Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

I was wondering, how would Tails vs Cream turn out?

Deadly...

Nah I'm just kiddin'. One of them would probably get a cut and go to Cream's Mom for a band-aid or something.

I've already suggested we get back on topic. I don't want to just keep going on and on about my beliefs and thoughts on quantum physics.

It's okay, I've edited my post to something else.

Deadly...

Nah I'm just kiddin'. One of them would probably get a cut and go to Cream's Mom for a band-aid or something.

Their not babies. Well, Tails isn't at least... he's been fighting alongside Sonic for years, and Cream's been fighting for a considerable length of time. 

Cheese is always with Cream. 

Chaos have shorter lifespans, he'll die first, and when she grows up she'll settle things properly with Tails.

Their not babies. Well, Tails isn't at least... he's been fighting alongside Sonic for years, and Cream's been fighting for a considerable length of time. 

Tails is only very smart, but he's a kid.

A joke dude....

I'm well aware. And I'm pretty sure Tails would kick Cream's ass. Cream fighting for a considerable length of time...? We got Sonic Advance 2... Heroes...

Um,  what is considerable to you, again?

A joke dude....

I'm well aware. And I'm pretty sure Tails would kick Cream's ass. Cream fighting for a considerable length of time...? We got Sonic Advance 2... Heroes...

Um,  what is considerable to you, again?

There's advance 2, Heroes, Battle...well the very fact she's been in the series as a playable character is good enough for me.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but from an external perspective, the last few pages of back-and-forths are pretty hilarious.

Honestly, I don't buy Amy having magical powers. She can have a Magic Hammer, but that doesn't mean she's a witch or sorceress of some kind. Her invisibility in 06 was arbitrary. SEGA gave it to here, because without it, she'd be fuck'd in-game as she was slow as treacle, had horribly broken jump physics and her only means of attack was a very short range hammer swing. Her speed in Heroes was because there were 3 classes, and Team Easy Mode Rose needed a speed character. Her moves in multiplayer SA2B was for some meagre attempt at balancing. Most of these things haven't been acknowledged in ANY game, even the games in which they made their debut. She never uses Amy Flash (that sounds wrong) in SA2 even though she had plenty of opportunities to use it, and she never used it in any subsequent game. Amy never uses that bullshit invisibilty outside of gameplay time in 06's story, when she had numerous opportunities to do so (like when sneaking out of Eggman's base with Elise).

If you think those things ARE canon, then that's great for you. You're just going to have a hard time convincing other people that they are and its unlikely that they will ever be used at all ever in a Sonic game made by Sonic Team, even if she's playable in it.

• Thumbs Up 9

You could probably give Amy her invisibility back if you gave her a cloaking device...:P

Cream V Tails? Well, that's an interesting matchup.

Gameplay wise, the two are virtually identical in most games, save for the involvement Cheese has. And from that perspective I'm sure we're all well aware how gamebreakingly effective Cheese can be (and if not, I encourage you to click my signature), but it depends on which options of Tails's you choose to include, namely, his projectile attacks from Battle. By that stage it's essentially a contest of who can "shoot" first, because I doubt either character can take a particularly big hit and roll with it. That being said Cheese is a pretty smart flier that can home in on enemies from entire screen lengths, so assuming you could ever give both him and Cream a reason to fight I'd say the odds are slightly skewed in their favour. Even moreso if you lend any merit to the ridiculous infinite combos she could perform in Sonic Battle at close range.

God help Cream if Tails happens to bring the Tornado into the fray, though.

I always considered Cheese's gamebreaking nature to be a result of Cream being the "Easy Mode" character. While I have no doubt he could be used as an effective weapon, I wouldn't say he's quite as strong as you claim. Anyway, Cream is defenseless while Cheese is attacking, so if Tails is able to dodge him and get to Cream in time (and remember, he's fast enough to keep up with Sonic), one Tail Attack should be enough to secure his victory.

Just so you know, I'm not saying Tails has an advantage. In fact, I think they're pretty much evenly matched, which is why I suggested this matchup in the first place.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but from an external perspective, the last few pages of back-and-forths are pretty hilarious.

Well they are hilarious if I read them all again (post by post), I think.

Her invisibility in 06 was arbitrary. SEGA gave it to here, because without it, she'd be fuck'd in-game as she was slow as treacle, had horribly broken jump physics and her only means of attack was a very short range hammer swing.

It doesn't really seem that this is the case, they could've made her faster if she was slow, rather than just give her a new special ability, that never did and probably never will appear in any Sonic game, an ability that will make quite a fuss on some Sonic fan forums...............

If you think those things ARE canon, then that's great for you. You're just going to have a hard time convincing other people that they are and its unlikely that they will ever be used at all ever in a Sonic game made by Sonic Team, even if she's playable in it.

... We already are through this discussion, he already had a hard time and we were never convinced, so please, you're kinda bringing it all up again, more than half the things you said were already mentioned, I'm not saying you're spamming. However, you stated that you read the last few pages and yet you're only repeating and bringing a ceased argument to life, and kind of, somehow,  urging tsz11 to reply to you.

Cream V Tails? Well, that's an interesting matchup.

Gameplay wise, the two are virtually identical in most games, save for the involvement Cheese has. And from that perspective I'm sure we're all well aware how gamebreakingly effective Cheese can be (and if not, I encourage you to click my signature), but it depends on which options of Tails's you choose to include, namely, his projectile attacks from Battle. By that stage it's essentially a contest of who can "shoot" first, because I doubt either character can take a particularly big hit and roll with it. That being said Cheese is a pretty smart flier that can home in on enemies from entire screen lengths, so assuming you could ever give both him and Cream a reason to fight I'd say the odds are slightly skewed in their favour. Even moreso if you lend any merit to the ridiculous infinite combos she could perform in Sonic Battle at close range.

God help Cream if Tails happens to bring the Tornado into the fray, though.

I had already clicked you signature... I'm not willing to go through that again. xD

Now back on topic, bringing wither Cheese or the Tornado, or any of Tails' smart machines, won't make a fair fight.

So I'm gonna assume that and say, Cream has got her butt kicked.

I always considered Cheese's gamebreaking nature to be a result of Cream being the "Easy Mode" character. While I have no doubt he could be used as an effective weapon, I wouldn't say he's quite as strong as you claim. Anyway, Cream is defenseless while Cheese is attacking, so if Tails is able to dodge him and get to Cream in time (and remember, he's fast enough to keep up with Sonic), one Tail Attack should be enough to secure his victory.

Just so you know, I'm not saying Tails has an advantage. In fact, I think they're pretty much evenly matched, which is why I suggested this matchup in the first place.

Are we gonna go through the 'speed' thing again?! Tails is only fast enough to keep with Sonic as in a perspective of gameplay, (maybe Sonic slows down to let him keep up), BUT, Tails is not technically as fast as Sonic, not even close.

Are we gonna go through the 'speed' thing again?! Tails is only fast enough to keep with Sonic as in a perspective of gameplay, (maybe Sonic slows down to let him keep up), BUT, Tails is not technically as fast as Sonic, not even close.

I was only trying to point out that it isn't implausible for Tails to reach Cream before Cheese can hit him.

But yes, Tails is technically as fast as Sonic. The only difference is that Tails has to be flying to achieve the speed Sonic can run at. That's the whole reason Sonic allowed Tails to travel with him in the first place!

Tails is not as fast as Sonic, I insist. <_<

And the idea that Tails can reach Cream before Cheese's rebound, is rather arguable, as Tails needs time to 'fly' like you said, and accelerate to the desired speed, while Cheese on the other hand, is still in the air, and while he isn't a mindless boomerang, Cheese can notice Tails' dodge and stop right at it and get back to defend his owner, which won't really require much since he is still in the air, and can fly in full speed of a chao, much sooner than Tails can reach his top speed, I suppose.

Tails is not as fast as Sonic, I insist. dry.png

And the idea that Tails can reach Cream before Cheese's rebound, is rather arguable, as Tails needs time to 'fly' like you said, and accelerate to the desired speed, while Cheese on the other hand, is still in the air, and while he isn't a mindless boomerang, Cheese can notice Tails' dodge and stop right at it and get back to defend his owner, which won't really require much since he is still in the air, and can fly in full speed of a chao, much sooner than Tails can reach his top speed, I suppose.

Did you not read my explanation? Tails being as fast in the air as Sonic is on land is canon. If it weren't, Sonic wouldn't have let Tails join him!

When did I say Tails needs to reach a certain speed before he can fly? It's actually the other way around.

Even if Tails can't outmaneuver Cheese, he could easily knock him away with another Tail Attack.

You know what? Never mind what I said before about the two characters being evenly matched. Tails clearly has the upper hand here.

Did you not read my explanation? Tails being as fast in the air as Sonic is on land is canon. If it weren't, Sonic wouldn't have let Tails join him!

Why not?

Why not?

Sonic was impressed that Tails could keep up with him, and allowed him to be his sidekick. Tails has a flashback of it in SA1, remember?

When did I say Tails needs to reach a certain speed before he can fly? It's actually the other way around.

Even if Tails can't outmaneuver Cheese, he could easily knock him away with another Tail Attack.

You know what? Never mind what I said before about the two characters being evenly matched. Tails clearly has the upper hand here.

I read your freaking explanation, I understand, but Tails isn't as fast a runner. I still insist.

You didn't say anything about Tails' speed, I'm saying when he's on the ground, and intending to do a surprise attack, he will take sometime to spin his Tails and rise up, dodge little Mr. Cheese, and then accelerate ahead in the air till he reaches a speed that is 'fairly faster than your typical chao's flying speed', that's all.

And a tail is a tail, I didn't see Tails use his tails to attack in other games than Sonic Adventure DX, so is it even a canon? If it's not, then cheese will freaking slash through the furry tail and beat the heck out of the orange fox.

Tails Vs. Cream and Cheese is a fair fight, but Tails will say it's two on one, not fair, so he'll bring the tornado, and that won't be very good for Cream, but if it was only Tails Vs. only Cream, then Cream is already on her way to the after life.

Sonic was impressed that Tails could keep up with him, and allowed him to be his sidekick. Tails has a flashback of it in SA1, remember?

I really don't, enlighten me.

I never said Tails could run as fast as Sonic.

The flashback occurs just after the first Sky Chase. Tails falls into the rainforest, which brings back memories of how he met Sonic.

I never said you said that, but when someone says "faster" for the first instant I tend to imagine them running, that's all.

So, Tails wins? We all agree?

I already started a round not so long ago, I'll pass the honor to someone else this time.

Shadow versus E-123 Omega. I know there was a thread on it a while ago, but it was a fun one to speculate.

Canonically Omega was given the job of guarding the cell containing the real Shadow in Heroes (unless he really was abandoned, which would be tactically stupid given his obvious power compared to the other Eggman robots). Canonically Omega defeated Shadow and imprisoned him in the bad future of Sonic 06 (timeline erased, but thanks to Generations we now have the confusing fact that erased timelines still exist somehow).

How in the hell would Omega beat Shadow? Some kind of kryptonite factor? A whopping huge army at his back? How does a robot who's main skill is having lots of firepower defeat someone who can teleport, skate at near supersonic speeds, and freeze time?

kill him before he gains full concinous, suspossedly he would be hooked up to any activation systems and a standard unauthorized entry would activate him, however rouge took a different one, and distracted him by accident before he could kill shadow before he was awake.

its not nessecarily ability or skill, just timing

It's worth noting that Omega also singlehandedly beat Mephiles twice, who himself was no slouch either, arguably on Shadow's exact same tier.

Time stopping and teleporting is one thing, but even with that kind of power, dodging a bullet is still extremely difficult. Unless Shadow reacted a little prior to the shot, he'd end up with a lobotomy. The other thing is that there's a lot we still don't know about Omega's loadout, but there's already at least six individual guns on each arm if we combine what we've seen from Heroes and '06. Depending on how much ammo he has and how much of a beating his armour can take, it's possible Omega could win a fight on attrition alone.

Of course, it's just as likely he pulled a cheap shot on Shadow by using his status as a boyfriend to lower his guard, but what do I know? Take all that speculation away and it's kinda hard to see how Shadow could lose, admittedly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Time stopping and teleporting is one thing, but even with that kind of power, dodging a bullet is still extremely difficult.

It's not

• Thumbs Up 1