokemon Gym battles. Does anyone really think that Pikachu is likely to win a controlled fight against Onix? No; if the sprinklers hadn't turned on, logic dictates Pikachu would be toast, and to use that happenstance as the basis for asserting Pikachu is stronger than or most likely to win against Onix is as disingenuous as using any kind of cheap shot leveled onto the Sonic cast as proof of physical capability and likelihood of winning.
  • Thumbs Up 1