Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

I mostly meant that she summons an infinite amount of them through some sort of magic or something. And Sonic the Fighters calls it a MAGICAL Hammer. 

Sonic the Fighters is canon...?

No I'm sorry, I just corrected the post.

So from that perspective, Shadow, Silver, Sonic and everyone who uses Super forms with Chaos Emeralds, hide the Chaos Emeralds with a magical spell?

I never knew Sonic was a wizard.

No, they hide the emeralds in their own magical pocket thing/Hammerspace and can summon them at will and they absorb them into their bodies when Super. 

Sonic the Fighters is canon...?

It was the first appearance of her hammer. 

Edited by tsz11

It was the first appearance of her hammer. 

The game also had eight Chaos Emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 6

The game also had eight Chaos Emeralds.

That's the only thing I consider non-canon about the game. That and possibly the events. 

No, they hide the emeralds in their own magical pocket thing/Hammerspace and can summon them at will and they absorb them into their bodies when Super.

Just like speech is an ability humans have, the alternate space Sonic characters hide their stuff in it is a normal ability, never a superpower.

Even Knuckles can hide the Master Emerald in whole. It's not even a 'power'.

That's the only thing I consider non-canon about the game. That and possibly the events. 

.....So, 95% of the game isn't canon, but the magic powers are...?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just like speech is an ability humans have, the alternate space Sonic characters hide their stuff in it is a normal ability, never a superpower.

It's not even that, it's nothing, it isn't a thing at all.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whether it's a power or not, Hammerspace exists in the Sonic Universe.

Hammerspace is almost never actually a thing. It is not a thing in the Sonic universe. A work where it is a thing would treat it vastly differently.

Hammerspace is almost never actually a thing. It is not a thing in the Sonic universe. A work where it is a thing would treat it vastly differently.

If hammerspace didn't exist, where does all the characters keep all the stuff that they are seen pulling out and putting back in cutscenes and gameplay? They don't have pockets and even then, chaos emeralds, touch screen computers, giant hammers, and a giant emerald as well as an entire arsenal of bombs are too big for pockets. 

The answer is that there is no answer, because the series does not concern itself with it. Hammerspace is what we typically call that nonanswer, but it is not actually a thing that exists (except for the rare instances where a series makes it a thing, which the Sonic series does not).

The answer is that there is no answer, because the series does not concern itself with it. Hammerspace is what we typically call that nonanswer, but it is not actually a thing that exists (except for the rare instances where a series makes it a thing, which the Sonic series does not).

They pull chaos emeralds and stuff out from behind there backs in CUTSCENES. The CGI opening of Unleashed has Sonic summon the emeralds from hammerspace by sheer willpower.

I'm well aware of what happens. That doesn't change the fact that hammerspace is not actually a thing. You are attempting to treat a work of fiction as a simulation of a functional universe, that's why you are getting errors.

I'm well aware of what happens. That doesn't change the fact that hammerspace is not actually a thing. You are attempting to treat a work of fiction as a simulation of a functional universe, that's why you are getting errors.

I consider all works of fiction and every possible decision and dream as possible alternate universes. 

The "hammerspace" thing is just so the characters don't have to carry a backpack around to hold everything. It's an acceptable break from reality. If a character has an object in their posession, does it really matter how they carry it?

And you still haven't explained why every character has to have some kind of mystic power of some sort.

The "hammerspace" thing is just so the characters don't have to carry a backpack around to hold everything. It's an acceptable break from reality. If a character has an object in their posession, does it really matter how they carry it?

And you still haven't explained why every character has to have some kind of mystic power of some sort.

Ugh... I just pictured all the characters carrying around backpacks throughout the levels and stuff....

Because there are golden rings of power floating everywhere, there are seven gemstones of infinite power that can be harnessed by some people, and they are seen using super powers of some sort with a glowy neon aura surrounding them. And I'm not saying every character has to have them, I'm mostly saying that they do from what I've seen. 

I consider all works of fiction and every possible decision and dream as possible alternate universes.

That's unhealthy, and also why you don't understand fiction.

...right...

So, can I steer this topic away from the current discussion?

Here's something to think about: should a fight really be determined by what kind and how many powers a character has?

Well, that's part of the equation. Not the whole bit, but a pretty significant part.

That's unhealthy, and also why you don't understand fiction.

How is it unhealthy? How can I not understand fiction when I'm currently working on making a cartoon in the future?

Ain't it nothing but a thing.

Ugh... I just pictured all the characters carrying around backpacks throughout the levels and stuff....

Aaah..... No thanks.

...right...

So, can I steer this topic away from the current discussion?

Here's something to think about: should a fight really be determined by what kind and how many powers a character has?

A fight would be determined by not only powers but also their thought process and how they think and decide what to do during fights.

You think it's real, when it isn't.

I don't think cartoons or video games are real. I only consider them existing in some parallel world faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr far apart from our own reality.